• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Child is 8. We have APs to UO - she is the youngest of the cousins so a lot of the trips are more focused on older kid stuff. We leave for UO tomorrow after taking off a year, and she wants to try Hagrid’s coaster this time, and maybe Velocicoaster by the end of the trip. But she also likes the kiddie type rides - ET, Minions, Hippogriff. She has never been super into character meets, although she’ll stop if a character is right there. I think she’ll like basically everything as MK will all be new to her, but trying to maximize our time there.

You need to have a plan for the 4-7 time period. Lay out all the options from the link I provided and find out what she wants to do.
As an example: Use the Railroad to get from MK to Frontierland or Fantasyland

Frontierland Options:
Shows: Country Bear Jamboree​
Ride: Big Thunder Mountain​
Watch: Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade​
Ride: Pirates of the Caribbean​
Fantasyland Options:
Shows: Enchanted Tales with Belle​
Meet: Ariel​
Ride: Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid​

If the line is too long for the train, move on to Plan B and focus on one area then move on. Zigzagging is exhausting and I've never recommended that.

Unfortunately no one here can tell you what lines are the lowest on any given day at MK, party or no party. Crowds are too hard to predict and the wait times listed in the app are not always accurate. It's a look see approach. Lastly, understanding what your options are now and not the day you arrive for the party is important.

First - thank you all for your contributions to this thread! I jumped on the 9/10 date last weekend, and am so glad I got tickets before it sold out!

I’m looking for advice on what to do between 4 and 7 with a kid who isn’t super into M&G, and hasn’t been to WDW. I was thinking I’d try to get on Space Mountain before it goes completely dark, but not sure if that would use up too much time. Thoughts on what might have reasonable waits before the party or would be crazy time-sucks once it starts? Is Enchanted Tales with Belle a good choice?

We plan to be there from 4 right up until they kick us out (may even do the jump into a long line right at close strategy, too).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

If Space Mountain is a must, I’d recommend before 7pm for a first timer. Unless the child isn’t into thrill rides.

We usually ate between 4 and 7. To us, eating a meal during party time was a waste of time because I’m a slow eater. Then rode whatever attractions had a short wait time.
I completely agree with eating during 4-7pm! Not only does it waste MNSSHP time, but regular food options are hard to find during the party. Snacks are quick and readily available, but sometimes you just want regular food. Regular MK favorites could be closed or swapped to only serving MNSSHP treats.

Last edited:
Has anyone had a dining conflict during MNSSHP with Tron BG. It will be next to impossible to get dining booked 4-6 pm on 10/31 (60+3). Wondering if 6-8 pm could work, although 8 pm is cutting it close for fireworks.

Can anyone who has already been (or is there tonight!) report on the wait times to meet Stitch? That’s the only must-do character greeting for my daughter, so I’m curious (we’ll do other shorter lines - I’m not here for the 90+ min waits! 😆)

Does anyone know if you can bring food and/or drinks into the line for the seven dwarfs? If I'm going to be waiting that long, it seems like a good opportunity to have a snack at the same time.
Yes you may. You need to be finished it close to the ride but you're good to take it in line with you.

Does anyone know if you can bring food and/or drinks into the line for the seven dwarfs? If I'm going to be waiting that long, it seems like a good opportunity to have a snack at the same time.
Unless it’s changed you can up until you enter the building.

Sorry for not being clear- I was asking about the meet and greet with the dwarfs, not the ride. But thanks for the responses, that's good to know too!

How long before the parade do you need to get a spot? We would prefer the second parade but I also want to plan for the first in case of bad weather.
I exited the Haunted Mansion around 11 pm and got a spot at the rope right across the street from the hardware storefront near Pecos Bill. A few people filled in the area after I got there but it wasn’t crowded at all. The horseman passed at 11:10.

Also watching my video back, Clarabelle is facing the side of the street that I was standing on, then she rotates clockwise to the front spot, then to the other side, as her float passes.

Can anyone who has already been (or is there tonight!) report on the wait times to meet Stitch? That’s the only must-do character greeting for my daughter, so I’m curious (we’ll do other shorter lines - I’m not here for the 90+ min waits! 😆)
When I got to Tomorrowland around 4:45, there were about 15 people in line there. A friend went back over at 7:30 and said that it took about 20 minutes, so hopefully not too bad!

My apologies if asked/answered already, but how crazy is the last party likely to be, given that it’s Nov 1, instead of Oct 31?

I expect it to be pretty busy as MNSSHP nights go, but when compared to park days, are we talking a nine or ten out of ten?

My apologies if asked/answered already, but how crazy is the last party likely to be, given that it’s Nov 1, instead of Oct 31?

I expect it to be pretty busy as MNSSHP nights go, but when compared to park days, are we talking a nine or ten out of ten?
Well, presumably all the parties have the same capacity/tickets sold, so not any different, most likely, since every party will probably sell out..

I realize we probably won’t know this for sure until the next party, but do Max’s Powerline pop ups happen consistently around the same area(s), or does it vary? Max is my son’s favorite character, so I will hear about it for ages if we miss him!
I just saw a video from today by Park Pass TV and Max stops in the hub and then near the Starbucks/Main st Cinema (previous MNSSHP he stopped near the confectionery), so it’s not consistent!

https://www.youtube.com/live/lleWmR-as2A?feature=share

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I don't recall seeing it. A friend plans on wearing a costume when we go to a party next month. We'll be at Epcot that morning but have park hopper tickets. What's the earliest time she can enter Magic Kingdom while wearing a costume? Is it 4pm when they start letting in people who only have party tickets? I know Disney is rightfully very strict about adults wearing costumes outside of MNSSHP and don't want her to arrive too early.
Such a good question. I go to wdw often. I know I have been on the Epcot/ttc mono and seen costumes midday. I always think “I would be so hot, how are they doing this so early?” So I know I’ve seen costumes. We usually stay mono resort so we head back from the park 12-2 to rest until evening.

I don’t think you’ll have an issue. IF you do just hop on the mono and visit one of the resorts to keep cool .

All parties will sell out so all are anticipated to be equally busy.

Odd, Disney updated AK hours this morning for the first week of Sept, but did not update MK to 8am on party days for that week?

But in comparison with a park day in the first half of November is what I’m hoping to figure out …

I am camping at the Fort November 1 to the 17th, so Nov 1 can’t be an actual park day, but it could be a park evening.

I’ve got four old, no expiry park hopper days to use, and I’ll take in MVMCP and the Epcot afterparty for wine & dine Half Marathon.

I’d like an extra day for the Magic Kingdom & would love to see the Halloween theme, and I’m wondering if maybe I could justify crowds vs cost! (I’ve been to mnsshp 5x evincing with 2008).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter