"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

How long before the parade do you need to get a spot? We would prefer the second parade but I also want to plan for the first in case of bad weather.

The party on 10/5 was listed as sold out (8/14) but now it is listed as available again does that mean that Disney made more tickets available? Not knowing how many tickets are available in the first place and being sold out to available does that mean REALLY crowded on that party night?

The party on 10/5 was listed as sold out (8/14) but now it is listed as available again does that mean that Disney made more tickets available? Not knowing how many tickets are available in the first place and being sold out to available does that mean REALLY crowded on that party night?
I don't believe so but also then can't explain why it was marked as sold out and then came back. 10/5 was only "Sold Out" for 2 hours and 15 minutes on August 14 before becoming available again. It hasn't been "Sold Out" since.

The only date to sell out since then is 9/10 and once it sold out it did not come back with any availability. And all the other dates that have been marked as "Sold Out" have not become available again either (at least since I started tracking on 8/12). I'll continue to post updates here though as any availability changes!

I don't believe so but also then can't explain why it was marked as sold out and then came back. 10/5 was only "Sold Out" for 2 hours and 15 minutes on August 14 before becoming available again. It hasn't been "Sold Out" since.

The only date to sell out since then is 9/10 and once it sold out it did not come back with any availability. And all the other dates that have been marked as "Sold Out" have not become available again either (at least since I started tracking on 8/12). I'll continue to post updates here though as any availability changes!
I noticed the same thing! I missed out on the 9/4 date and now hoping it pops up again as available. I know it's a long shot but I'll continue to watch will follow this thread also!

First - thank you all for your contributions to this thread! I jumped on the 9/10 date last weekend, and am so glad I got tickets before it sold out!

I’m looking for advice on what to do between 4 and 7 with a kid who isn’t super into M&G, and hasn’t been to WDW. I was thinking I’d try to get on Space Mountain before it goes completely dark, but not sure if that would use up too much time. Thoughts on what might have reasonable waits before the party or would be crazy time-sucks once it starts? Is Enchanted Tales with Belle a good choice?

We plan to be there from 4 right up until they kick us out (may even do the jump into a long line right at close strategy, too).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I don't recall seeing it. A friend plans on wearing a costume when we go to a party next month. We'll be at Epcot that morning but have park hopper tickets. What's the earliest time she can enter Magic Kingdom while wearing a costume? Is it 4pm when they start letting in people who only have party tickets? I know Disney is rightfully very strict about adults wearing costumes outside of MNSSHP and don't want her to arrive too early.

The party on 10/5 was listed as sold out (8/14) but now it is listed as available again does that mean that Disney made more tickets available?
Not necessarily, many of us change our plans and are able to switch from one party date to another provided it isn't sold out. There's also cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. passing of a loved one, illness or weather. Think of large groups as well, family reunions being cancelled.

Not necessarily, many of us change our plans and are able to switch from one party date to another provided it isn't sold out. There's also cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. passing of a loved one, illness or weather. Think of large groups as well, family reunions being cancelled.

You can change your date if you call and an additional date isn't sold out?

First - thank you all for your contributions to this thread! I jumped on the 9/10 date last weekend, and am so glad I got tickets before it sold out!

I’m looking for advice on what to do between 4 and 7 with a kid who isn’t super into M&G, and hasn’t been to WDW. I was thinking I’d try to get on Space Mountain before it goes completely dark, but not sure if that would use up too much time. Thoughts on what might have reasonable waits before the party or would be crazy time-sucks once it starts? Is Enchanted Tales with Belle a good choice?

We plan to be there from 4 right up until they kick us out (may even do the jump into a long line right at close strategy, too).

Not sure if you have ridden Space Mountain but I will say personally, I didn't notice a huge difference between the normal dark and party dark. If your little one is new to WDW, you may wish to look into attractions that are not open during the party and do those between 4 and 6.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I don't recall seeing it. A friend plans on wearing a costume when we go to a party next month. We'll be at Epcot that morning but have park hopper tickets. What's the earliest time she can enter Magic Kingdom while wearing a costume? Is it 4pm when they start letting in people who only have party tickets? I know Disney is rightfully very strict about adults wearing costumes outside of MNSSHP and don't want her to arrive too early.
Honestly not sure this has ever been asked before but I would anticipate costumes are not permitted before 4PM when the gates open to party guests.

You can change your date if you call and an additional date isn't sold out?
You can call and request a change. I believe if there's availability it happens but will all depend on availability.

If Space Mountain is a must, I’d recommend before 7pm for a first timer. Unless the child isn’t into thrill rides.

We usually ate between 4 and 7. To us, eating a meal during party time was a waste of time because I’m a slow eater. Then rode whatever attractions had a short wait time.

There is the Adventure Friends cavalcade on the parade route at 5:10 which she might enjoy.
Haunted Mansion could be good to knock off before 7pm, because lines for that one get longer during the party. Space Mountain is a good idea as well.
There are some rides which will close during party hours, so if you'd like to see Tiki Room, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress, or Mickey's Philharmagic, you'll want to do those early in the night.
Hop on the app between 4-6 today and peek at wait times. During Tuesday's party, a lot of the rides had very low waits, outside of what I mentioned above I'd just jump on whatever is low...and then later in the evening (post fireworks), you'll find almost everything to be a low wait, so if it's too long early in the night I'd try to save it for later.

Hope that helps a bit!

I’m looking for advice on what to do between 4 and 7 with a kid who isn’t super into M&G, and hasn’t been to WDW.
Excellent advice from @kdka421
I recommend you click here (WDW Magic Kingdom link)
You'll be able to see what is closed during party nights and at what time.
Note, you'll need to get in line 15-20 minutes prior to closing time, Tiki Room & Liberty Square River boat come to mind.

It would also be helpful if you included the age of the kid.

If Space Mountain is a must, I’d recommend before 7pm for a first timer. Unless the child isn’t into thrill rides.

We usually ate between 4 and 7. To us, eating a meal during party time was a waste of time because I’m a slow eater. Then rode whatever attractions had a short wait time.
Are restaurants open between 6 and 7pm with the "normal" menus? Thanks for the help!

I’ve been refreshing all day to see if any availability popped up for this evenings party. I’ve heard you can sometimes get tickets on day of but I’d hate to drive over there and get my daughter’s hopes up.

Excellent advice from @kdka421
I recommend you click here (WDW Magic Kingdom link)
You'll be able to see what is closed during party nights and at what time.
Note, you'll need to get in line 15-20 minutes prior to closing time, Tiki Room & Liberty Square River boat come to mind.

It would also be helpful if you included the age of the kid.
Child is 8. We have APs to UO - she is the youngest of the cousins so a lot of the trips are more focused on older kid stuff. We leave for UO tomorrow after taking off a year, and she wants to try Hagrid’s coaster this time, and maybe Velocicoaster by the end of the trip. But she also likes the kiddie type rides - ET, Minions, Hippogriff. She has never been super into character meets, although she’ll stop if a character is right there. I think she’ll like basically everything as MK will all be new to her, but trying to maximize our time there.

There is the Adventure Friends cavalcade on the parade route at 5:10 which she might enjoy.
Haunted Mansion could be good to knock off before 7pm, because lines for that one get longer during the party. Space Mountain is a good idea as well.
There are some rides which will close during party hours, so if you'd like to see Tiki Room, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress, or Mickey's Philharmagic, you'll want to do those early in the night.
Hop on the app between 4-6 today and peek at wait times. During Tuesday's party, a lot of the rides had very low waits, outside of what I mentioned above I'd just jump on whatever is low...and then later in the evening (post fireworks), you'll find almost everything to be a low wait, so if it's too long early in the night I'd try to save it for later.

Hope that helps a bit!
Monster’s Inc is open during party; although it’s a TOT location the show is still going on as you walk thru to get candy. Also the Philharmonic has shown the Headless Horseman or some cartoons as you walk thru to get candy so people can take a break and sit down in the air conditioned theater and watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter