Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

I used to go the first two weeks of October, but thought the crowds were more then, much heavier with Columbus weekend, so I now go the last two weeks of September. Last year, when did 8 days of HHN, and I considered all but one, bonus ones, where I wandered around doing whatever I wanted, and met up with friends some nights. The one day, was the only Saturday night I was there, I did a private tour. That way, I got l into all the houses quick, sometimes twice, had private places to relax and eat, and reserved seating at the show. Was great to have that multi day ticket, that also covered that Saturday night last year. And if you do a tour, still need a valid ticket in addition to the tour price.

As to the show, saw it the first time two years ago. Was okay. Saw it last year, was exactly the same show as the year before. If it’s the same show this year, unless I wander in with no line, I’ll give it a pass, unless the tour group I’m with wants to view.

So I agree, unless you have a couple of nights to see all, a tour is the way to see all the houses in one night. If you are going with limited time, even on a slower night, express, at least on one day, will maximize your time.

Oh and the houses are sometimes clumped together, but beware the entrances are not all together, and they are at all further parts of the park. Hence, be aware, lots of time on your feet, distance and waiting in lines. There are places to sit, but you can put miles walking on one night.

This year, hotel and flights already booked. Now waiting for those multi tickets sale. Other reason to go in September, rather than October.

And charity fixed price meals are only in September, and several Universal restaurants participated in the past, and assume they will this year. In the past I’ve had some very nice 3 course meals with that fixed price deal, both in a Universal hotel restaurant, SW restaurant, and several outside of the parks restaurants.

Ooh, hope to see some friends in the fog this year.

I concur on the show, we did not like it at all. Best focus on the houses and scare zones! At least the show will temporarily draw some of the crowds away 😉

I concur on the show, we did not like it at all. Best focus on the houses and scare zones! At least the show will temporarily draw some of the crowds away 😉

Which show? The dance show in the Fear Factor Stage, or the lights/water show on the lagoon. I have enjoyed the lagoon shows but missed it last year due to the hurricane. The dance shows are just OK. It's a nice place to rest your legs, especially if you get toward the back and can leave easily if you aren't feeling it.

Which show? The dance show in the Fear Factor Stage, or the lights/water show on the lagoon. I have enjoyed the lagoon shows but missed it last year due to the hurricane. The dance shows are just OK. It's a nice place to rest your legs, especially if you get toward the back and can leave easily if you aren't feeling it.
I meant the dance show. It's sooooo loud and there isn't much to it other than provocative dancing with fire. Lots of fire! It was too crude for our taste.

We thought the lagoon was ok. Better than the dance show for sure! But we'd rather redo a house during that time, or sit somewhere to rest and have a snack.

I'm definitely doing a RIP tour on October 5th. Could do the 6th but if it's like the last time I went in 2019 I think going on Thursday night will be smarter than Friday night, especially with you all referencing Columbus Day weekend as being a thing that swells the crowds. Hopefully will get lucky and find a private one.

With that said I have a couple of questions:

1) Is the RIP tour itself refundable? The language is confusing. In some sections it says 'non-refundable' but I also see a section that states: "Ticket is date specific; forty-eight (48) hour cancellation notice is required for a full refund." I'm mainly checking because if refundable then I'll likely book public first and cancel if I luck out with a private.

2) Does anyone have a start time preference for these tours? Just looking for other's preferences and why. Looks like I did 7:30 in early October back in 2019 and thought that was a pretty good experience. Note: sunset will be 7:12pm on that date so should mean it's pretty dark when we get started.

I meant the dance show. It's sooooo loud and there isn't much to it other than provocative dancing with fire. Lots of fire! It was too crude for our taste.

We thought the lagoon was ok. Better than the dance show for sure! But we'd rather redo a house during that time, or sit somewhere to rest and have a snack.
Agree on the show… but, it was a highlight for my teenage son last year (not so much for the rest of us, we could have done without)

I'm definitely doing a RIP tour on October 5th. Could do the 6th but if it's like the last time I went in 2019 I think going on Thursday night will be smarter than Friday night, especially with you all referencing Columbus Day weekend as being a thing that swells the crowds. Hopefully will get lucky and find a private one.

With that said I have a couple of questions:

1) Is the RIP tour itself refundable? The language is confusing. In some sections it says 'non-refundable' but I also see a section that states: "Ticket is date specific; forty-eight (48) hour cancellation notice is required for a full refund." I'm mainly checking because if refundable then I'll likely book public first and cancel if I luck out with a private.

2) Does anyone have a start time preference for these tours? Just looking for other's preferences and why. Looks like I did 7:30 in early October back in 2019 and thought that was a pretty good experience. Note: sunset will be 7:12pm on that date so should mean it's pretty dark when we get started.
Yes, when I called to book, I wanted Oct 7th. (Saturday) but since they don’t have tours that day, booked 6 th… I was told I can call back to cancel, change, etc. And, private vs group have different time options. Private maybe as 530 or 6? Group was 630 and later? Not 100% on times, but there was a range. Private goes all nite, so start time doesn’t really matter as you can pick rides until dark.

Last edited:
This will be my first HHN. I purchased one night tickets for October 22. I am a 53 yr old scardey cat. I was in middle school the last time I went to a haunted house. I don't watch horror movies and change the channel when a preview comes on. It took me two days to muster up enough courage to purchase tickets.

I have been to Universal during HHN but never attended. Did a Behind the Screams tour and it peaked my interest. Very nervous and excited to attend.

The dance show in the Fear Factor Stage, or the lights/water show on the lagoon. I have enjoyed the lagoon shows but missed it last year due to the hurricane.
I liked the HHN lagoon much more last year
It's sooooo loud and there isn't much to it other than provocative dancing with fire. Lots of fire! It was too crude for our taste.
As they say, taste is subjective. Now you know you don’t have to allot an hour there, will give you time to work in another house…a win.

IMO it fits right in with HHN vibe, for better or worse. best to come into the event with an open mind & do a bit of research as specific elements may be outside one’s comfort level. Thankfully, it’s not difficult to find reviews of shows & houses to ascertain if specific presentations are out of one’s comfort level

On the other side of the coin, many of us bemoan the fact that things have become toned down to appeal to a broader audience over the years.

everyone’s a critic :p

In that vein, I enjoyed the first year’s show more, still thot last year’s engaging. Do find sitting up close and personal a real treat. The performers (& scareactors) seriously work their collective butts off, multi times a night:worship:
BG, some Dis members will post when they have a spot or more to fill on their private tour. If you are interested, then should say so, and then send a private message to coordinate, or they may first privately message you. .
Note: in the past the management was kindly agreeable to posts from DIS’rs announcing they had a private tour and were looking for others to join their merriment.

Mod Mac can verify if this will be permissible again this year.

As i recall, no specifics as to cash etc. are to be discussed on this forum.

You need to follow the PM method and use your personal judgement as to meeting up/payment etc.; as the board is in no way responsible.

if it passes the mod test again this year, feel free to post a link to your thread regarding your tour here and I will post in the sticky link.
I can see that being one of the target demographics 🤣
And maybe monster truck audiences
Willing to bet a good portion of the attendees don’t have subscriptions to the opera…and that alright by me.

the event draws people from all walks of life, demographics…more the merrier. However, we all share a love of horror and appreciate the production values of the event.

Last edited:
We love the dance/fire show as a 19yr woman and older middle aged woman lol. It was a bit loud for me but I really enjoyed the energy of the performers. Sadly we didn’t get to see the lagoon show since we went after the hurricane. We really wanted to see that last year.

Note: in the past the management was kindly agreeable to posts from DIS’rs announcing they had a private tour and were looking for others to join their merriment.

Mod Mac can verify if this will be permissible again this year.

As i recall, no specifics as to cash etc. are to be discussed on this forum.

You need to follow the PM method and use your personal judgement as to meeting up/payment etc.; as the board is in no way responsible.

if it passes the mod test again this year, feel free to post a link to your thread regarding your tour here and I will post in the sticky link.
Yes

Same set up plan as last year

My Universal app wallet in my expired tickets lists my ROF tickets as issued 7/26/22. I’m pretty sure that I bought them the day they became available, does that date sound right? If it is I’m in for a long wait…

This will be my first HHN. I purchased one night tickets for October 22. I am a 53 yr old scardey cat. I was in middle school the last time I went to a haunted house. I don't watch horror movies and change the channel when a preview comes on. It took me two days to muster up enough courage to purchase tickets.

I have been to Universal during HHN but never attended. Did a Behind the Screams tour and it peaked my interest. Very nervous and excited to attend.
You will be fine!
After you go this year, you might get hooked on the event.

Good chance you will enjoy it so much that you will be a fan and we will see you in the fog for multiple houses
visits after your first hhn experience…

My first HHN was the third year it began
I have not missed a year since then

If your dates match mine in September, plan on a meet up with me.

only good things will happen when you tour wit someone you know

see in the fog

My Universal app wallet in my expired tickets lists my ROF tickets as issued 7/26/22. I’m pretty sure that I bought them the day they became available, does that date sound right? If it is I’m in for a long wait…
Yeah - its the same thing every year as we wait on the multi night tickets

We love the dance/fire show as a 19yr woman and older middle aged woman lol. It was a bit loud for me but I really enjoyed the energy of the performers. Sadly we didn’t get to see the lagoon show since we went after the hurricane. We really wanted to see that last year.
Its interesting maybe the first time you see it but for me its gotten old and Id like to see something different or bring back Bill and Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter