"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is wondering what message this sends to Disney, the message is: You are still WAY undercharging for this event.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this go up $40-50 per ticket at least next year.
I agree. We bought our tickets for $169 and our date sold out a couple of weeks ago.
We also purchased Orlando Informer tickets for roughly $240 a person back in May and our date sold out months ago.

I apologize if any of these questions have been answered already. I’m going on 12/11 and trying to figure out how to get my moneys worth. I’m not super interested in shows, parades, etc. I’m mostly interested in low wait times for my favorite rides and also stocking up on free cookies lol

1. What time do people usually start lining up? Do they typically let party people in at exactly 4 or a little before?
2. What time does the Space Mountain overlay typically start? Do they close the line at 6 and let the line clear out and then switch over? Is that a fairly quick process?
3. I read somewhere you can ask for multiple cookies at a time. I’ll be by myself, is there usually a limit on how many they’ll give you at a time?
4. As I read through some previous posts someone mentioned 7 Dwarfs closed during the fireworks. That surprises me since it doesn’t typically close during normal fireworks from what I understand but what time/how long after fireworks would it reopen? I kind of want to ride it during the party but only if it’s a very short wait because I don’t want to wait half an hour for it while I could be walking onto Thunder or even Space
5. Do they let you bring your hot cocoa in line for rides? Like for example if Space is a 20 minute wait can I drink my hot cocoa while waiting? I know based on past experience it’s generally fine to eat/drink in line but I wonder if it’s at all different when there’s hardly any wait times anyway
6. Tips for maximizing rides? The biggest thing I’m interested in is doing Space a lot of times and based on what I’ve observed in the app wait times fluctuate probably depending on what shows are going on. I also want to do Speedway and teacups once each, 7 Dwarfs but only if I can get a very short wait, same thing with Peter Pan, and also probably Splash and Thunder when other wait times are longer

TIA!

Last edited:
I agree. We bought our tickets for $169 and our date sold out a couple of weeks ago.
We also purchased Orlando Informer tickets for roughly $240 a person back in May and our date sold out months ago.
I stopped buying them for entire family every year because of the escalated cost.
Maybe it is not that the Cost should be more. Maybe the message is guests want a simple entrance to have a fun without the extra Genie+ costs and extra planning for virtual lines and ILL and whatever else they can upcharge .
Instead of trying to understand the new changes announced with No AP s for sale
Maybe families are just using DVC and occasional Party event and calling it a better value. Without learning and trying to figure out the constant announcements , etc details have gotten too confusing and disappointing .
A Party event sounds fun and simple . In comparison to whatever I need to know to enter tomorrow morn …which for me ;
The simple answer is Going to Universal where a day feels honest and not a day that is Dis-honest.

i am so confused with all the different dessert parties. This is the one we have booked
MVMCP - Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
8:30 PM - Special
Is this the one you are referring to? I am debating canceling, but since we can’t get any reservations for the fireworks parties at EPCOT (I had budgeted for one dessert party) maybe I should keep it? I have 2 scooter people in my party.
YES! This is the one I'm referring to. I would keep it if I were you. You'll have a nice time eating your treats and drinking your drinks at your assigned table at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Then you'll go down to the designated reserved viewing area in the Plaza Garden. Your scooter users will have a fantastic view of the fireworks.

I apologize if any of these questions have been answered already. I’m going on 12/11 and trying to figure out how to get my moneys worth. I’m not super interested in shows, parades, etc. I’m mostly interested in low wait times for my favorite rides and also stocking up on free cookies lol

1. What time do people usually start lining up? Do they typically let party people in at exactly 4 or a little before?
2. What time does the Space Mountain overlay typically start? Do they close the line at 6 and let the line clear out and then switch over? Is that a fairly quick process?
3. I read somewhere you can ask for multiple cookies at a time. I’ll be by myself, is there usually a limit on how many they’ll give you at a time?
4. As I read through some previous posts someone mentioned 7 Dwarfs closed during the fireworks. That surprises me since it doesn’t typically close during normal fireworks from what I understand but what time/how long after fireworks would it reopen? I kind of want to ride it during the party but only if it’s a very short wait because I don’t want to wait half an hour for it while I could be walking onto Thunder or even Space
5. Do they let you bring your hot cocoa in line for rides? Like for example if Space is a 20 minute wait can I drink my hot cocoa while waiting? I know based on past experience it’s generally fine to eat/drink in line but I wonder if it’s at all different when there’s hardly any wait times anyway
6. Tips for maximizing rides? The biggest thing I’m interested in is doing Space a lot of times and based on what I’ve observed in the app wait times fluctuate probably depending on what shows are going on. I also want to do Speedway and teacups once each, 7 Dwarfs but only if I can get a very short wait, same thing with Peter Pan, and also probably Splash and Thunder when other wait times are longer

TIA!
Lots of good questions. I'll attempt to answer a few. Caveat: I've been to only one MVMCP and that was some years ago. However, I attend the MNSSHP Halloween parties annually, so I'm relying on those experiences.
1. I don't know what time people usually start lining up to get into the park for the party. I usually show up at around 3:45. They usually start letting people in at 4. I've only gotten in before that once or twice.
2. The ride overlays start at 7 when the party starts. I have not observed a "line clear out" period during the transition time between regular day and party, but I'm not certain of this answer.
3. Is there a limit to how many cookies they'll give you at one time? I do not know. Probably not, within reason.
4. 7DMT questions. I don't know. I usually skip 7DMT during parties. With everything else walk-on or nearly walk-on, I just don't like to use my party time standing in line for a cute but super short ride that I've done a million times already. During a Halloween party a couple months ago, I got lucky - I was passing 7DMT toward the end of the night and noticed that the ride was posted at 20 min but was actually a walk on, so I rode it. Hint: make sure to look at the line. Sometimes the posted wait times during parties are inaccurate. Not sure why.
5. During parties, I generally don't bring treats/drinks to rides, because there is no line. That said, if there is a line, I'm sure you could bring your hot cocoa.
6. During the parties I've attended, I and my family have walked on everything all night, with the exception of 7DMT. During Halloween, HM had a line. During the last MVMCP I attended, I recall "Jingle Cruise" having a line. Space, Splash and BTMRR are usually low to no waits. I have a couple of Space Mtn fans in my group and they go on it over and over and over. If your party goal is to maximize rides, I think you'll have a great time. Not trying to influence you, but you might want to try to catch one of the parades. They are really good. Hope you have fun!

We will be going to MVMCP for the first time in over 10 years!! The last time we went, they gave you the same type of cookie at each station and you could get apple cider and hot cocoa at each station! That leaves me to my point. I have someone that cannot eat or drink chocolate. Is there a drink substitute at each station? It seems like you can only get apple cider at one location? Do they have water?

We are super excited for December 20th!!

I can answer this one from experience. People front of us in Space Mountain were told to throw out their hot chocolates before getting in the line

In case anyone is wondering what message this sends to Disney, the message is: You are still WAY undercharging for this event.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this go up $40-50 per ticket at least next year.
It sold out way after tickets went on sale. If this was like OBB this year, I’d say yea, but WAY undercharging? That’s not what it’s saying.
Some of us won’t be willing/able to afford next year, but I’m not going to guilt the people that bought tickets this year 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone attended one of the Dessert Parties this year at the Christmas Party and can report whether or not they were serving alcohol? It was mentioned here several times before that the event description changed from previous parties to only state it includes "alcohol-free libations". Still trying to figure out of the Dessert Party is worth the cost for us....
I can confirm that alcohol was served during our Garden Viewing dessert party on Nov 17th! There were (I think) 6 options, definitely a white wine, a red wine, a sparkling wine, and a few beer options.

Thank you! She does fine with cocoa and chocolate. It’s more raw diary (think milk, butter, soft cheese) so as long as it’s made with water she’ll be fine ! Appreciate it though.

I can confirm that alcohol was served during our Garden Viewing dessert party on Nov 17th! There were (I think) 6 options, definitely a white wine, a red wine, a sparkling wine, and a few beer options.
Did they have special holiday themed desserts or serve the same ones they do at the normal firworks dessert party?

I couldn’t find this in the search, but I’m wondering if we happen to be on site during a sold out party, do they ever have a no show factor and release tickets? Last minute trip and I haven’t been since so many changes at WDW, it overwhelming! Not sure I should do last minute anymore!

I couldn’t find this in the search, but I’m wondering if we happen to be on site during a sold out party, do they ever have a no show factor and release tickets? Last minute trip and I haven’t been since so many changes at WDW, it overwhelming! Not sure I should do last minute anymore!
I have seen on many blogs and posts that there are tix for sale sometimes even during sold out parties at ticket booth day of!

We went to the Tuesday 11/22 party.
Purchased Genie+ with just a party ticket. Stacked Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan, BTMRR, Pirates between 4-5:30.
Arrived via WL boat in front of Magic Kingdom at 3:30. Had wrist bands given out in line and then were able to walk through the taps at 3:45, held under the train station until 3:55 and then the crowded march began. We got our maps and ornaments in the main street bypass and then turned left to Adventure land.

We did Pirates 4:10-4:20
Jingle Cruise took awhile, 4:25-4:50
BTMRR at 5:00
Peter Pan 5:15-5:25
Small World at 5:30
Grabbed the last mobile order of the night from Friar’s Nook at 6:00, hit prepare now at 5:59 as I walked over from Small World
Sat and ate while they were sweeping the park
Carousel 6:30
Split group Dumbo and Little Mermaid, both walk on, Dumbo was offering to stay on and ride again
7:05 Cookies and hot chocolate at Cosmic rays,
Ate in line for Speedway 10/15 minute wait- so fun with the Christmas decorations and they were testing Tron, the ride vehicles look so cool lit up
7:30 Buzz lightyear walk on
7:45 People mover walk on
8:00 had done all the rides the kids wanted to do, we stopped for cookies at Lunching pad, I’ve seen some say the cider is apple juice but I definitely got cider. I think maybe because there’s hot chocolate people assume it’ll be hot cider? But it’s cold cider.
Headed down to Main St and got a parade spot about 8:20. Normally wouldn’t wait long for a parade spot but we got second row behind people sitting on the curb and we were ready to take a break anyway. Took turns going into stores and around 8:35/40 the Kringle Krew (Crew?) Came through to warm up the crowd. I feel like this was the perfect balance of wait time vs good spot without waiting too long, parade was to us about 8:45/8:50 and it was snowing and generally a nice atmosphere to hang out in.
We walked up to Pinocchio’s for a cookie after the parade, did Speedway a second time and then headed back for fireworks.
We walked quickly over to Space after fireworks, said 10 minute wait but I don’t think they updated it quickly enough for the influx of people, more like 20-25.

We made our way out about 11:15, before the second parade made it to Main St.

We had a great night!

We went to the Tuesday 11/22 party.
Purchased Genie+ with just a party ticket. Stacked Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan, BTMRR, Pirates between 4-5:30.
Arrived via WL boat in front of Magic Kingdom at 3:30. Had wrist bands given out in line and then were able to walk through the taps at 3:45, held under the train station until 3:55 and then the crowded march began. We got our maps and ornaments in the main street bypass and then turned left to Adventure land.

We did Pirates 4:10-4:20
Jingle Cruise took awhile, 4:25-4:50
BTMRR at 5:00
Peter Pan 5:15-5:25
Small World at 5:30
Grabbed the last mobile order of the night from Friar’s Nook at 6:00, hit prepare now at 5:59 as I walked over from Small World
Sat and ate while they were sweeping the park
Carousel 6:30
Split group Dumbo and Little Mermaid, both walk on, Dumbo was offering to stay on and ride again
7:05 Cookies and hot chocolate at Cosmic rays,
Ate in line for Speedway 10/15 minute wait- so fun with the Christmas decorations and they were testing Tron, the ride vehicles look so cool lit up
7:30 Buzz lightyear walk on
7:45 People mover walk on
8:00 had done all the rides the kids wanted to do, we stopped for cookies at Lunching pad, I’ve seen some say the cider is apple juice but I definitely got cider. I think maybe because there’s hot chocolate people assume it’ll be hot cider? But it’s cold cider.
Headed down to Main St and got a parade spot about 8:20. Normally wouldn’t wait long for a parade spot but we got second row behind people sitting on the curb and we were ready to take a break anyway. Took turns going into stores and around 8:35/40 the Kringle Krew (Crew?) Came through to warm up the crowd. I feel like this was the perfect balance of wait time vs good spot without waiting too long, parade was to us about 8:45/8:50 and it was snowing and generally a nice atmosphere to hang out in.
We walked up to Pinocchio’s for a cookie after the parade, did Speedway a second time and then headed back for fireworks.
We walked quickly over to Space after fireworks, said 10 minute wait but I don’t think they updated it quickly enough for the influx of people, more like 20-25.

We made our way out about 11:15, before the second parade made it to Main St.

We had a great night!
Thanks for the very detailed report! Good to see you had success stacking G+, I was not thinking of buying it but now I am (party is my only MK day). Would love a few more details on how you set it up so neatly to fit in those times, did you book jingle cruise first, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter