"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

I just cancelled a reservation for 8 for the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party during the Halloween Party for the night of September 12th if anyone was looking for that night. We decided we didn’t want to give up 2 hours of party time.

The resort link seemed to just be for Halloween itself. Do you know if there are any other festive things happening during the season at the resorts? We are going in September.

Wow! This seems to contradict quite a bit of what's been posted in this thread.. (not saying anyone is wrong, maybe they're doing things a bit different this year than in years past). The parts that stood out to me were:

"Once special event party tickets are sold out the only way to get a ticket is if you visit the ticket window at Magic Kingdom Park sometime during the day to see if any more spots have opened up or if someone gifts one to you."

and

"The other thing you can do is check the website (after midnight or early in the morning) and/or call the New Ticket number daily to see if more spots have opened up. Usually, there are some last-minute opportunities. By the way, as of August 6, 2023, in the wee hours of the morning, I was able to see tickets available for August 29, 2023. [August 29 was the date the question poster asked about getting tickets for even though it was sold out]"

1. Could you imagine if someone gifted you a ticket?!
2. I wonder why some extra inventory gets released in the "wee hours of the morning"
One year my mom got sick the day of the party. My dad stayed at the hotel to take care of her. We gave away both tickets that night.

Sorry if this has been answered. We are only going to MK for the party in Oct. We plan on getting there at 4pm. Can I buy an ILL to be used 4pm to 6pm for Tron? If so can I buy it earlier in the day. We have 4 people arriving at 4 PM ,4 others will be there all day. 2 are coming from AK at 4PM. The 4 already there at MK will ride earlier in the day. All our tickets are liked. How much trouble is it to only pick part of our group? What time can I pick my group? If I am trying to get a VQ at 6pm scrolling through 15 people to pick out the 6 who want to ride during the party, I don't think I will be fast enough. Also we have a 3 year old who will not meet the height requirement/ Do I need to get her a VQ to do a rider swap?

Well, not sure if plandisney is 100% accurate but according to previous reports there have been signs posted for tickets available same day at the entrance (on a day that’s sold out). I suppose tickets can be changed to a later day and those tickets get released for purchase?

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...halloween-party-ticket-non-refundable-546926/

Also one person getting pixie dusted is different than an entire family (highly unlikely)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/odds-of-getting-walk-up-mnsshp-tickets.3927231/#post-64983746

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sold-out-mnsshp.3892882/

Last edited:
I just cancelled a reservation for 8 for the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party during the Halloween Party for the night of September 12th if anyone was looking for that night. We decided we didn’t want to give up 2 hours of party time.

Honestly I did too, I thought they were going to have treats from around the park during the dessert party. It would have been nice to pay a flat price and be able to try the party treats. I've heard kinda mixed things about the offerings this year but that's about it. I'm going two nights to the party, so while I could lose 2 hours, that feels like a lot of time for dessert.

I’m not sure I’m following. You had a daytime park ticket and still couldn’t purchase? I’ve always purchased from my resort at 7AM. Can you only do that if you’re staying on site?

Edit to add: would it be possible to buy a 3:20 ILL slot in the morning (with a party ticket) and then show up at 4 and just barely make it to the end of the 4pm return window?
I don’t think a party only ticket can purchase. But not 100% sure…. I’m hoping someone can chime in.
I could have bought the ILL. But nothing after 3:20 and I didn’t want to risk the money for a BG that I couldn’t physically get to in time (plus with the heat there was no way I could hurry!).

Honestly I did too, I thought they were going to have treats from around the park during the dessert party. It would have been nice to pay a flat price and be able to try the party treats. I've heard kinda mixed things about the offerings this year but that's about it. I'm going two nights to the party, so while I could lose 2 hours, that feels like a lot of time for dessert.

Thinking the same. We are doing 2 parties as well so I figured we could afford the time commitment of the dessert party, but I am not feeling it. I made a late lunch Liberty Tree Tavern ADR as the back up because, without SOME mobile ordering, we are aren‘t too interested in the long lines for party food either.

In 2019 I bought day of tickets for MNSSHP. I don’t remember if it was sold out or not. I don’t think it was. We have gone every year since 2014, I love this party!
It has become more crowded every year since I started going! We will e there on 9/4/23. Yay 😁

So since many of the bloggers had that pre-party before the party and were invited to the party and didnt pay for tickets, do you think Friday's party may have been more crowded than a normal sold out party?

So since many of the bloggers had that pre-party before the party and were invited to the party and didnt pay for tickets, do you think Friday's party may have been more crowded than a normal sold out party?
No, I think it may have been less crowded because they want the bloggers to show the party at its very best, and have positive reports from the first few parties encourage more people to buy for the rest of the parties.

Thank you, I figured as much. We have done the regular fireworks dessert party lots of times, but was hoping for more unique MNSSHP stuff at the dessert party rather than the regular fireworks party treats. From what I can ascertain, there won’t be much difference between what is served at the 2 types of dessert parties. But, no, outside the dessert party, none of them would be available at MNSSHP.

Also, thanks for the DAS info. Did you happen to notice if the DAS tile disappeared between 6 and 7, i.e., between park closing and MNSSHP official start? We ran into this at an After Hours this summer, so just trying to prepare.
I didn't notice on the app, no. But they had a plethora of the Blue Umbrellas out and I did get a return time of 6:30 (from 6pm) for the Haunted Mansion so I know you can get DAS return times during that hour. If it's gone from the app, just look for the blue umbrellas. :)

In 2019 I bought day of tickets for MNSSHP. I don’t remember if it was sold out or not. I don’t think it was. We have gone every year since 2014, I love this party!
It has become more crowded every year since I started going! We will e there on 9/4/23. Yay 😁
Really? I found ‘19 suffocating crowd wise and ‘22 to be like half as many people despite the fact it went sold out a few weeks before arrival. I was so upset after ‘19 actually that I only returned because a friend wanted to go in ‘22. Had such a good time last year I’m trying again this year!

I went to the opening party in 2019 and I was absolutely shocked by how many more people were in it compared to 2013. I've heard the crowds are way better, I would argue the crowds in 2019 were hazardous since there were times I couldn't even walk past certain sections during parades. Like there were so many people that there was no way through sections, I had to take weird routes to maneuver around people.

I went to the opening party in 2019 and I was absolutely shocked by how many more people were in it compared to 2013. I've heard the crowds are way better, I would argue the crowds in 2019 were hazardous since there were times I couldn't even walk past certain sections during parades. Like there were so many people that there was no way through sections, I had to take weird routes to maneuver around people.
This part reminds me of the 2018 party, only it wasn't during or after parades or fireworks, there were just random crushes of crowds moving through. At one point we got stuck going against the flow, it was so bad we were pushed up against the rail along the side of the path not being able to move and my mom started having a panic attack. I've never seen crowds like that before, definitely was not safe by any means.

We almost skipped the 2019 party after that, it was so horrible. We still went, but decided to spend a good chunk of the party at the dessert party to avoid the crowds. Glad that they seem to be selling less tickets these days, I hope they never bump up to the levels in 2018/2019 again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter