"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Oh no I didn't realise that August dates were selling so quickly! I guess I should get a move on and get tickets for my (September) dates...

Oh no I didn't realise that August dates were selling so quickly! I guess I should get a move on and get tickets for my (September) dates...
They weren’t, this just started. Feeling similar to last year when all of the sudden a few dates at a time would sell out, before it was only the 2nd party now it suddenly looks like Aug demand skyrocketed. Yeah right. Some of us suspected last year it was more Disney stopping sales so they could set staffing levels to the minimum amount of people necessary for the known number of guests.

But yes, I would buy my tickets now. If it’s like last year it will all “sell out”.

ETA: for clarification

Last edited:
They weren’t, this just started. Feeling similar to last year when all of the sudden a few dates at a time would sell out, before it was only the 2nd party now it suddenly looks like Aug demand skyrocketed. Yeah right. Some of us suspect it is more Disney stopping sales so they can set staffing levels to the minimum amount of people necessary for the known number of guests.

But yes, I would buy my tickets now. If it’s like last year it will all “sell out”.
Who is we? Is this being discussed somewhere? Interested in that conversation!

We don't want to spend time at a table service but would like to know which counter service spots will be open. I can't seem to find a list. Could someone direct me to it? Many thanks.

Last edited:

We don't want to spend time at a table service but would like to know which counter service spots will be open. I can't seem to find a list. Could someone direct me to it? Many thanks.

There’s a lot of great info on the party on page 1 of the 2023 MNSSHP thread.

Here’s a screenshot of the dining info.
IMG_7017.jpeg

Last edited:
I merged your thread to the official thread.

We are attending the very last Party of the season on November 1st. Has anyone ever attended on a last day like that? I wasn’t sure if a post-Halloween party was ever offered before but since we get in the evening before, attending on the 31st isn’t an option.

With it being the last day…Do they run out of candy or have so much that they just try to dump as much of it into your bag as possible?

Also really curious to see how quickly the decorations turn into Christmas decor afterwards.

How crucial is a fireworks viewing dessert party in comparison to a normal night of fireworks? We’re OK with those crowds- don’t love them but there are 5 of us, so it’s a lot of $$$ to do a dessert party - heck going to MNSSHP at all is a splurge.

What is the latest we could get to a spot for a decent view?

Similar question for the parades - how early do we need to be there/any recommendations for where to watch? We’ll likely watch the second parade for lower crowds unless the weather is iffy.

We are attending the very last Party of the season on November 1st. Has anyone ever attended on a last day like that? I wasn’t sure if a post-Halloween party was ever offered before but since we get in the evening before, attending on the 31st isn’t an option.

With it being the last day…Do they run out of candy or have so much that they just try to dump as much of it into your bag as possible?

Also really curious to see how quickly the decorations turn into Christmas decor afterwards.
If there is a party they will have candy. I would anticipate normal offerings as it’s never been shared in the past that cm’s ‘dump’ extra candy to get rid of it. If there is extra left I would anticipate Disney would donate it somewhere just as they do other food.

Transformation from Halloween to Christmas takes place overnight, in one night. As there is a party on Nov 1 I would anticipate the transformation to take place very soon after that.

Similar question for the parades - how early do we need to be there/any recommendations for where to watch? We’ll likely watch the second parade for lower crowds unless the weather is iffy.
Last year we watched the second parade right in front of the train station and exit on Main Street. We didn’t know this was going to happen, but Max Goof and his dancers stopped in front of us and had a 10-15 minute dance party in the street. It was so much fun! They are confirmed to be a part of this year's parade, so maybe they’ll do that again. After the parade, we were tired and left ahead of the masses.

Editing to add that we did not stake out a spot and found it shortly before the parade started.

I’m attending the fir
Anyone going to the first party on the 11th? I am considering it but am seeing how hot it has been and wondering if I will be miserable. Plus I read somewhere a lot of bloggers are there for the first party. Anyone have any experience with first party of the year?
I am attending the first party as it happened to fall on a day I’m already going to be there. (Ohioan AP) Have not done the first party before so cannot answer your second question but I do anticipate it being “vlogger-heavy”.

Does anyone know if Jasmine is in her traditional outfit or if because it's Halloween she wears the red version? Thank you!!!

Secondary question if she doesn't - Is there a Jasmine meet and greet with her in her red version outfit?

Our first party! Excited!
I want a couple of the savory items, my DH does not. Do the QS locations open also serve the regular menu?
Does mobile order work during the party?
Are return times hours in advance or soon?
Is pickup a madhouse?
If we have APS do we need a park reservation to enter at 2? I might feed DH then.
So many questions. I thought we would just eat before, but that hand pie….

Our first party! Excited!
I want a couple of the savory items, my DH does not. Do the QS locations open also serve the regular menu?
Does mobile order work during the party?
Are return times hours in advance or soon?
Is pickup a madhouse?
If we have APS do we need a park reservation to enter at 2? I might feed DH then.
So many questions. I thought we would just eat before, but that hand pie….
I recall vloggers encouraging mobile order during the party so I think that’s available!

Is there a good area to try for a BG at 6 or somewhere to avoid? We are only at MK for the party so it's then or not til next trip which is unknown. We will do food & wine the next day before a short cruise on our anniversary. Once we learned Brightline was opening, we changed our flights to MCO and taking the train to Mia. I could not pass up a quick stop at WDW! This is our 2nd Halloween party and are so excited to return. The parade alone is worth the $ to repeat!

Are wait times for attractions generally lower during the day before MK closes for MNSSHP? I hear it can be less crowded...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter