• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Not sure if this was posted before but after thinking I missed my DVC discount these are the only dates for discounts on MVMC

Passholder and Disney Vacation Club discounted tickets dates are:
November 11, 18, 20, 27, 29
December 4, 6, 16, 18, 20
These dates are somehow off. The December MVMCP dates, for example, are
  • Friday, December 1
  • Sunday, December 3
  • Tuesday, December 5
  • Thursday, December 7
  • Friday, December 8
  • Sunday, December 10
  • Tuesday, December 12
  • Thursday, December 14
  • Friday, December 15
  • Sunday, December 17
  • Tuesday, December 19
  • Thursday, December 21
  • Friday, December 22
We are going on Dec 15 and it is a no-discount day.

Note: If I missed the humor, then apologies ;) I had to call to be sure there were no discounts on our Dec 15 day.

Wonder why the 9 night stretch of Dec 7-15 has no discounts? I’m Dec 8-16. Still will go at $201 a person, but a small discount would have been nice.

Yes, I would definitely make Jollywood a priority! I was talking specifically about MVMCP.
Yes, I agreed, saying very true. And stated went ahead and purchased since already buying Jollywood Nights tickets.

And dates previous parties sold out on are on page 1 - Ghosts of Christmas Past as reference.

These dates are somehow off. The December MVMCP dates, for example, are
  • Friday, December 1
  • Sunday, December 3
  • Tuesday, December 5
  • Thursday, December 7
  • Friday, December 8
  • Sunday, December 10
  • Tuesday, December 12
  • Thursday, December 14
  • Friday, December 15
  • Sunday, December 17
  • Tuesday, December 19
  • Thursday, December 21
  • Friday, December 22
We are going on Dec 15 and it is a no-discount day.

Note: If I missed the humor, then apologies ;) I had to call to be sure there were no discounts on our Dec 15 day.
Oh my apologies, I got that info from a cast member this morning and didn't fact check it. Looks like those dates I posted are the Jollywood Nights.

Oh my apologies, I got that info from a cast member this morning and didn't fact check it. Looks like those dates I posted are the Jollywood Nights.
That explains it! Yes. We're going back-to-back on Dec 15 and 16. We got the Jollywood discount on the 16th but no discount for MVMCP on the 15th. CM told me since there's only 10 Jollywood they're not limiting it like MVMCP for discounts. I'll take what I can get I suppose ;)

Anyone use SOG to obtain theirs? Trying to decide if the savings are worth the potential hassle.

I had to use the link from the email from Disney Destinations to order my ticket for 11/30. If I went into my account and tried to purchase through it, it said basically to come back on the 6th.

I'll be motoring around in an ECV with xmas lights.

Anyone use SOG to obtain theirs? Trying to decide if the savings are worth the potential hassle.
I submitted a form because I was undecided which way I wanted to go. They called yesterday to confirm my order. They were very responsive. I ended up going direct Disney so I could use discounted gift cards I had. The savings with Shades for my date would have been $30 so to me using the GC’s was better value due to discounts I had when purchasing them.

To me the biggest issue with tickets at Shades is the fact you have to sign for them upon delivery.

I submitted a form because I was undecided which way I wanted to go. They called yesterday to confirm my order. They were very responsive. I ended up going direct Disney so I could use discounted gift cards I had. The savings with Shades for my date would have been $30 so to me using the GC’s was better value due to discounts I had when purchasing them.

To me the biggest issue with tickets at Shades is the fact you have to sign for them upon delivery.
So helpful and had not thought about the GF discounts! Thanks!

Wasn't planning on MVMCP this year, but flights back home were NUTS. It was cheaper to snag another night with points, buy a ticket for a Sunday night party, and pay for a flight home Monday instead of flying back Sunday. Wild. Guess I should be thankful United is off their rocker and I get another day of vacation for it 😆

What nights in December do they have the Jollywood party?
Disney Jollywood Nights takes place select nights in November and December 2023.

2023 Event Dates
Saturday, November 11
Saturday, November 18
Monday, November 20
Monday, November 27
Wednesday, November 29
Monday, December 4
Wednesday, December 6
Saturday, December 16
Monday, December 18
Wednesday, December 20

MVMCP tickets go on sale to the non-Disney hotel guests tomorrow, right? I'm considering getting them for Thursday, November 16. Not sure if I need to worry about getting them as soon as they go on sale or not. That's the Thursday before Thanksgiving.

MVMCP tickets go on sale to the non-Disney hotel guests tomorrow, right? I'm considering getting them for Thursday, November 16. Not sure if I need to worry about getting them as soon as they go on sale or not. That's the Thursday before Thanksgiving.
Yes. Tomorrow (July 6) tickets go on sale for everyone. Hard to forecast when sellouts might occur. Page 1 post 8 in this thread has last years info on when different dates sold out (see picture). This year could be quite different.

Attachments

• IMG_1015.png
    IMG_1015.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter