"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Anyone have a touring schedule/party itinerary they’d be willing to share?
I’m feeling a bit lost on how to organize our party. I think we want to do fireworks, hocus pocus, parade, cadaver dans, haunted mansion, pirates, tron, 7 dwarfs photo op as our top priorities. I’m not even sure if that will be possible. We are a group of four 20-30s.
Pg 1 has pics of the party map. It's not too far down on the page. It lists the times of the shows and parades.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...cary-halloween-party-lets-get-spooky.3914237/

Anyone have a touring schedule/party itinerary they’d be willing to share?
I’m feeling a bit lost on how to organize our party. I think we want to do fireworks, hocus pocus, parade, cadaver dans, haunted mansion, pirates, tron, 7 dwarfs photo op as our top priorities. I’m not even sure if that will be possible. We are a group of four 20-30s.
I would recommend getting in the Dwarfs line at 4pm as soon as you get to the park - they will come out early and you can get that knocked out most likely before the party starts. At 6pm grab your TRON VQ, then hear over to pirates and see the Cadaver Dans after you finish the Dwarfs. From there you can work in the Show, parade and fireworks and get your Tron taken care of and still get HM and some candy stops

We are a family of 7 (but 6 currently coming on the trip)-have been the WDW several times (though our younger three kids haven't been since pre-covid so likely don't remember much). We have been to DL since Genie+ but not WDW-so am wondering can we/should we buy it for the party night? Also, have never done the virtual cues before-somehow have escaped them to date-what is the strategy for TRON for the party night? I read in this thread that the virtual cue will open at 6 pm for the party night-am I likely to get a spot or is it pretty tough-wondering how fast I need to be! There is always something new to learn! I did read all the front pages of this thread but didn't see the Genie question so apologies if I missed it.

We are a family of 7 (but 6 currently coming on the trip)-have been the WDW several times (though our younger three kids haven't been since pre-covid so likely don't remember much). We have been to DL since Genie+ but not WDW-so am wondering can we/should we buy it for the party night? Also, have never done the virtual cues before-somehow have escaped them to date-what is the strategy for TRON for the party night? I read in this thread that the virtual cue will open at 6 pm for the party night-am I likely to get a spot or is it pretty tough-wondering how fast I need to be! There is always something new to learn! I did read all the front pages of this thread but didn't see the Genie question so apologies if I missed it.
You can not buy genie+ with just a party ticket. I've seen reports that you are able to buy Individual Lightning Lanes for the 4-6pm timeslot with a party ticket but YMMV.
VQ for Tron will go fast (within seconds of 6pm), plenty of people tried to get it on their party night but missed out. Be prepared that could go either way.

It appears that September 10th may be the next date to sell out, it's teetering between available and sold out right now. Unless it pulls an October 5 which did the same for a few hours but has since come back consistently as available (as of this writing!)
September 22 is the next date to be marked 'Sold Out'!

What is the wiggle room when you buy an ILL for Tron? I’m going to try to buy one for sometime between 5-6 but we have an ADR around that time as well. How far past your return time can you show up?

What is the wiggle room when you buy an ILL for Tron? I’m going to try to buy one for sometime between 5-6 but we have an ADR around that time as well. How far past your return time can you show up?
Technically, there is no wiggle room for the ILL$ because you’ve chosen the time that, presumably, worked the best for you as opposed to the VQ, which could easily conflict with plans since you have no idea what position you’ll get or when it will be called. However, if you take your dining receipt and say that dinner took longer than planned, they *should* allow you to ride. I’ve heard reports that they aren’t enforcing VQ times during the party, so I would think you would have more leeway with the ILL$, as well.

We have not had any reports of guests who have actually tried to arrive later than their ILL$ time as they choose the time so generally choose a time that works for their schedule and also, most are not willing to risk losing the cost of the ILL$.

You may be fine if you explain you were at an ADR but also, the CM is not obligated to accommodate late arrivals as Tron return times are all being strictly enforced. Personally, if I had an ADR booked I would choose a time that I can ensure will not conflict with the ADR.

Technically, there is no wiggle room for the ILL$ because you’ve chosen the time that, presumably, worked the best for you as opposed to the VQ, which could easily conflict with plans since you have no idea what position you’ll get or when it will be called. However, if you take your dining receipt and say that dinner took longer than planned, they *should* allow you to ride. I’ve heard reports that they aren’t enforcing VQ times during the party, so I would think you would have more leeway with the ILL$, as well.
Hoping to get a ILL as close to 6 as possible and ride after our dinner. Will take our receipt and see what happens.

Can someone tell me if Genie + is offered during the Halloween party? Or are the wait times short enough that it isn't necessary?

Can someone tell me if Genie + is offered during the Halloween party? Or are the wait times short enough that it isn't necessary?
There is no G+ during the party. There is DAS access, though. Wait lines are pretty short, especially the later it gets or during Halloween entertainment.

We have not had any reports of guests who have actually tried to arrive later than their ILL$ time as they choose the time so generally choose a time that works for their schedule and also, most are not willing to risk losing the cost of the ILL$.

You may be fine if you explain you were at an ADR but also, the CM is not obligated to accommodate late arrivals as Tron return times are all being strictly enforced. Personally, if I had an ADR booked I would choose a time that I can ensure will not conflict with the ADR.
One other thing to be careful of here—if you’re also doing VQ, and you miss your ILL, it’s possible your VQ could scan and be used and then you’ll need to try to explain the situation to the cast member. Be sure to take screenshots of both your ILL return and your VQ, just in case.

Historically- it wasn’t so much of a ‘change’ as the would refund you for the old tickets (could take up to 10 days to refund back to the original method of payment) and sell you new tickets…of course, no guarantee that’s how they’ll do it this year..

I had to change dates last year and it was a straight change. No waiting for a refund and repurchasing. My new dates were $10 less and I did not get a refund (did not expect one either, but just mentioning for others).

One other thing to be careful of here—if you’re also doing VQ, and you miss your ILL, it’s possible your VQ could scan and be used and then you’ll need to try to explain the situation to the cast member. Be sure to take screenshots of both your ILL return and your VQ, just in case.
Thanks for the heads up, will do. I’m wanting to purchase an ILL since I’m hearing reports of partygoers not being able to get a Tron VQ. So I will purchase an ILL to make sure we ride than evening. I will try for VQ as well.

What are the crowds like for the Fireworks? What's a good time to get there to get a decent location? TIA

Quick question

What happens if we have a rainy evening the night of the party? Does everything still go on as planned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter