"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll rephrase then…

In the PAST, could the 7 dwarves be photographed while perhaps walking by where they are if one opted not to wait for the actual meet and greet?
I doubt we will get there by 5 which in the past has been the recommended as a good time to get in line, but I really am ok with just snapping a few quick pics :-)
I agree with @scrappinginontario this will be almost impossible. We got very lucky at the Halloween party, we happened to be waiting to ride Pooh and Pooh and friends gave my kids high fives on their way back from break, but even then with them looking at us I couldn’t have gotten a photo of all 4 of them looking with no one else in it. They don’t really want you to, because then why would anyone wait in the line?

I agree with @scrappinginontario this will be almost impossible. We got very lucky at the Halloween party, we happened to be waiting to ride Pooh and Pooh and friends gave my kids high fives on their way back from break, but even then with them looking at us I couldn’t have gotten a photo of all 4 of them looking with no one else in it. They don’t really want you to, because then why would anyone wait in the line?
My experience is the 7Dwarfs were inside; so they are not easily photographed without being in line.

Well, my oh my!

I accidentally lied in my post about booking the fireworks dessert party for our MVMCP!
Evidently, they have not yet released the dates yet for those parties. I am hopeful however, as they had them for MNSSHP.

If anyone could chime in and tell me in your experience when they usually drop?

TIA

From my understanding they are not having dessert party this year during MVMCP.

They ARE doing a fireworks dessert party this year, tickets go on sale on Oct 18th!

MVMCP Dessert party

I’ve read in quite a few places that they are some of the rare characters out for the Christmas party, not MNSSHP
I’m asking about MVMCP

I'm not holding my breath concerning the 7 Dwarfs. They used to be out at both parties. Since they aren't out for the Halloween party I doubt they will be out for Christmas.

Years ago, I did get pictures of them from a distance. They weren't great quality and other people were in them. Personally my party time is more valuable then waiting in that long a line for characters.

I’m just so used to Disneyland where characters free roam and even the ones doing meet and greets are easy to capture on camera

have you done before? I have read in a lot of places that they are a time sucker for the party. We are doing a fireworks party on one of our non park days
We have done it every single time, and now with the ability to book your party for AFTER the fireworks it's even better. We get to the venue (Tomorrowland Terrace) at the time we are allowed, and then go directly to our FW spot. People are already trying to fine a "good spot" for the fireworks so we miss that crowd completely. Afterwards while everyone else is trying to exit the park to mass mania, we are strolling over to TT to have our munchies, relax, and when all the crowds are gone we can enjoy leaving and get some magic shots along the way. Also the fireworks are different for the MVMCP! I love them and want to see as much as possible :rainbow:

Last edited:
Will there be any option to do reserved parade viewing at the party this year? I recall before the shutdown there was an event at Tony's that included a reserved viewing area for the 2nd parade? I ask because I'm going with a friend who wants to have a good location for pictures and is concerned even if we stake out a spot far in advance we may run into people moving or jostling us.

We have done it every single time, and now with the ability to book your party for AFTER the fireworks it's even better. We get to the venue (Tomorrowland Terrace) at the time we are allowed, and then go directly to our FW spot. People are already trying to fine a "good spot" for the fireworks so we miss that crowd completely. Afterwards while everyone else is trying to exit the park to mass mania, we are strolling over to TT to have our munchies, relax, and when all the crowds are gone we can enjoy leaving and get some magic shots along the way. Also the fireworks are different for the MVMCP! I love them and want to see as much as possible :rainbow:
I didn’t see this option on the website. The only Christmas Party dessert party I saw said you check in 1.5 hours before the fireworks to eat and then it ends with the fireworks. It only showed different fireworks viewing options (plaza and terrace). Do you have a link you could share please? The after fireworks party seems a better use of our party time.

So glad the dessert party will return this year! Now, has anyone seen any info regarding the dessert party on NYE? I see it for the Christmas party dates, but I can't find anything about New Year's Eve.

Just curious have they ever opened up or offered additional tickets on sold out dates? The one date we could go is sold out ☹️

Just curious have they ever opened up or offered additional tickets on sold out dates? The one date we could go is sold out ☹️
Based on MNSSHP this year, no. Once a date is sold out it is sold out. Additional tickets are not added.

Occasionally guests have been successful the day of their party, adding one or 2 tickets (up to 50% of guests) to their existing party when new family members are added to their trip but, this is not guaranteed and guests don’t know until party day.

You did not do this @kaismahma but, just a reminder that advertising for tickets to a sold out party is not allowed on DISboards.

Last edited:
I’ve read in quite a few places that they are some of the rare characters out for the Christmas party, not MNSSHP
I’m asking about MVMCP

I believe the poster was just advising you that they’re weren’t available at MNSSHP so there’s a chance they won’t be at MVMCP either. Also they are usually at MNSSHP as well, they are at both parties.

Does anyone think they'll bring back Tony's town square party this year? I'm sure it's just a pipe dream, but my DD and I did this is 2019 and loved it for the food, the warmth and the parade viewing. If not, we'll just book the dessert party, but I'm still holding out hope!

Thank you for the update and info!

So wondering, how crowded do the fireworks get and how early do you need to get a decent spot? Trying to understand if this is actually worth the cost.
I think it is hard to predict. I went to the 2nd Halloween party in August and was surprised there were still good fireworks viewing spots 15 min before they started.

I hope you are right and this is a thing - because you have just sold me on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter