"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Has anybody done 2 parties in 1 trip before?

Going in September for a week and have 1 party booked, thinking about doing 2, just to make sure we do everything and in case it rains 1 night.

Any thoughts?
Oh yes definitely! A few years back when it was only $60 or $70, we’d do 2 parties. One to concentrate on special party activities and one for rides. We can’t stomach the cost anymore but for those who can, 2 parties is the way to go!

My family goes to one party every year in September, except for last year because of Hurricane Ian. We have always been let in at 3:45. Did that happen last year as well?

If we get there for 4:00 arrival about how long would it take to get in? I’m debating booking BBB in that 4-6 window for our youngest, I’d like to do it as early as possible, but don’t want to be stressed about appointment time. Thanks!!!

If we get there for 4:00 arrival about how long would it take to get in? I’m debating booking BBB in that 4-6 window for our youngest, I’d like to do it as early as possible, but don’t want to be stressed about appointment time. Thanks!!!
My guess would be between 15-20 minutes.

Last year we left the Pop at 2:40ish, were in line by 3:10. We were the second couple in line at a turnstile. We were in the park by 4:05. But there was a rather large crowd behind us.

We will be doing two parties for the first time. Seven people, probably two successive Tuesdays.

Our game plan is to do as many rides as possible during the first party, and then, during the second one, we will see the parade and fireworks (in between rides).

What would be your plan? See the first parade, or the second? Our primary goal is to do rides with short waits.

Also, we plan to do MK during the day, and stay for the party. Do we have to leave the park and come back in?

Thanks for any responses!

We will be doing two parties for the first time. Seven people, probably two successive Tuesdays.

Our game plan is to do as many rides as possible during the first party, and then, during the second one, we will see the parade and fireworks (in between rides).

What would be your plan? See the first parade, or the second? Our primary goal is to do rides with short waits.

Also, we plan to do MK during the day, and stay for the party. Do we have to leave the park and come back in?

The second parade is less crowded because people that can't last the whole party leave after the fireworks.

Hit headliners like 7DMT, Space Mountain, and even Haunted Mansion during the parade and fireworks on your ride only night.

You may also consider being fluid with your 2 parties in the event there is rain. Say you do rides only during party 1, but party 2 is a wash out. You missed the entertainment aspect. Most rides will be fine during rain unless there is actual lightning.

You may consider swapping party plans in the event of weather on the 2nd night...

My family goes to one party every year in September, except for last year because of Hurricane Ian. We have always been let in at 3:45. Did that happen last year as well?
Yes, many days last year the gates opened around 3:45 but it can change day to day.

Totally up to you but if your main goal of one party is to hit as many rides as possible, you may wish to consider going to the MK during the day on a party day for less $ and only going to one party. If you are not planning to partake in any of the party festivities, our family has had great success for many years visiting the MK on a party day. The early park closure discourages many from going to the MK so we're able to get a ton done with much shorter waits than on an average MK day.

Just a thought.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but going to ask anyway!

Can I buy an ILL for Tron or Mine train from 4-6 with a party ticket and no park ticket for that day?

Has anybody done 2 parties in 1 trip before?

Going in September for a week and have 1 party booked, thinking about doing 2, just to make sure we do everything and in case it rains 1 night.

Any thoughts?

Yes I've done this!

Memory is a bit hazy, but I think I paid for 2 parties in 1 trip in 2016. But it was when ticket prices were less expensive during a cheaper period (September). And that was my first trip during Halloween season and I wasn't sure if I was going to be back during Halloween season again so thought I might as well do as much MNSSHP as I wanted - little did I know I'd be back during Halloween season in 2017 2019 2022 AND 2023!!

2017 I did 2 parties in 1 trip. The first MNSSHP was completely rained out so Disney very generously gave us make up tickets to another MNSSHP!

2019 I only did one, as I went right before Halloween and there wasn't much choice of dates for MNSSHP (especially as was also doing Wine and Dine - wasn't going to be able to do MNSSHP then go run a 10k or half marathon at 5am which a number of people seemed to be doing!)

2022 I didn't do MNSSHP. Couldn't face paying $200 for Halloween day (which was the only day that worked for my trip). So skipped it altogether last year...

This year I'm thinking of doing 2 parties in 1 trip again. Have yet to book tickets though...

Super excited, going to MNSSHP on Sept 17th for the first time ever! I'll be catching up on all posts here. :) Does anyone know if Stitch dressed as Elvis is an every year sort of thing, or does that change up?

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but going to ask anyway!

Can I buy an ILL for Tron or Mine train from 4-6 with a party ticket and no park ticket for that day?
Bumping this because that was my question today as well. I didn’t buy a park ticket for our party day because we are doing a resort day before the party.

Now I’m worried we won’t be able to ride anything between the hours of 4-6 because we won’t have access to any LL’s that afternoon without a park ticket and park reservation.

I guess I will need to add a day to our park hoppers, reserve MK for that day and then buy Genie+ to access LLs for the afteroon.

Are the Lightning Lanes still available past 6pm or does everything turn to stand by only? How will they handle Tron for the parties?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked. If I book the party on a day that is a block out date for my pass, can I still get in at 4? I'm thinking yes because I will have the party ticket, but I just want to make sure, it's been years since I've been to one of the parties so I'm pretty excited!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked. If I book the party on a day that is a block out date for my pass, can I still get in at 4? I'm thinking yes because I will have the party ticket, but I just want to make sure, it's been years since I've been to one of the parties so I'm pretty excited!
Yes, because you're using the party ticket to get in at 4pm. So you don't need a reservation or any other pass.

Has anyone heard anything about MNSSHP event dining? We hit our 60 day mark, and I'm hoping there's special event dining happening somewhere. Also, as an FYI Jungle Skipper Canteen isn't open for dinner on party nights this year (at least for the August dates that have been released).

We hit our 60 day mark, and I'm hoping there's special event dining happening somewhere
Maybe something along the line of the villains thing @ Tony’s.

we don’t tend to do dinner there on event nights, even tho we have APs. Do a big late lunch and then munch our way around the parks as usually something special that catches my eye (or a themed popcorn bucket).

JMHO, think it’s an issue that day guests can book dinners after 4 pm those nights.
Now I’m worried we won’t be able to ride anything between the hours of 4-6 because we won’t have access to any LL’s that afternoon without a park ticket and park reservation.

I guess I will need to add a day to our park hoppers, reserve MK for that day and then buy Genie+ to access LLs for the afteroon.
we approach the parties as an event where riding isn’t the primary focus. Not to say they aren’t opportunities during the 2nd parade for relatively short lines.

i thot the parties included access to virtual chance to ride tron during the night. Could be wrong on that.

unless it’s reasonably priced, wouldn’t add on another day to the PH. There will be attractions available to enjoy, just not the Etickets. Many party attendees will go straight to line up for popular meet & greets (Early).

although, having a park tix does allow you to avoid those really long lines to enter the park thru the party lane at 4 pm.

Maybe something along the line of the villains thing @ Tony’s.

we don’t tend to do dinner there on event nights, even tho we have APs. Do a big late lunch and then munch our way around the parks as usually something special that catches my eye (or a themed popcorn bucket).

JMHO, think it’s an issue that day guests can book dinners after 4 pm those nights.

we approach the parties as an event where riding isn’t the primary focus. Not to say they aren’t opportunities during the 2nd parade for relatively short lines.

i thot the parties included access to virtual chance to ride tron during the night. Could be wrong on that.

unless it’s reasonably priced, wouldn’t add on another day to the PH. There will be attractions available to enjoy, just not the Etickets. Many party attendees will go straight to line up for popular meet & greets (Early).

although, having a park tix does allow you to avoid those really long lines to enter the park thru the party lane at 4 pm.
Thanks. I’m getting a better understanding of what to expect now. The last time we went was over a decade ago and all the rides were walk on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter