• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Really? I found ‘19 suffocating crowd wise and ‘22 to be like half as many people despite the fact it went sold out a few weeks before arrival. I was so upset after ‘19 actually that I only returned because a friend wanted to go in ‘22. Had such a good time last year I’m trying again this year!
I simply said I was able to buy day of tickets, It was crowded as a mentioned in the second part, each year had been more crowded from the time I started going.

In 2019 I bought day of tickets for MNSSHP. I don’t remember if it was sold out or not. I don’t think it was. We have gone every year since 2014, I love this party!
It has become more crowded every year since I started going! We will e there on 9/4/23. Yay 😁
I‘m also going on 9/4 and I just saw that night is sold out...I’ve gone last several years on Labor Day night and it has seemed less crowded than other party nights...but considering it’s already sold out I’ve got my fingers 🤞that it won’t be crazy. I’ve also got reservation for dessert party that night that I’m considering canceling. MNSSHP definitely become more popular.

Looking to Shop The Halloween Party Merchandise - does anyone know if they only start Sales at 7pm when Party starts or if you can shop it at 4pm when you can gain entry? Thanks in advance for your input

First check the online ticket vendors. We had a report of someone who snagged a ticket after Disney had it sold out that way but they go fast.
Can you link? I’ve read this whole thread and only read someone saying they saw availability. But if they were to try to checkout, they’d get an error message as those web sites use the same pool of tickets from Disney’s ticketing backend. I did see someone post they did this at some point but did not state it was this year. When it’s sold out by Disney, it’s sold out except for these in person tickets.

2. I wonder why some extra inventory gets released in the "wee hours of the morning"
My guess is payment processing fails or orders cancelled for other reasons so likely a few tickets are released. Ever just miss out online shopping in a hot deal? C pop heck back the next morning!

I am attending the October 1st party.

Hoping that as more parties happen, there is feedback on how long the lines at guest services are around 4pm when party guests begin to enter. My only goal during the 4-6pm time period is to pick up the whoopie pie at Liberty Square Market and ride the WDW Railroad (I have never ridden it). However, both close at 5pm and I need a captioning device from guest services to understand the voiceover on the railroad. I've had some long waits at guest services, so am concerned there won't be enough time for me to pick up a device and do both. I'm sure I'll have to make a decision when I enter depending on what the guest service line looks like, but I try to prepare myself for the disappointment as much as possible. So, if anyone who is attending an earlier party happens to notice, I would appreciate it.

Looking to Shop The Halloween Party Merchandise - does anyone know if they only start Sales at 7pm when Party starts or if you can shop it at 4pm when you can gain entry? Thanks in advance for your input
You can buy merch, you just have to have your wristband which you can get at 4pm. Most people line up for popular items early as well as characters.

Maybe a silly question, but does anyone know/or seen reports of which of the trick or treat locations contain multiple trick or treating stops? For example I saw in one of the vlogs that the Tron trick or treating trail actually has 3 candy stations, and I believe I saw 2 at Monsters Inc laugh floor, one on the way in and one on the way out.
Just thinking it would be handy to know if we need to only pick a few if we're running short on time!

Do they put the wrist bands on kids under 3 or just those who need to have tickets?
I'm not sure about this year, but my nephew has gotten a wristband before. I'm assuming that it was so they knew he was supposed to be there when cast members looked for wristbands.

I didn't notice on the app, no. But they had a plethora of the Blue Umbrellas out and I did get a return time of 6:30 (from 6pm) for the Haunted Mansion so I know you can get DAS return times during that hour. If it's gone from the app, just look for the blue umbrellas. :)

There were no CMs stationed at blue umbrellas after regular park close at the AHs we attended in June (2 different events in 2 different parks) so I figured that might be SOP. Glad to hear your MNSSHP experience was different.

Can you link? I’ve read this whole thread and only read someone saying they saw availability. But if they were to try to checkout, they’d get an error message as those web sites use the same pool of tickets from Disney’s ticketing backend. I did see someone post they did this at some point but did not state it was this year. When it’s sold out by Disney, it’s sold out except for these in person tickets.
I think it was me who mentioned seeing availability on a reseller.

The reseller I use is Klook, but this may not be at all relevant to someone living in the USA as I'm not sure if they market/sell to the USA. (I don't live in the USA, Klook is a widely used online tour company where I am, and I get payment discounts buying stuff with them due to Klook promotional tie ups with the banks/credit cards I use here).

I've been monitoring Klook availability for MNSSHP over the last few days (mainly as was thinking of perhaps trying to get a second MNSSHP party ticket - though they've now sold out of the other date I wanted).

The availability there does not mirror the availability on the WDW website - e.g. up until yesterday they still had availability for some adult and child tickets for some August dates (which sold out days ago on WDW) and in fact still have child (but not adult!) tickets for two of the August dates. They currently still show availability for 4 September which is sold out on the WDW site. Some of the September dates and October 31 are no longer available on Klook.

My experience with buying my MNSSHP ticket from Klook last week was that I paid online and they emailed me a voucher almost immediately, which I was able to use to immediately link my MNSSHP ticket to my MDE. But of note, my MNSSHP party date still has ticket availability.

Taking both of these together (availability different from WDW website, tickets being available immediately) I suspect that they probably have an allocation of tickets to resell that is different from being direct from WDW - though this is just a suspicion and I don't actually know the mechanics of how ticket resellers work!

Anyway, just posting about this in case this is at all helpful.

The availability there does not mirror the availability on the WDW website - e.g. up until yesterday they still had availability for some adult and child tickets for some August dates (which sold out days ago on WDW) and in fact still have child (but not adult!) tickets for two of the August dates. They currently still show availability for 4 September which is sold out on the WDW site. Some of the September dates and October 31 are no longer available on Klook.
yep - sites still show availability as seems manual or daily automated update but will fail when buying. I’ve tried over a dozen sites as was hoping and it’s the case. I even created a klook accoun my and shows Sep 4 availability like you say but when you click through it says sold out. just wanted to save people lots of time, there is no secret stash of tickets some resellers have.

yep - sites still show availability as seems manual or daily automated update but will fail when buying. I’ve tried over a dozen sites as was hoping and it’s the case. I even created a klook accoun my and shows Sep 4 availability like you say but when you click through it says sold out. just wanted to save people lots of time, there is no secret stash of tickets some resellers have.
Interesting, I just checked Klook and 4 September has literally just gone to "sold out" for adult tickets. It was showing still available when I checked when I posted 1.5 hours ago. I didn't click through at that point though so am not sure what would have happened there (maybe I should have tried adding it to my cart then).

Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up with tickets.

Just to try it out (and since I've been wanting to do a second MNSSHP party until the dates I wanted sold out elsewhere), I just tried purchasing a MNSSHP ticket for 15 September on KKday. My credit card has been charged for this purchase.

I figure I can't lose either way - if no ticket, they should be refunding so I shouldn't be out of pocket, if ticket is available then I get a MNSSHP ticket for a date I wanted to go for that is currently sold out elsewhere.

But I'm not too hopeful since the order status has been "processing" for a while now. Very different experience to buying my MNSSHP ticket from Klook where I got instant voucher confirmation right after my credit card was charged. The order says that booking progress will be replied within 1 working day so I'm guessing they probably take orders then contact the merchant at which point they will realise that 15 September is sold out...

Edit to add: the reason why I'm happy to try what might be a futile endeavour is because I've used KKday in the past for another (far more expensive) booking and their customer service was relatively decent with that booking. And I don't have any foreign exchange fees to deal with for them so any refunds should be straightforward. I hope!

Perhaps their site waits til someone gets as far as a sold out message from Disney before marking it themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter