"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

We did two parties this week. I think Friday was better than Tuesday

We did get TRON both times. Groups 149 on Tuesday and 146 on Friday. Called around 645-7pm both days. Entirely walked through the queue.

My favorite photopass photo ended up being the 20,000 leagues under the sea in Adventureland. The set up of these cut out things didn’t look very impressive but the photos are awesome. I’m sorry that we didn’t get more of them

The garden dessert parties were very empty and we had a great view. Recommend especially with those in wheelchairs or scooters

But in comparison with a park day in the first half of November is what I’m hoping to figure out …

I am camping at the Fort November 1 to the 17th, so Nov 1 can’t be an actual park day, but it could be a park evening.

I’ve got four old, no expiry park hopper days to use, and I’ll take in MVMCP and the Epcot afterparty for wine & dine Half Marathon.

I’d like an extra day for the Magic Kingdom & would love to see the Halloween theme, and I’m wondering if maybe I could justify crowds vs cost! (I’ve been to mnsshp 5x since 2008).
Go back in this thread to 8/11 when the first party was, you’ll see various reports in the following pages with people’s crowd experiences. Expect the same for all parties.

Nope, read thru those pages…. it doesn’t seem that anyone mentions (between p42-this page) how a party the day after Halloween compares with a normal full hours MK park day in first half of Nov! dang! Oh well!

Nope, read thru those pages…. it doesn’t seem that anyone mentions (between p42-this page) how a party the day after Halloween compares with a normal full hours MK park day in first half of Nov! dang! Oh well!
Maybe bc they’re not mind readers and it hasn’t happened yet.

You can, however, read how the party crowds have been so far this year and think about how you feel a typical November day might be.

hmm… not sure if you mean to be, but that came off snarky….. I don’t expect the future to be known, I hope most would realize I was asking about past experience.

Question for those who have been - I read on another group that rides don’t operate between 6-7, is this actually true?? I know the wait times don’t show up on the app for that hour but I didn’t think anything actually shut down during that time.

Question for those who have been - I read on another group that rides don’t operate between 6-7, is this actually true?? I know the wait times don’t show up on the app for that hour but I didn’t think anything actually shut down during that time.
What you read was incorrect. Rides do not stop between 6PM and 7PM. They continue to run although you are correct, wait times for that hour do not appear in MDE.

Not sure if you have ridden Space Mountain but I will say personally, I didn't notice a huge difference between the normal dark and party dark. If your little one is new to WDW, you may wish to look into attractions that are not open during the party and do those between 4 and 6.

Honestly not sure this has ever been asked before but I would anticipate costumes are not permitted before 4PM when the gates open to party guests.

You can call and request a change. I believe if there's availability it happens but will all depend on availability.
Historically- it wasn’t so much of a ‘change’ as the would refund you for the old tickets (could take up to 10 days to refund back to the original method of payment) and sell you new tickets…of course, no guarantee that’s how they’ll do it this year..

We did two parties this week. I think Friday was better than Tuesday

We did get TRON both times. Groups 149 on Tuesday and 146 on Friday. Called around 645-7pm both days. Entirely walked through the queue.

My favorite photopass photo ended up being the 20,000 leagues under the sea in Adventureland. The set up of these cut out things didn’t look very impressive but the photos are awesome. I’m sorry that we didn’t get more of them

The garden dessert parties were very empty and we had a great view. Recommend especially with those in wheelchairs or scooters
Just curious, what made Friday better than Tuesday?

Anyone have a touring schedule/party itinerary they’d be willing to share?
I’m feeling a bit lost on how to organize our party. I think we want to do fireworks, hocus pocus, parade, cadaver dans, haunted mansion, pirates, tron, 7 dwarfs photo op as our top priorities. I’m not even sure if that will be possible. We are a group of four 20-30s.

Just curious, what made Friday better than Tuesday?
It seemed less crowded and entry was easier for me. Friday was significantly less hot than Tuesday, and that probably effected my perception. I expected Tuesday to be less crowded than the crowds I had been experiencing - but this was not the case. The Halloween parties were the largest crowds I experienced during my trip- Aug 11-19. Again, it may just seem more crowded because the crowd is less spaced out than during a regular park day. Anyway, I was prepared for the crowd on Friday, so it seemed better.

4-7 is the worst time. Someone mentioned this earlier-I agree. Make a plan for that time
period.

On Friday, my husband and I were just tired. At 8:00 we sat on the curb to the left as you exit tomorrowland into the castle hub. We saved spots for our 3 kids who were in what turned out to be a 50 minute wait for space mountain (they were running both sides but one was was strictly for special groups). We watched the Sanderson show from that spot, kids arrived just in time, then the kids held the spot while we went into the dessert party. We came back to spot after headless horseman passed but in time to see Max. It was an awesome spot.

After parade kids did Pirates, Big Thunder went to space but it was down, Haunted Mansion and had the sweet potato fries

Husband and I watched fireworks in the garden area, he left afterwards, I went into liberty square to get allergy candy for my son and then sat in front of HOP and watched parade again.

After we met up at mine train, less then 20 minute wait

We stopped at photopass on Main Street on way out and one photographer took 3 different magic shots and some regular photos.

I don’t think these parties were any less crowded than previous Halloween parties I e been to. Frankly the wait time at Space is unacceptable. For the amount t of people in that line, they should be running at full capacity

A note about allergy candy

On Tuesday we waited until after the 2nd parade and went to Liberty Square- they apologized. They were running out so they didn’t give much and suggested we go to the place at the front of the park, but we wanted to see the Sanderson show at 12 and that place closes at 12. The front of the park isn’t really a convenient location unless you plan to leave early. Somewhere near the hub would be nice.

My son is in college so it wasn’t a big deal, but for parents who are trying to keep
Things even between little kids, it might be hard with the allergy candy

Anyone have a touring schedule/party itinerary they’d be willing to share?
I’m feeling a bit lost on how to organize our party. I think we want to do fireworks, hocus pocus, parade, cadaver dans, haunted mansion, pirates, tron, 7 dwarfs photo op as our top priorities. I’m not even sure if that will be possible. We are a group of four 20-30s.
We don’t do character meets but like to do magic shots which can be time consuming. Biggest issue is to be flexible. Sometimes things take longer like grabbing food than you expected. A short weather delay can also muck up a schedule.

But here’s my start: I have list of times and KEEP LOOKING AT MY LIST because you get so excited you may forget😅

This is Aug and Sep party times.
HP 8:35
Headless horseman 10-15 mins prior 9p be ready
Boo 9:15
Fireworks 10:15
HP 10:45
HH 11:20ish
Boo 11:35
HP 12

We try to get pix while still light out when we arrive. We ride HM, Pirates, SM early. We will try to do BTMRR in the dark, same as 7DMT so later .

We stay at a mono resort and usully cl so we eat then head over at 6p. This year we at GF non cl for d23 event so will probably eat at GF then head over. We try to do all the 1st times for shows in case it rains later. We do some TorT but not too much.

Watch for weather. Change times as needed.

There is time for everything if you do t waste time in a long line. If it looks long swap one of your plans and try later. Waiting 50 mins for SM? No thx. I would leave if I saw line long that kind of thing.

If you get hot take a break. If you at a mono resort you can head back for a bit and return. Last year I ran back for desserts(cl) before 10p. It was my 2nd party and I watched fireworks from my balcony. That was a fun break. I went back and met dd and her friend and I watched 2nd boo myself they left party then.

You can also just ride the mono loop to sit and enjoy the evening or a boat ride to cool down or rest.

We struggle to stay 6p-12a you get tired.

Anybody want an adult beverage? CR is one mono stop away and there’s a bar on the 4th floor concourse. Grab a drink and mono or walk back. You could ask for to go cup and walk back. We usually walk to party with a drink in hand knowing you’ll be dry all night .

Hope that helps your planning. Best advice? Be flexible.

Searching for closing times for QS restaurants that are open during the party. Looking at the party map they only list a time for Pecos Bill. Thinking about grabbing a bite to eat or coffee near the end of the party. Has anyone that has attended a party this year comment on this? Thanks

At 6pm, the ride line closes for day guests. They can continue to get in line as late as 5:59.

I haven't been this year, but typically rides with Lightning Lane entrances will rope off the Standby entrance at 6 and allow party guests to enter the LL entrance with their wristbands. But, loading priority will be weighted in favor of the Standby line, since they want to get those day guests through and out. Eventually, once they go through the day guests, the Standby entrance will reopen and LL close for the rest of the party.

On rides w/o LL entrances, they just check wristbands starting at 6.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter