"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't ride Space, but we did Peoplemover around 6:30, and the overlay was happening when we went through the mountain.

Stitch started a little before 7 but maybe by 15 minutes. A line began at 6 (we were initially on it maybe 15 people back, but the CM said he wasn't coming until 7 so DD wanted to keep moving). When we looked again later, there was a long line by 6:30.

ToT in Tomorrowland at Carousel of Progress started a few minutes before 7; it looked like they started to get the lines moving since they were building up.
Stitch started at 6:45pm. I got in that line at 6pm. It was so slow moving. I finally got to him at 7:40pm. That was the only character I was meeting.
This was on Tuesday, Sept. 13th. Only Main Street felt really crowded. Pirates was down the whole party.

I did enjoy Renatta and Broom at HM. Both were interacting well with guests for a few minutes before we went into the mansion. I still prefer her meeting on the lawn of the front of that attraction. You could stay and visit longer.

I only did 2 trick or treat areas and most of the candy I received was stuff I couldn't eat. This was a last minute trip and I was moving resorts every single day so I didn't want to deal with melted candy. I was hoping for enough chocolate to get me through the night but didn't get much of that. I really enjoyed sitting in the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor watching that show.

The weather was nice and I enjoyed the parade and fireworks. It was great to see the Headless Horseman ride and see Powerline Max. Poor thing pretty much got mobbed when they allowed people onto the street to dance. I felt bad for Max.

Lines were long for the paid treats so I only ended up getting the candy corn ice cream from Auntie Gravities which I enjoyed.

I watched the parade up by the train station and then promptly scootered in to see Mickey in his Halloween outfit and to thank him for the fun party. Then I went shopping and got the special ears that were sold at the party only. The tshirt I wanted was sold out of my size. There was no line for merchandise at that time.

Then I went up to see the fireworks. It was really crowded and I only made it up to Casey's before I was stuck by the crowds (I have to be on an ECV). I could see the fireworks fine and some of the castle projections in that spot but couldn't see the Jack puppet at all.

I was hoping to do all of the magic shots but lines for those were really long so I only did a couple before I got tired of dealing with it.

I do have to say that everything I tried to do took twice as long because of the ECV. I've noticed that is an issue all the time. But I'm just grateful I can still go and enjoy myself.

Overall I really enjoyed the party and I would do it again if I could.

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that the actors at Haunted Mansion aren't in their regular spots on the lawn? Is that true? Anyone know what time they've been coming out?

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that the actors at Haunted Mansion aren't in their regular spots on the lawn? Is that true? Anyone know what time they've been coming out?
I don't know what time they come out (probably near 7pm) but you have to go thru the Haunted Mansion line to see them.
They were on the left side in the tomb stone area before the main door into the Mansion and before Leota's Tomb with the moving eyes.

Just wanted to say that we had a great time at the Tuesday (9/13) party! Other than POTC being down all night, the rest of the party was great, crowds very manageable (even though it was sold out), and all the shows were great! People were going a bit crazy for the merch, though personally I didn't much care for this year's theme (too orange). It was a great night though!

I apologize if this has been asked before......I dug through a number of pages but there are 90 which is overwhelming! We have a last minute opportunity to be in Orlando this week. Obviously party tix are sold out for Friday but was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting them at the gate or calling and getting tickets? Hubby and I would love to go! Thanks!

I apologize if this has been asked before......I dug through a number of pages but there are 90 which is overwhelming! We have a last minute opportunity to be in Orlando this week. Obviously party tix are sold out for Friday but was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting them at the gate or calling and getting tickets? Hubby and I would love to go! Thanks!
People are reporting that calling is not beneficial as the parties are all sold out. There is the occasional post by someone who was successful at the gate but there are also others reporting they were unsuccessful at the gate. If you have the time it's worth a try but it could go either way.

People are reporting that calling is not beneficial as the parties are all sold out. There is the occasional post by someone who was successful at the gate but there are also others reporting they were unsuccessful at the gate. If you have the time it's worth a try but it could go either way.
Thank you!!!!!! Guess we won't waste our time and just hit another park or walk around Disney Springs. :)

The party was so much fun tonight. The kids (6 and 3) had a blast, loved the trick or treating, parade, dancing with max and the hocus pocus show. We arrived at 5 and stayed until midnight. Yes it’s pricy but we walked away not regretting the money spent at all. It was very humid but I will take that over rain any day (and it’s September in Florida, of course I was expecting the humidity haha). It was busy by not crowded. It wasn’t unbearable by any means.

Party report! After miserable forecasting, there was NO RAIN last night! We got there around 345 and were pretty far back in the crowd. We did pick a good line that ended up splitting in half and they started a few minutes early. We were wristbanded and through the archway by 405. We got our first candy and the bags and headed to Frontierland. Btmr was 15 and Splash was 20, accurate wait times. After that we did a quick Dumbo and got in line for Pooh around 615. They didn't start greeting till 7 and the line moved pretty quickly after that and was finished at 8:05 (they took 5 mins breaks every 20-30). Hopped on Dumbo and met up with a friend in the hub, catching the 835 show. We went on pirates which said 20 mins but was more like 5 mins. The actors weren't all that exciting and it was only in 1 spot. We got stranded by the parade at that point and watched the last few floats from behind many people. Reclaimed some allergy candy and rode Space with 0 wait. Caught the fireworks. Rode Buzz (5 min) and Space (10 min) again. Watched the whole parade, second showing. It took a while to get to us (we were at the beginning of the hub circle), so I think they started late. After that it was like 1150 and we were too tired to do anything else. Headed to the front of the park where we got stuck by the parade again. Got more allergy candy and left. Waited for about 2 monorails to get to the car which wasn't too bad. Left with a TON of candy. Can't wait for next year! Currently driving home very tired.

Takeaways:
-2 hour line for a 30 second interaction with Pooh and friends in costume wasn't worth it. I think I'd rather pay for a character dining experience rather than waste time in line again when we could've been doing rides.
-We did a lot of treat trails (my friend loves candy), and I wish they factored in number of tiles into how much allergy candy they gave. Not that if you have no tiles you get very little, but I came in with like 10 tiles and they gave me 6 pieces of candy. It's a different person doing tiles vs candy, so if you want a lot of allergy candy, come back several times.
-when you aren't hitting the parade, make sure you keep aware of the timing of it and pick a side of the park to be in. We got stranded several times on a part of the park we were done with. Additionally, the castle area cut through and side passes are closed, so keep that in mind.PXL_20220919_134733084.jpg

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been covered **somewhere** in this thread . . . party crowds. I'm curious to hear a crowd comparison of pre-Covid (2018/2019) party crowds vs Boo Bash 2021 crowds vs party crowds this year. Can someone who experienced all 3 compare? I'm thinking ahead to Christmas party crowds and assuming they will follow a similar crowd pattern. I don't mind paying the increased price for Boo Bash/Merriest After Hours-type crowds, but have no interest in re-experiencing 2018/2019 party crowds, even at the old prices, much less the new ones. Thanks!!

The party was so much fun tonight. The kids (6 and 3) had a blast, loved the trick or treating, parade, dancing with max and the hocus pocus show. We arrived at 5 and stayed until midnight. Yes it’s pricy but we walked away not regretting the money spent at all. It was very humid but I will take that over rain any day (and it’s September in Florida, of course I was expecting the humidity haha). It was busy by not crowded. It wasn’t unbearable by any means.
My kids are the same age we are doing a Christmas party. Was the excitement enough to keep them going that late? We have a stroller so if they give out it doesn’t matter but I’d love to make it all night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter