"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Does anyone have any updates on a new popcorn bucket? Maybe Oct parties will get the best. Just realized there is a fourth Hocus Pocus show for Oct at 7:40 pm. We were planning on staying in the hub area for 10:15 fireworks (starting around 9:30-40) hocus pocus show and then ride some nearby rides before coming back to see the 11:45 pm parade. After that probably take some photopass shots on Main Street (wait for crowds to clear).

In 2019 getting back to our resort was the biggest challenge. Anyone used Minnie vans back?
We took a Minnie Van on 9/12, but we left the party about 11:45 +/-. We had no issues and only waited about 10 minutes for one to arrive. There was quite a line building when we left. You could take a few extra minutes and walk to the Contemporary, and maybe that would clear out a few more.

Went to last night’s party (Sunday) and had a blast. Great weather was a bonus. Unfortunately, ride times were high for Haunted Mansion and a couple others..all the way up until midnight!
I went to this party one month ago, and this one felt more busy. They were both sold out.
I enjoyed the parade, fireworks, and Hocus Pocus show.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer my question?
We are a party of 3 and have tickets for the October 24th party. My girlfriend has decided last minute to join us on our trip, making us a party if 4. She does not have ticket! Our event night is sold out and looks like all nights are for our dates 23-29. How likely is it that there may be tickets available day of and/or any suggestions. It is unfortunate as there was availability when she said she would come and then when I went purchase they were gone! Amazing that all dates have pretty much sold out!
Thanks in advance for any insight :)

Hi all,

We are a party of 3 and have tickets for the October 24th party. My girlfriend has decided last minute to join us on our trip, making us a party if 4. She does not have ticket! Our event night is sold out and looks like all nights are for our dates 23-29. How likely is it that there may be tickets available day of and/or any suggestions. It is unfortunate as there was availability when she said she would come and then when I went purchase they were gone! Amazing that all dates have pretty much sold out!
Think I found the answer in another thread :)
I will try getting her a ticket day of and will post my experience after :)

Hi all,

If the majority of your group already has party tickets and you are adding one more ticket for an additional guest in your group, Disney may allow you to purchase an additional ticket for that person but, it is not guaranteed they will do this. They often do but not always.

When I went on 9-12, tron was only a double treat which I heard from past it was a 4 stop treat, monsters and Tiki was only a single stop. There was a surprise stop when you got off of Pirates. Most CM were generous with the scoops but some were stingy, especially those working Little Mermaid stop.
We were there on 09/12 as well and were less than impressed with the amount that was given out especially after seeing pictures of people with tons. Granted my toddler was done with it all early, but his bag wasn't even full. There were a few scoops where he maybe got three pieces of candy.

Went to the party this past Sunday. We had an overall amazing time! I thought the candy was the amount I expect, but I didn’t want more than 1 bag filed per person so maybe I’m the exception to the rule.

Did almost all the rides we wanted, saw a few characters, caught the fire works and the late parade. Overall a great day for our group!!

Using scoops or not, it seems that the overall average amount of pieces of candy given was about 3-5 pieces. I thought the scoopers would have been more generous. I guess not!!

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't care how much or little candy we get. Candy is literally the last thing on my list of priorities with the party, but I guess everyone is different.
This. Exactly.

You can get candy at the store for a fraction of the cost of the party ticket lol

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't care how much or little candy we get. Candy is literally the last thing on my list of priorities with the party, but I guess everyone is different.
Same. You can go to Walmart and buy a giant bag of candy for $15. I get trick or treating, but after 2-3 stations we are done. And we never eat it all anyway, I‘m sure we have Halloween candy from last year still in our pantry 😜 I would rather do stuff I can’t do or see at home…

Most of the bloggers reported the candy melting by the end of the night (despite most of the candy being kept cold). You could fill up huge bags at Gaston’s Tavern (less crowded and short walk).

I do think the party should have more easily accessible/quick treat trails and more character couples and villains. They could easily add candy to the bypass and more photopass photographers (eg the big treat sign as in the past).

Be our guest has so many ADRs open during MNSSHP maybe the Beast could host a villains dessert spectacular or even a pre plated dessert trio (in the red rose room) which includes reserved fireworks viewing, just saying. Why isn’t the beast taking photos?

Think I found the answer in another thread :)
I will try getting her a ticket day of and will post my experience after :)
I was able to buy my DS a ticket so he could join us at this past Sunday’s sold out party. I bought it while visiting MK earlier in the week, so not day of. They were very nice about it.

We went to the parties on 9/17 and 9/24. Both were sold out but it seemed to us there were fewer people than pre-Covid MNSSHPs. Walked up last minute for fireworks and second parade both nights. Hocus Pocus at midnight was easy to see as well. We had 4 pm Jungle Skipper adrs the first night and ’Ohana at 3:45 the second. Both worked well timing-wise. We used the main ticketing gates before 6 pm because we all had hoppers/APs and got wristbands/treat bags at Tortuga or Philharmagic. Neither had lines when we were there.

Characters aren’t our thing but we did meet Jack and Sally (with DAS) plus Jafar. J&S were the best character meet I have ever experienced. Very personable! We concentrated on rides, photopass shots, and, well, atmosphere all in cooler evening air. Tried some snacks the first night. Hades cone was a favorite. Did some trick or treating toward the end, although not a priority in any way so came out with half a bag maybe. We enjoyed the quick break for the show at Monsters Laugh Floor candy stop.

We hadn’t been in a few years - thanks to the contributors of this thread, I think the info made our night go smoothly!

I was able to buy my DS a ticket so he could join us at this past Sunday’s sold out party. I bought it while visiting MK earlier in the week, so not day of. They were very nice about it.
Thank you. Yes, normally Disney will do their best to allow guests to add a ticket to a group that already has purchased tickets, even when a party is sold out. So thankful they do this as we all know people's plans can change.

Glad your DS was able to join you at the party!

I know it’s been reported that lines are long to get into the party for 4pm. How long are they if you go a little later like 4:30/5?

Definitely not the only one. The first party I went to, I did the trick-or-treating. Then I realized I wasted like 2 hours of the party getting mostly M&Ms (which I don't like). Haven't gotten any candy at a party since.

Definitely not the only one. The first party I went to, I did the trick-or-treating. Then I realized I wasted like 2 hours of the party getting mostly M&Ms (which I don't like). Haven't gotten any candy at a party since.
2 hours?! Wow. We never waited more than…seconds, I’d guess. Literal walk-throughs for most of the party.

I was at the party last night and got a ton of candy. Each station gave huge us scoops. We only did treat trails if we happened to pass them on the way to something. Our first trail was at 9:00 and there was never a line anywhere. In fact, we got so much candy, we ended up dumping our candy into ziplocs I had brought and filled up our bags a second time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter