• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Was hoping for a party with reserved spot for the parade. We did that once at the Xmas party for the parade.
This is what I’m hoping for for the Xmas party. The fireworks dessert parties go on sale Tuesday, but I’d rather have reserved parade viewing. Trying to decide if I hold out & wait…

I have heard of people still buying day of tickets or night before. I'm honestly not sure how or where besides at guest services inside of MK, at this point and it almost seems like more risk than it's worth. I have one free night in the area and it so happens to be a MNSSHP night but it was sold out way before I knew.
I was at DHS today, we have 3 tickets for my family, but we were looking for a plus one. I went to the ticket booth at DHS to ask, probably the wrong place, but they were not able to even add a +1. I probably should have looked for an actual guest services place, but didn't see what I was looking for and I did it on my way out.

I was at DHS today, we have 3 tickets for my family, but we were looking for a plus one. I went to the ticket booth at DHS to ask, probably the wrong place, but they were not able to even add a +1. I probably should have looked for an actual guest services place, but didn't see what I was looking for and I did it on my way out.
You might have success at MK GS but there’s no guarantee. Please let us know what happens if you decide to try this.

Apologies if this has already been covered before and I missed it further back but has anyone done the garden view fireworks dessert party yet this year and can tell me what’s on offer foodwise please?

We’re doing the party on the 28th October and have never done any kind of Disney party before. I guess I’m feeling a little overwhelmed over what order to do things in to make sure we see and do everything that we want to because it’s unlikely we’ll be going this time of year again and I’m also worried about the weather but can’t control that.

Ideally the parade and seeing Powerline Max, merch shopping and some Trick ‘R Treating, the Hocus Pocus show and the fireworks are must dos for us and then doing the Jack and Sally, Winnie the Pooh gang and Princess Daisy are if we have time. I’d like to do Haunted Mansion too to see the actors but does the LL miss them since I have DAS? Would appreciate any party first timers tips please. I should also add that we don’t have MK tickets for that day and have a reservation at The Plaza at 4:15pm so we’ll make sure we’re near the front of the pack for entry.

Do you know if they also sell at the TTC? Not going to be in MK the day of the party so didn't want to have to go all the way to the gate.

Not that has been reported here. To date it’s MK Guest Services where people are reporting being able to add 1 or 2 tickets to their existing group for a sold out party.

When do Mickey and Minnie start meeting in their costumes? Is it exactly at 7 or before?
Minnie is in the same line with Donald and Daisy (assuming there aren’t any missing). I know there were early reports of them starting early (6:30), but they did not let us in until 7.

My very long report on our MNSSHP experience:

We went on Oct 14. We were not staying onsite, and this was our only Disney World park event. Tickets were $179. The only other night more expensive was Halloween night at $199. We got some great weather- no rain at all. Just to give some context.

We also did light costuming inspired by Snow White in Wreck It Ralph 2. I had a poison apple shirt and yellow shorts, my husband had a Seven Dwarfs shirt in the colors of the prince, and I even had a shoulder porg dressed up as Dopey. The porg got a lot of compliments at this event.

We arrived at the parking lot just after 3 pm. Parked, then took the monorail over. Arrived around 3:30 pm. The gated area was already filled with people, so we started lining up off to the right. They started letting people in around 3:45, but I think they held them to just right after the gate, so we moved and then got stuck until 4 pm when we started moving again. Unfortunately for us, we chose a bad line- the group at the front did not understand that they didn’t have valid tickets. (Not clear what it was.) So jumped in a different line and finally got in. Grabbed our wrist bands. (Right wrist only?) At this point it was about 4:15 pm.

Got our treat bags and first treat (Snickers brownie bar). Ran over to Cosmic Ray’s for some food- chicken strips and fries. Hey, we just needed something to eat!

Hit up It’s a Small World (10 minute wait) and Dumbo (5 minute wait). We noticed on our way to Dumbo that people were lining up for the Winnie the Pooh gang.

At this point it was almost 6 pm. We decided to hang around for the Donald, Daisy, and Minnie character meetings. I had read early reports that they started these at 6:30 and recommended that you should get there at 5:30, but we were first in line. The CM at the front said Daisy would not be meeting tonight and it wouldn’t start ‘til 7. Fine. At 7 on the dot, we were let in and got to meet Donald and Minnie. Lovely as always.

Walked by the Winnie the Pooh meet queue- looked pretty long. We didn’t see Piglet.

Haunted Mansion was a “13 minute” wait. Carlotta was in the queue- absolutely loved it, though we didn’t get to linger long.

Saw the Country Bears walking around the Frontierland area and took a few quick photos with them. Headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean, which was listed as 20 minutes but was practically a walk-on. We did stop a bit to converse with the pirate in the queue line. The ride also featured performers during the ride in two spots. This was a lot of fun- I want more of this!

Then Jungle Cruise (15 minute wait), because my husband really wanted to go on it. No Halloween theme, but we did get some new jokes (to us). And the CMs were playing a game to find costumes represented by each letter of the alphabet. (They were stuck on X, hopefully they got it!)

Saw Jack and Sally were a 25 minute wait, so we headed there. It was actually less- only 10 minutes. Sally was not there. Jack was one of the most interesting character interactions I’ve had- I think it’s the costume, it’s just very odd! Then walked right in to meet Mickey, no wait.

Went and rode the teacups (5 minute wait) for that Halloween overlay, then Space Mountain (20 minute wait) for complete darkness.

Picked up the Not So Poison Apple milkshake from Auntie Gravity’s. I know there were some complaints that it was too sweet, but I think it was the BOMB. The ice cream was just like an apple pie. The green apple whipped cream is strange, but oddly worked for me. Marshmallow and cinnamon doughnuts just added a little oomph. I would order this again.

Hung out at the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball. George was there. (Earlier we had seen Sully and Mike while walking by.) What a great time! They played a lot of fun Disney Channel music from when I was younger- the Kim Possible theme, “Why Not” from the Lizzie McGuire Movie, etc. Honestly, I would have dedicated more time to this if I had known how fun it was.

At 10, we headed over for fireworks (10:15), then Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular (10:45), then the parade (11:15). Everything was great, though the crowd control for the fireworks and Hocus Pocus show was… non-existent. We saw one security member walk through twice. They do not appear to keep pathways cleared like regular fireworks shows, so I guess don’t bother being worried you’ll get kicked somewhere else. The parade is another story- they will clear the street. We saw the Headless Horseman- I didn’t realize that it was so quick. Loved the parade- we got some extra attention from Snow White and Dopey because of our costumes.

With the parade over, we headed over to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Got in line about 20 minutes before the park closed. Should have realized there was a problem once we got inside and didn’t move… At 12:05, they kicked us out of line because of technical difficulties. Of course, at this point, we couldn’t do anything. I wish there had been some kind of recovery offering- I would have even taken a ride on the Many Adventures of Winnie of the Pooh.

We slowly made our way out, stopping into the Emporium to see the merchandise- nothing grabbed by eye. Then got our poster and headed out on the monorail. Got back to the car around 12:30 am.

Amongst all of the above, we hit up a few trick-or-treat location. Pretty much all Snickers and Starbursts, though it was fistfuls of them.

So my quick take-away: I had a lot of fun, but I don’t know that we’ll go again any time soon. It was a lot of money for 8 hours. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it seemed like there was just more “stuff” earlier in the season. We were missing characters, there was a lack of merchandise (I didn’t find a single Halloween pin), and how is it that the Donald Duck sipper was already sold out before the midpoint of October? I would have thought that Fridays in October would have everything and be fully staffed up, or at least at the level of September, and that did not appear to be the case. The pros were the performers on Pirates and Haunted Mansion, the Halloween overlays, and the special shows and parades.

Anyways, Happy Halloween, everyone!

My very long report on our MNSSHP experience:

We went on Oct 14. We were not staying onsite, and this was our only Disney World park event. Tickets were $179. The only other night more expensive was Halloween night at $199. We got some great weather- no rain at all. Just to give some context.

We also did light costuming inspired by Snow White in Wreck It Ralph 2. I had a poison apple shirt and yellow shorts, my husband had a Seven Dwarfs shirt in the colors of the prince, and I even had a shoulder porg dressed up as Dopey. The porg got a lot of compliments at this event.

We arrived at the parking lot just after 3 pm. Parked, then took the monorail over. Arrived around 3:30 pm. The gated area was already filled with people, so we started lining up off to the right. They started letting people in around 3:45, but I think they held them to just right after the gate, so we moved and then got stuck until 4 pm when we started moving again. Unfortunately for us, we chose a bad line- the group at the front did not understand that they didn’t have valid tickets. (Not clear what it was.) So jumped in a different line and finally got in. Grabbed our wrist bands. (Right wrist only?) At this point it was about 4:15 pm.

Got our treat bags and first treat (Snickers brownie bar). Ran over to Cosmic Ray’s for some food- chicken strips and fries. Hey, we just needed something to eat!

Hit up It’s a Small World (10 minute wait) and Dumbo (5 minute wait). We noticed on our way to Dumbo that people were lining up for the Winnie the Pooh gang.

At this point it was almost 6 pm. We decided to hang around for the Donald, Daisy, and Minnie character meetings. I had read early reports that they started these at 6:30 and recommended that you should get there at 5:30, but we were first in line. The CM at the front said Daisy would not be meeting tonight and it wouldn’t start ‘til 7. Fine. At 7 on the dot, we were let in and got to meet Donald and Minnie. Lovely as always.

Walked by the Winnie the Pooh meet queue- looked pretty long. We didn’t see Piglet.

Haunted Mansion was a “13 minute” wait. Carlotta was in the queue- absolutely loved it, though we didn’t get to linger long.

Saw the Country Bears walking around the Frontierland area and took a few quick photos with them. Headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean, which was listed as 20 minutes but was practically a walk-on. We did stop a bit to converse with the pirate in the queue line. The ride also featured performers during the ride in two spots. This was a lot of fun- I want more of this!

Then Jungle Cruise (15 minute wait), because my husband really wanted to go on it. No Halloween theme, but we did get some new jokes (to us). And the CMs were playing a game to find costumes represented by each letter of the alphabet. (They were stuck on X, hopefully they got it!)

Saw Jack and Sally were a 25 minute wait, so we headed there. It was actually less- only 10 minutes. Sally was not there. Jack was one of the most interesting character interactions I’ve had- I think it’s the costume, it’s just very odd! Then walked right in to meet Mickey, no wait.

Went and rode the teacups (5 minute wait) for that Halloween overlay, then Space Mountain (20 minute wait) for complete darkness.

Picked up the Not So Poison Apple milkshake from Auntie Gravity’s. I know there were some complaints that it was too sweet, but I think it was the BOMB. The ice cream was just like an apple pie. The green apple whipped cream is strange, but oddly worked for me. Marshmallow and cinnamon doughnuts just added a little oomph. I would order this again.

Hung out at the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball. George was there. (Earlier we had seen Sully and Mike while walking by.) What a great time! They played a lot of fun Disney Channel music from when I was younger- the Kim Possible theme, “Why Not” from the Lizzie McGuire Movie, etc. Honestly, I would have dedicated more time to this if I had known how fun it was.

At 10, we headed over for fireworks (10:15), then Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular (10:45), then the parade (11:15). Everything was great, though the crowd control for the fireworks and Hocus Pocus show was… non-existent. We saw one security member walk through twice. They do not appear to keep pathways cleared like regular fireworks shows, so I guess don’t bother being worried you’ll get kicked somewhere else. The parade is another story- they will clear the street. We saw the Headless Horseman- I didn’t realize that it was so quick. Loved the parade- we got some extra attention from Snow White and Dopey because of our costumes.

With the parade over, we headed over to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Got in line about 20 minutes before the park closed. Should have realized there was a problem once we got inside and didn’t move… At 12:05, they kicked us out of line because of technical difficulties. Of course, at this point, we couldn’t do anything. I wish there had been some kind of recovery offering- I would have even taken a ride on the Many Adventures of Winnie of the Pooh.

We slowly made our way out, stopping into the Emporium to see the merchandise- nothing grabbed by eye. Then got our poster and headed out on the monorail. Got back to the car around 12:30 am.

Amongst all of the above, we hit up a few trick-or-treat location. Pretty much all Snickers and Starbursts, though it was fistfuls of them.

So my quick take-away: I had a lot of fun, but I don’t know that we’ll go again any time soon. It was a lot of money for 8 hours. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it seemed like there was just more “stuff” earlier in the season. We were missing characters, there was a lack of merchandise (I didn’t find a single Halloween pin), and how is it that the Donald Duck sipper was already sold out before the midpoint of October? I would have thought that Fridays in October would have everything and be fully staffed up, or at least at the level of September, and that did not appear to be the case. The pros were the performers on Pirates and Haunted Mansion, the Halloween overlays, and the special shows and parades.

Anyways, Happy Halloween, everyone!
What time did you see Jack? That's a great wait time for him.

Here for our party night now! Here's what we've experienced so far.
Arrived at the MK gates 3 to no crowds, so we grabbed a spot up front in line. By 3:15 lines were starting to form, by 3:30 crowds were distinguishable. This next part I didn't see reported anywhere else but maybe I missed it.

They let us in at 3:45 then held everyone at the train station. At 4, they funneled evvvveryone to the right where the first trick or treat station is and we all went behind(?) Main Street to get our bags and candy. Finally we exited right near the hub and were let free. Waits are all right around 40min, we just got off splash.

After splash we went on Big Thunder (~30min) and then Space (~20min). Just hopped in line to meet Stitch and he's already greeting guests! He's our one character we wanted to prioritize tonight so we'll see how long this ends up being.

After splash we went on Big Thunder (~30min) and then Space (~20min). Just hopped in line to meet Stitch and he's already greeting guests! He's our one character we wanted to prioritize tonight so we'll see how long this ends up being.
Also - Jack & Sally are only 45 min right now :O still a wait but nothing like what I've seen lately

Edit: just found out it may be because Sally isn't meeting tonight - Jack only

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter