"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

For those who asked about candy…Made my kids inventory their candy haul today. We did about 10 passes of treat trails with 4 people, came home with 310 pieces of candy (ate about 5 at the park and on the way home). Distribution can be gleaned from photo.

Attachments

• IMG_9149.jpeg
    IMG_9149.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 60
We plan on going to MK the day we have our party tickets. We're going to try to get a Tron VQ for the daytime. If we get a VQ and we're unable to use it can we still get a VQ for the party? We plan on leaving MK sometime around lunch time.

Wouldn’t you have to use a daytime Tron VQ before 6 pm since the park closes at that time?

I’d like to know for sure if we could cancel or the system automatically cancels the am VQ in the case above (mid day break is a must with young kids).

At 6:05PM, 7DMT was posted as 55m and we made it on in about 40.

We counted about 3-4 seconds after 6pm before hitting “join a boarding group” and got a BG that didn’t get called until after 10:45.

Didn’t do HM.
How long did it take to finish Tron at 10:45? We want to watch the second parade (line up for a meet and greet during first) and will have to Rider Switch (2 kids are not tall enough to ride).

How long did it take to finish Tron at 10:45? We want to watch the second parade (line up for a meet and greet during first) and will have to Rider Switch (2 kids are not tall enough to ride).
We were BG 184, started walking towards Tron when they called 183 at 10:50, entered the line by 10:55, and we boarded the light cycle at 11:28. I think you’d need to start earlier if you were also doing rider switch?

We went from Tron to the exit with one brisk stop at the Monster’s Inc treat trail, when we reached the entry plaza, (around 11:40?) the parade was maybe 1/2 way over.

We were BG 184, started walking towards Tron when they called 183 at 10:50, entered the line by 10:55, and we boarded the light cycle at 11:28. I think you’d need to start earlier if you were also doing rider switch?

We went from Tron to the exit with one brisk stop at the Monster’s Inc treat trail, when we reached the entry plaza, (around 11:40?) the parade was maybe 1/2 way over.
Thanks! This is very helpful. I’ll keep that timing in mind and decide that day whether to do the first or second parade based on which BG we get.

The parade is a must do for us (kids are horse fans and we spend an afternoon or two at Fort Wilderness).

Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it - what attractions are NOT open during the party? I’m thinking the railroad, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress…am I missing any? Tiki Room? Trying to make a tentative plan and figure out what we should prioritize during that 4-6ish time period.

Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it - what attractions are NOT open during the party? I’m thinking the railroad, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress…am I missing any? Tiki Room? Trying to make a tentative plan and figure out what we should prioritize during that 4-6ish time period.
Philharmagic and country bears are two others.

I went to the September first party and here are some notes that I took along the way.
  • At 10:30 am there were lighting lanes available for Tron to go on at 3:45 pm, I didn't have a day ticket so technically speaking you could buy that and make it on time for your LL.
  • They started scanning people in for the party at 3:57 pm.
  • I got a VQ for tron and my group was called back at 8:00 pm. I scanned into the attraction at 8:05 and got in the seat at 8:46 pm.
  • The 9:15 pm parade doesn't get to the castle until 9:37 pm and finishes at 9:41 pm (15 min)
  • At 10:33 pm Haunted Mansion had a 35 min posted wait time but it actually was a 10 min wait time.
My thoughts about the party as a first timer, I really think it was a fun way to spend the evening and experience a different atmosphere at MK. I enjoy the low wait times, the entertainment and trick or treating.

Do I think is worth it? It depends the price you pay and how many times you have been to MK. If this is your first or second time I don't think the party is good for you, you are probably gonna have fun anyway but isn't the quintessential Magic Kingdom experience and you don't have as much time like in a regular day. Also, I don't think you should pay more for this party that you would pay for a regular park ticket, when the cost for this party is more than a park ticket it stops being worth it for me.

The railroad, Hall of presidents, Carrousel of Progress, Tiki Room, The Country Bear Jamboree, Echanted tales with belle

The LL entry point is also the way that people using the DAS program enter the que. Party wait times are usually low, but some might be long enough that some people would enter using their DAS pass.
Exactly & ridiculous to me that ppl waste their time being concerned about why other ppl are accessing it.

I’m getting super tempted to buy another MNSSHP ticket for our trip. But I had planned a normal MK day on the party day I’m considering. I think a MK party day and two MK party nights would be too much?

Does anyone have any experience with SeaWorld’s Howl O Scream? Considering that instead of a second party… not sure. 😭

I’m getting super tempted to buy another MNSSHP ticket for our trip. But I had planned a normal MK day on the party day I’m considering. I think a MK party day and two MK party nights would be too much?

Does anyone have any experience with SeaWorld’s Howl O Scream? Considering that instead of a second party… not sure. 😭
There is a thread on HOS if you scroll down to the Universal and Sea World boards

I don’t know when you’re going but I would just add that as of Monday it was BRUTALLY hot mid-day—so a full day at the park is going to be pretty draining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter