"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Got our tickets for our first ever Very Merry Christmas party! Going to use it as the start to our Disney vacation! :)

For those of you that are pros at Very Merry, we're planning on going right at 4 p.m. to maximize park time. Any other tips we need to follow? Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this was posted before but after thinking I missed my DVC discount these are the only dates for discounts on MVMC

Passholder and Disney Vacation Club discounted tickets dates are:
November 11, 18, 20, 27, 29
December 4, 6, 16, 18, 20
AP & DVC Discounted tickets are available for the following party nights:
November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28, 30
December: 1, 3, 5, 7

Make sure you select the appropriate radio button for either AP for DVC products & prices.

This will be my first time purchasing party tickets as a passholder. I want to bring my mom as well, but she is not a passholder. Will I be able to buy both of our tickets at the same discounted price? Or would she need to buy her own ticket at the regular price?

This will be my first time purchasing party tickets as a passholder. I want to bring my mom as well, but she is not a passholder. Will I be able to buy both of our tickets at the same discounted price? Or would she need to buy her own ticket at the regular price?
You can buy both at a discounted price. I purchased for my family of 6, and only 2 of us are pass holders.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we are thinking about going to the party and we are not Christian. We do however have no issues watching Christmas Story/Christmas Vacation/Die Hard every Christmas season. Is there any representation of other holidays or is it all Christmas? We always hear how much fun the event is, so that's why we're thinking of going...as well as the lower crowds than a regular park day...

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we are thinking about going to the party and we are not Christian. We do however have no issues watching Christmas Story/Christmas Vacation/Die Hard every Christmas season. Is there any representation of other holidays or is it all Christmas? We always hear how much fun the event is, so that's why we're thinking of going...as well as the lower crowds than a regular park day...
Outsiders view since this will be our first holiday season at WDW but MVMCP seems very much secular Christmas traditions; Santa, reindeer, songs and shows, etc. Epcot has more cultural holiday events in the various countries and traditional meaning of Christian Christmas through the Candlelight Processional. Hope that helps.

I don’t recall seeing any other holidays represented at the party, but it’s not very Christian, I’m not Christian either. As mentioned above Its more secular, the Epcot event has many religions represented but the candlelight precessional is very Christian (or so I’m told) I’ve never actually watched it.

It’s not stupid. I’m not Christian (or religious), and I love MVMCP. It definitely concentrates on Christmas, but not in a religious way, if that makes sense. It’s more santa, joyful songs, wintertime traditions (cookies/trees)/costumes on characters. It’s a fantastic event for everyone, IMO.

When do the dessert parties go on sale? If I remember correctly from last year they are not part of the rolling 60 days out.

When do the dessert parties go on sale? If I remember correctly from last year they are not part of the rolling 60 days out.

They haven't even announced them yet, so that's hard to say. Typically, it would be the 60 days.

Looked at UT for Christmas party tickets on my date and for 11 people, the savings is $100 vs buying on the official site. If I buy through the discounted site, the tickets are emailed. Is it a problem getting them in my MDE account myself?

Looked at UT for Christmas party tickets on my date and for 11 people, the savings is $100 vs buying on the official site. If I buy through the discounted site, the tickets are emailed. Is it a problem getting them in my MDE account myself?
Thanks for posting this! I've used UT for tickets before but didn't even think to look there for the party tickets.

There have not been any reports of guests purchasing from UT having challenges linking their tickets. They are a reliable source for Disney tickets.

I saw your post and was kicking myself for not thinking of this. I bought my park tickets from them, but never thought of going to them for the MVMCP tickets. However, when I just went and priced for my party of 5 - UT is actually more expensive for my date. Not by much ($30) but still. . . .maybe it varies by date?

Just pointing it out - to make sure to price both options, just in case. I paid $1059 for 5 people for December 21st. But, it would be $1086 on UT.

However, when I just went and priced for my party of 5 - UT is actually more expensive for my date. Not by much ($30) but still. . . .maybe it varies by date?
That's interesting. Yes, my date is $2081.82 on UT for 11 people and the banner shows "Save $100". On MDE the price would be $2182 for the same date so it does save $100 on UT. If I purchased discount Disney gift cards I could save even more but I don't know that I want to do that.

That's interesting. Yes, my date is $2081.82 on UT for 11 people and the banner shows "Save $100". On MDE the price would be $2182 for the same date so it does save $100 on UT. If I purchased discount Disney gift cards I could save even more but I don't know that I want to do that.

I clicked other dates on UT and saw the banner saying how much $ I'd save. But the night we are going (12/21st) it does not have that banner. So, it actually costs more through UT for our date - which surprised me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter