• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Did anyone happen to try to get a last minute (day of) ticket? If so, details? We need one more ticket for my CM daughter that was able to trade shifts to attend with us, but now can't get a ticket 😭

Did anyone happen to try to get a last minute (day of) ticket? If so, details? We need one more ticket for my CM daughter that was able to trade shifts to attend with us, but now can't get a ticket 😭
I saw in another thread, someone shared that in the past there have been positive reports of being able to get a ticket for someone where the rest of their party already has tickets. YMMV but it seems they try to make it work in those circumstances.

Historically when adding to an existing party, you are eligible to purchase tickets day off, even to sold out parties. Reported in the past (not reported in 2023 so far) you may be eligible to add up to 50% of your party, on the day of your party.
I saw in another thread, someone shared that in the past there have been positive reports of being able to get a ticket for someone where the rest of their party already has tickets. YMMV but it seems they try to make it work in those circumstances.
Yes.

What time does the line start for the Seven Dwarfs? Do they let people queue up at 4:00?
I mentioned up thread but I got there at 4:20 and there were 15 ish people ahead at that point. Some groups came together so that number got bigger. I’m not sure how people got from the nearest wristband place to there that quick but it is what it is
Are there ride overlays this year? Any reports on the allergy candy situation would also be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Space when it was working was pretty good I found between the music and being all in the dark. You really didn’t know what to expect next. Glad I got a ride on it before it went down
For those mentioning the sold out night still looked doable/uncrowded…It’s a trap lol.

I’m not getting excited about possibility of lower crowds. IMO it was a fluke, due to the extreme temperature. No way would Disney leave money on the table via selling less tix to the event.

Tron May have pulled a small contingent of people off the street. Guess we’ll
Know for sure after a few more event reports

The live stream I watched was positioned for the first parade by the train station. They kept commenting on both the lower crowds & the extreme heat

believe they were locals; would think acclimated to the weather. :confused3It could’ve easily caused many to throw in the towel.

Appeared to be many adults heading out before the 1st parade. While there is a contingent of people (stroller brigade) that do leave earlier, haven’t observed a flood of people heading out en masse until after the FW
Oh it was definitely crowded. Doable but crowded.

I actually talked talked with some locals when I ducked inside Big Top while waiting for 7Ds to get some water. They were saying it was nothing like they were used to heat wise

I think it should be noted yesterday the heat index in the sun reached at min 121! I don’t know what the highest was. I just remember checking around 2 pm and seeing that

And it was bad from the morning. I got off the monorail around 9. And immediately knew it was going to be bad. I was going from shady spot to shady spot all day before sunset.

You have to remember even if locals are used to it. It still can be brutal. And yesterday was bad.
Live characters are out front and in the queue. Not on the actual attraction this year.

There are party overlays for Teacups, Space and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. That being said, my understanding is that Space was down the entire night. The vlog I followed rode the People Mover around 11PM and showed fully lit SM.
Yeah someone else said it but SM went down. I hopped on the Peoplemover to watch the fireworks. When we went through I saw a CM walking the track. Which says to me whatever caused it to go down wasn’t something quick. Not surprised to hear it stayed down.

We stayed there from 5:30-6:01.
Everyone we could see were trying for Tron and everyone surrounding us got it. We think the boarding groups started at 128? We were 159 (called at maybe 7:45ish?? I am so sorry I didn’t really pay attention to times!). People around us at Cosmic Rays got 140 and another group was 181.

I tried right at 6 and didn't get in a boarding group. This was my first time ever trying to get one and I assume I did something wrong but I don't know what. Or they really were all gone within 30 seconds

Historically when adding to an existing party, you are eligible to purchase tickets day off, even to sold out parties. Reported in the past (not reported in 2023 so far) you may be eligible to add up to 50% of your party, on the day of your party.

Yes.

Oof, I wish I had known that before I bought our CM kid a MNSSHP ticket! I was worried about a sell out but now we have to hope he can switch shifts.

What was the food situation during the party? If I want something non-halloween like a casey's hot dog or sleepy hollow's chicken waffle, could I get it?

Might be worth checking with (reputable) ticket resellers too. I noticed that the ticket reseller I use still has some tickets left for some of the parties that are sold out on the Disney website - I'm guessing they probably have a certain allocation of tickets they can sell...

I tried right at 6 and didn't get in a boarding group. This was my first time ever trying to get one and I assume I did something wrong but I don't know what. Or they really were all gone within 30 seconds
Several people have stated that they really were all gone within 30 seconds. I am a veteran of 6:55AM wakeups and VQs — sometimes they go within 10 seconds — so if you don’t click through each screen almost immediately you get shut out. I am surprised they are doing it that way at the Halloween party (and it’s going in less than a minute). Suggests to me they sold waaaaay more tickets than they used to and I’m already lowering our expectations for our party next month.

In watching some of the vlogs, I noticed the Pixar floats (except Vanellope) weren't in the parade last night. Any chance they'll add them back on future nights or do the parades typically stay the same for the entire season?

Ariel620, would love to see a pic of your crew!
Awe, sure! Our Toy Story gang, at the beginning of the party, then walking out at midnight, and when I found my first ever “celebrity” at the parks!

Attachments

• B7A4A0D1-9C01-4D37-8FB9-66EF80D5D02A.jpeg
    B7A4A0D1-9C01-4D37-8FB9-66EF80D5D02A.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 7F070AF0-170B-4394-859D-BFE7FD352C2A.jpeg
    7F070AF0-170B-4394-859D-BFE7FD352C2A.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 5512B901-239E-4737-B805-23D1A52A4CA3.jpeg
    5512B901-239E-4737-B805-23D1A52A4CA3.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 83
In watching some of the vlogs, I noticed the Pixar floats (except Vanellope) weren't in the parade last night. Any chance they'll add them back on future nights or do the parades typically stay the same for the entire season?
Incredibles/Toy Story was replaced by Ursula/Cruella/Queen of Hearts vignettes in the “good to be bad” segment before the skeleton band float… I noticed big bad wolf and hyenas were gone from good to be bad unit idk if other characters were as well

Other observations from livestream I saw last night

Opening float now a cavalcade style float with Sanderson! Minnie/Daisy/Clarabelle + mickey, Donald, Chip, & Dale vs gazebo with Mickey/minnie + Donald/daisy

Goofy replaced Clarabelle on the silo float in the hoedown segment in addition new costumes for the dance core

Ralph no longer in sugar rush unit

Anyone there last night stay late enough to know if places like Emporium are open later then the party end at 12? ....like open another hour past park close on normal nights?

What time does the actual trick or treating start, my grandsons are so excited to trick or treat in the Magic Kingdom.

Interestingly, it seems like the ticket reseller I use still has tickets for 15 September despite it being sold out on the WDW website. I'm guessing they probably have some allocation of tickets to resell or similar and still have tickets left...
Help! We dragged our feet picking our dates and now all our options are sold out 😭 UCT still has one of our dates showing as available but when I click 'place order' I get the dreaded 'this date is no longer available, please select another date'. Is there any other reseller we can check??

Wow, every year it seems so many party dates are selling out earlier and earlier 🤯

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter