• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Yikes on the sold outs.

I usually go in late October (not Halloween but usually close to) so I'm not worried about crowds but I'm glad I went ahead and bought when I did. I added a second date so I could go on my actual birthday but had been waiting thinking I might wait till closer to it to see how I felt. I knew it might sell out (it hasn't yet) but thought it would be closer to the date before it happened. I'm thinking it will sell out much sooner at this rate.

Does anyone know if you can buy a MNSSHP ticket directly from Disney and not assign it to a friend or family member at time of purchase? I'm thinking about UCT's process when you buy a ticket from them- they provide you a confirmation code that you then use in the app or website to link to a person any time. I'd really like to surprise someone with a ticket, and its slightly cheaper buying directly with Disney (APs!), but they would definitely notice before the date if it pops up in MDE!

I believe it’s assumed the ticket count is the same across the board. I guess the major unknown is weather… also, in October, the stage show does have an extra performance time so that spreads out that specific crowd a little bit.
I have been told that and I also have been told that the earlier ones are less crowded as they have less staff and fewer shows. Trying to see if anyone has personal experience at attending one in August and October.

Just got my ticket for 10 September! Linked to MDE and everything. I have Artist Point booked for 4pm that day, so my plan is to have a really early dinner there, hopefully be done around 6pm or so, then take the boat over to MK for MNSSHP!

Interestingly, it seems like the ticket reseller I use still has tickets for 15 September despite it being sold out on the WDW website. I'm guessing they probably have some allocation of tickets to resell or similar and still have tickets left...

Does anyone know if you can buy a MNSSHP ticket directly from Disney and not assign it to a friend or family member at time of purchase? I'm thinking about UCT's process when you buy a ticket from them- they provide you a confirmation code that you then use in the app or website to link to a person any time. I'd really like to surprise someone with a ticket, and its slightly cheaper buying directly with Disney (APs!), but they would definitely notice before the date if it pops up in MDE!
Yes, you can do this. I bought our tickets under my account on the website, and later linked them to the kids accounts.

Yes, you can do this. I bought our tickets under my account on the website, and later linked them to the kids accounts.
Can I ask how you were able to do this please? When I get to the checkout screen it won't let me proceed without selecting one of my friends or family members to assign the ticket:
Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 9.29.05 AM.png

Can I ask how you were able to do this please? When I get to the checkout screen it won't let me proceed without selecting one of my friends or family members to assign the ticket:
View attachment 783888
When you click on “Select a Guest” there is an option to “Add a New Guest” and this is where you can add your friend. Just make it generic. Later when you are ready to share the surprise and add your friend (via the website, not the app) you can “add them to your planning party” and reassign the ticket to them.

Last edited:

I have been told that and I also have been told that the earlier ones are less crowded as they have less staff and fewer shows. Trying to see if anyone has personal experience at attending one in August and October.
I've done parties in August, Sept and Oct in past years. There is a different vibe the closer you get to Halloween as compared to late summer, but the crowds are pretty similar, IMO. We only did one party last year, which was a HUGE improvement over the two parties we did in 2019 when they had the party pass. That was a disaster and made the parties way overcrowded. Last year our party was sold out, but way more manageable than 2019.

We said we were going to skip the party this year when we booked our trip. Now here we are with 28 days to go and we couldn't stand the thought of not going. Got our tickets for September 8th this morning!
Husband and I just did the same thing. We arrive in 24 day for 2 weeks, we weren't going to go to the party but just bought tickets for the 4th.

Just got my ticket for 10 September! Linked to MDE and everything. I have Artist Point booked for 4pm that day, so my plan is to have a really early dinner there, hopefully be done around 6pm or so, then take the boat over to MK for MNSSHP!

Interestingly, it seems like the ticket reseller I use still has tickets for 15 September despite it being sold out on the WDW website. I'm guessing they probably have some allocation of tickets to resell or similar and still have tickets left...
Are you allowed to name the ticket reseller? I missed getting tickets for the 15th 😢

Is anyone going on the first day? I would like for someone to report back if they allow the line for the dwarfs to open prior to the party starting which would be so awesome.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best bloggers to watch on YouTube for the first party? We ended up surfing around to a bunch of different videos last year and the quality varied widely.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best bloggers to watch on YouTube for the first party? We ended up surfing around to a bunch of different videos last year and the quality varied widely.
I really like Mammoth Club, and I would bet Molly will have a first day video with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter