"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

I am still torn on if my husband and I should go to the party. We will be there in early October and would be looking at the party on October 1st. It's a Sunday night party and it's our arrival day. We are staying at the Fort so it's just a short boat ride to MK. I just don't know if my husband would enjoy it. He's never done any of the parties. My daughter and I have done the Christmas party a couple of times. He really enjoys shows and activites, but how crowded does the Halloween party get? I just don't want to spend $300 and it be packed.

I am still torn on if my husband and I should go to the party. We will be there in early October and would be looking at the party on October 1st. It's a Sunday night party and it's our arrival day. We are staying at the Fort so it's just a short boat ride to MK. I just don't know if my husband would enjoy it. He's never done any of the parties. My daughter and I have done the Christmas party a couple of times. He really enjoys shows and activites, but how crowded does the Halloween party get? I just don't want to spend $300 and it be packed.

I wouldn't call the park empty by any means, but it's definitely not as crowded as your typical day crowds. if he likes shows and activities, he would probably enjoy the party.

I am still torn on if my husband and I should go to the party. We will be there in early October and would be looking at the party on October 1st. It's a Sunday night party and it's our arrival day.
What time do you expect to arrive and how are you traveling? If you're taking a flight, and expect to get in around 2pm, I wouldn't risk it. If you're driving and think you'll get there around 9 or 10 in the morning, I would. Flight delays are all too common. It would be awful to pay $300 but get in late and miss the party.

I would watch some videos with your husband. I like Tim Tracker, Molly and Paging Mr Morrow. You will probably have a better chance of getting a Tron VQ at 6 pm (exclusive for after hours and MNSSHP). For that date you can wait until the first few Aug parties to see videos and crowd levels

I would watch some videos with your husband. I like Tim Tracker, Molly and Paging Mr Morrow. You will probably have a better chance of getting a Tron VQ at 6 pm (exclusive for after hours and MNSSHP). For that date you can wait until the first few Aug parties to see videos and crowd levels

I didn't even think about TRON. We just went in February and we'll be back in January so he wanted to focus on shows and experiences on this trip instead of running from ride to ride. Although he did say he wants to ride Cosmic again because it's the best. Anyhow back on subject, I'll have him watch some videos and see what he says. Thanks.

What time do you expect to arrive and how are you traveling? If you're taking a flight, and expect to get in around 2pm, I wouldn't risk it. If you're driving and think you'll get there around 9 or 10 in the morning, I would. Flight delays are all too common. It would be awful to pay $300 but get in late and miss the party.
We are towing our camper and we should be there by noon-ish, that usually when we arrive when we camp. So it all depends on when our site is ready. Setting up our camper is super quick and then it would just be a boat ride over to MK. Even if we don't get there until after 4pm that would be fine.

We are towing our camper and we should be there by noon-ish, that usually when we arrive when we camp. So it all depends on when our site is ready. Setting up our camper is super quick and then it would just be a boat ride over to MK. Even if we don't get there until after 4pm that would be fine.
I'd totally get tickets then! My spouse and I have been going as a two adult family since 2006. We love the Halloween atmosphere, special magic shots, and the amazing fire works. I hope you have a great time!

Can you change the date of you MNSSHP tickets if your plans change? We may need to rebook our trip for a few weeks later and I already bought the tickets.

If the party you want to go to isn't sold out, WDW will typically work with you to change dates. You will need to call WDW (or have your TA call) to ask.

Going to the party on October 24th, with my grandsons, what time does Columbia Harbor House close on party nights, was hoping to have a nice meal before all the fun begins.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and couldn’t find it….

In the general AH thread, it was mentioned that you can purchase genie+ with an AH ticket, which would allow you to make some reservations (I assume for the time between when AH guests are allowed entry and when the party officially starts).

Is this also the case for MNSSHP? Could genie+ be purchased (without a regular day ticket and only the party ticket)?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and couldn’t find it….

In the general AH thread, it was mentioned that you can purchase genie+ with an AH ticket, which would allow you to make some reservations (I assume for the time between when AH guests are allowed entry and when the party officially starts).

Is this also the case for MNSSHP? Could genie+ be purchased (without a regular day ticket and only the party ticket)?

See Post #1
:maleficen Are Genie+ Reservations available during the party?
Genie+ is not available during party hours (7pm to 12am). In the past, guests visiting from 4-6pm on a party ticket could book FastPass+ reservations. Genie+ and ILL (Individual Lightning Lane) are only available for guests that have park reservations for the Magic Kingdom or park hopper ticket option on a MNSSHP date.

People later reported that you were able to add Genie+ with a party ticket.

I did not attend MNSSHP last year, but I did attend MVMCP. I was able to purchase Genie+ with ONLY MVMCP tickets. With that being said, we'll probably have to wait until the 1st party to see about this year.

Does anyone have an idea when they’ll release the food options? I find it surprising they’ve showed some Christmas event food options but not any for the Halloween event.

Tough call. Last year they announced some stuff early, and then the rest was like the week before the first party.

I am also hoping we get an announcement soon.

Going to the party on October 24th, with my grandsons, what time does Columbia Harbor House close on party nights, was hoping to have a nice meal before all the fun begins.
6pm or last orders at 6pm, closing completely between 6pm and 7pm. We were seated upstairs with a lot of party folx in 2019, and the downstairs was swarmed with last minute diners right at 6pm.

Do people still wear costumes to the Halloween parties? I’ll always remember stepping onto the bus to MK the last time we attended MNNSHP. We were the only people in costume and wow the looks we got. It was so awkward. Lol.

Not sure we want to go all out with costumes this time around.

We never wore costumes, but I wear my Haunted Mansion tee shirt, and g.f. wears her Nightmare Before Christmas tee.

They announced this morning that Minnie, Daisy and Clarabelle dressed as the Sanderson Sisters are going to be part of the parade this year.

Very excited for that but wondering if they are announcing that because sales for party tickets are slow. Neither the first party (which is the one my daughter and I are going to) or Halloween is sold out yet.

We finished my daughter's costume yesterday! I'm going as Sally Slater (The Tightrope Girl) and she's going to be the Bride version of Constance Hatchway. Very excited for the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter