"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

How long does CRT/BOG take during the party? We’re going 10/31 (60+3) and it’s a birthday dinner. We usually book Ohana around 4 pm so we eat before the party starts but that will be tough to get as well.

Also we have a mermaid fan who would love to meet Eric/Ariel. Does anyone know how long the line is to meet them

I realize we probably won’t know this for sure until the next party, but do Max’s Powerline pop ups happen consistently around the same area(s), or does it vary? Max is my son’s favorite character, so I will hear about it for ages if we miss him!
It seems to vary but is on Main Street. Kyle points out where it usually happens (24 mins into the video above).

So I messed up and it turns out neither my husband or myself purchased tickets to the party for the weekend we will be flying down to Disney in September.... since the point of our trip was to attend the party for the 1st time we are just going to cancel. But I wanted to ask here first, does Disney sell some day of tickets to the party or is it worth calling guest services?

I know, how did I not buy them in advance with a hotel reservation? I thought my husband go them, he thought I did. A classic miscommunication... Any feedback/help would be great, as I don't mind cancelling since we have refundable options but I was really looking forward to going. Thank you!
When I was there 2 years ago in September on labor day, I had heard they were selling 'day of' tickets that morning at guest services in the Magic Kingdom. It was technically a sold-out day.

And then I recall being there near rope drop on the day of the next party, that Friday. And saw a little sign by guest services that said ' limited party tix available for today' or something of the sort. Which I believe was also sold-out but not sure.

So who knows, but probably worth going to Magic Kingdom first thing that morning and checking?

When I was there 2 years ago in September on labor day, I had heard they were selling 'day of' tickets that morning at guest services in the Magic Kingdom. It was technically a sold-out day.

And then I recall being there near rope drop on the day of the next party, that Friday. And saw a little sign by guest services that said ' limited party tix available for today' or something of the sort. Which I believe was also sold-out but not sure.

So who knows, but probably worth going to Magic Kingdom first thing that morning and checking?
Two years ago, WDW had the Boo Bash, not MNSSHP, and lots of people were disappointed it wasn’t the “real” thing. There was also the uncertainty of the travel path of Hurricane Ida in the days leading up to Labor Day travel, which could have had a small impact on cancellations and party ticket availability.

Last edited:

Are many of the sweets featured throughout the park or are they exclusive to the party?

Do you mean exclusive to the dessert party? That is my question too. I am hoping for some special treats. Most of the food being served for purchase at kiosks and QS during MNSSHP are exclusive to MNSSHP, but very doubtful those particular items would be available at the dessert party.

I'm not going to write an entire report on the 1st party we went to on 8-11-23 (so many bloggers have covered it) but I did want to let anyone using DAS to know this was the best time we have gone to an After Hours or special event and had absolutely zero issues using DAS during the party. We only used it twice, for Haunted Mansion and 7 Dwarfs (both had 30+ minutes posted when we got return times) but this time it was all running so smooth. I think I maybe read you can get return times for characters too but don't quote me on that one. My son is 9 and over characters now. I did hear some grumblings when we did use the DAS for those two rides but it was from fellow riders and not cast members. I truly wish I could let those people walk a mile in our shoes. I would gladly wait in any line for the rest of my life if my son didn't have autism and ADHD, people have no idea how lucky they are. I am grateful to Disney for making our park experience just a little bit easier by providing DAS.

So, if you need DAS for something during the Halloween party, it's running perfectly this year!

Do you mean exclusive to the dessert party? That is my question too. I am hoping for some special treats. Most of the food being served for purchase at kiosks and QS during MNSSHP are exclusive to MNSSHP, but very doubtful those particular items would be available at the dessert party.
They had at least a dozen special treats at the dessert party that I didn't see anywhere else in the park during the party. Cupcakes, tartes, cake pop, puddings... it was an overwhelmingly GOOD amount of sweets to choose from. If you like sweets, this is always worth the money.

Are many of the sweets featured throughout the park or are they exclusive to the party?

the dessert party offerings are always generic sweets with holiday flair - like a mini cupcake with halloween frosting, chocolate covered strawberries, mini cheesecakes with halloween sprinkles, etc. there's no "big name" items at dessert parties, since it's a buffet it's more quantity over quality.

the halloween treats you see all the vloggers reviewing, like candy corn shakes, zombie fingers, funnel cakes, etc, are party-exclusive paid offerings available at kiosks and quick service restaurants.

So I messed up and it turns out neither my husband or myself purchased tickets to the party for the weekend we will be flying down to Disney in September.... since the point of our trip was to attend the party for the 1st time we are just going to cancel. But I wanted to ask here first, does Disney sell some day of tickets to the party or is it worth calling guest services?

I know, how did I not buy them in advance with a hotel reservation? I thought my husband go them, he thought I did. A classic miscommunication... Any feedback/help would be great, as I don't mind cancelling since we have refundable options but I was really looking forward to going. Thank you!
There are some same day tickets. Resorts have trick or treating and special events as well.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/orlando-mnsshp-august-noticed-tickets-already-sold-546630/

Resorts:

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ation-resort-october-halloween-arrive-413318/

Anyone do the dessert party? How was it?
We’ve been to several enchantment dessert parties and since the crowds were crazy (fighting in the hub etc) they were worth it for us esp with a double stroller and 3 kids. They do take a huge chunk of time and don’t have anything savory that you could double as dinner. You do have 45 mins and can enter any time during those 45 mins. We usually enter the buffet last 15 mins and just grab a few drinks and dessert for the after party.

The roped off viewing area is still at the end of the hub near the plaza restaurant so projections will be hard to see (we would rather be closer to the castle).

Video from last years Halloween dessert party

Last edited:
I'm not going to write an entire report on the 1st party we went to on 8-11-23 (so many bloggers have covered it) but I did want to let anyone using DAS to know this was the best time we have gone to an After Hours or special event and had absolutely zero issues using DAS during the party. We only used it twice, for Haunted Mansion and 7 Dwarfs (both had 30+ minutes posted when we got return times) but this time it was all running so smooth. I think I maybe read you can get return times for characters too but don't quote me on that one. My son is 9 and over characters now. I did hear some grumblings when we did use the DAS for those two rides but it was from fellow riders and not cast members. I truly wish I could let those people walk a mile in our shoes. I would gladly wait in any line for the rest of my life if my son didn't have autism and ADHD, people have no idea how lucky they are. I am grateful to Disney for making our park experience just a little bit easier by providing DAS.

So, if you need DAS for something during the Halloween party, it's running perfectly this year!
Super useful to hear this, thanks! I’ll be using DAS when I go on 9/17

Question for those more experienced than myself with these things - if I go to MK on the day of the party (i.e. from the morning, with a separate park ticket) and get a Tron VQ during the day, can I get another Tron VQ ride during MNSSHP?

Question for those more experienced than myself with these things - if I go to MK on the day of the party (i.e. from the morning, with a separate park ticket) and get a Tron VQ during the day, can I get another Tron VQ ride during MNSSHP?
Yes. Since Mk closes at 6 pm there will be no conflicts

Does anyone happen to know if things at Philharmagic are the same during the party as they have been in other years (trick or treat stop with Halloween-y shorts playing)?

Instead of canceling can you shift to a date with an available party? I don't think they are all sold out.

Wow! This seems to contradict quite a bit of what's been posted in this thread.. (not saying anyone is wrong, maybe they're doing things a bit different this year than in years past). The parts that stood out to me were:

"Once special event party tickets are sold out the only way to get a ticket is if you visit the ticket window at Magic Kingdom Park sometime during the day to see if any more spots have opened up or if someone gifts one to you."

and

"The other thing you can do is check the website (after midnight or early in the morning) and/or call the New Ticket number daily to see if more spots have opened up. Usually, there are some last-minute opportunities. By the way, as of August 6, 2023, in the wee hours of the morning, I was able to see tickets available for August 29, 2023. [August 29 was the date the question poster asked about getting tickets for even though it was sold out]"

1. Could you imagine if someone gifted you a ticket?!
2. I wonder why some extra inventory gets released in the "wee hours of the morning"

They had at least a dozen special treats at the dessert party that I didn't see anywhere else in the park during the party. Cupcakes, tartes, cake pop, puddings... it was an overwhelmingly GOOD amount of sweets to choose from. If you like sweets, this is always worth the money.

Thank you, I figured as much. We have done the regular fireworks dessert party lots of times, but was hoping for more unique MNSSHP stuff at the dessert party rather than the regular fireworks party treats. From what I can ascertain, there won’t be much difference between what is served at the 2 types of dessert parties. But, no, outside the dessert party, none of them would be available at MNSSHP.

Also, thanks for the DAS info. Did you happen to notice if the DAS tile disappeared between 6 and 7, i.e., between park closing and MNSSHP official start? We ran into this at an After Hours this summer, so just trying to prepare.

Wow! This seems to contradict quite a bit of what's been posted in this thread.. (not saying anyone is wrong, maybe they're doing things a bit different this year than in years past). The parts that stood out to me were:

"Once special event party tickets are sold out the only way to get a ticket is if you visit the ticket window at Magic Kingdom Park sometime during the day to see if any more spots have opened up or if someone gifts one to you."

and

"The other thing you can do is check the website (after midnight or early in the morning) and/or call the New Ticket number daily to see if more spots have opened up. Usually, there are some last-minute opportunities. By the way, as of August 6, 2023, in the wee hours of the morning, I was able to see tickets available for August 29, 2023. [August 29 was the date the question poster asked about getting tickets for even though it was sold out]"

1. Could you imagine if someone gifted you a ticket?!
2. I wonder why some extra inventory gets released in the "wee hours of the morning"
Tbf, even though PlanDisney is an accredited Disney group, it isn’t known for having the most accurate info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter