"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom just weighed our candy from the party on 9/11 and from all 10 of us, we had about 15.6lbs of candy. Some of us only went through 1 or 2 candy spots while others went through more. Our plan for trick or treating was to hit them as we see them and while some of us were on rides, those that weren’t going on did some more in the area.

Also, we never made our way past 7 Dwarfs the whole night, never making it to New Fantasyland or Adventureland but that’s because we were having so much fun in the other half of the park!

But here’s a picture of the display my mom made back in our hotel room.

EF4350C8-01AE-43B8-9D7D-E9B080CD58B9.jpeg

Only downside about last night was Pirates was down all night. Closed at 7pm and never reopened.
I rode it before the party started and they were having difficulty with the boats. We were stopped half way through and sat there for a few minutes.

IMO: attended last night and had a blast. I have been to several parties in the past but last night was much better. You can tell it wasn’t crowded, curious to know the amount of tickets sold?? Multiple new magic shots. Candy trails are best after 9pm. They give more and no waiting!!!! Ride wait times were less than 5 minutes. Meet and greets were all over the park. Popular characters had longer waits. At 10 pm I waited 15 minutes for Alice and Mad Tea Hatter not bad!! Hopefully Friday is just as good.
I also went last night and loved it! Felt way different than the 2019 party that felt packed to the gills to me. Much happier with this one.

I saw the parade for the first time, loved it. Space in the dark was fun. DAS worked as previously reported. Weather was great. Didn’t make it to the stage show. Watched the fireworks from between Philharmagic & Pinocchio’s dining area. If you just wanna see some fireworks and hear the music and not deal with crowds it’s ideal. Not crowded + great for jumping to your next ride, gotta crane your neck but it felt like I was surrounded by fireworks which was cool. Did treat trails if I came upon them with minimal lines, have more candy than I care to transport to CA- but I’m working on eating some of it so I don’t have to leave any behind 😂

I left before the 2nd parade, got tired lol. Called a MV from the Main St train station area as the headless horseman came by for the second parade, took about 20-25 mins to arrive. Caught the Max Powerline party in the meantime, that was cute!

I also went last night and loved it! Felt way different than the 2019 party that felt packed to the gills to me. Much happier with this one.

I saw the parade for the first time, loved it. Space in the dark was fun. DAS worked as previously reported. Weather was great. Didn’t make it to the stage show. Watched the fireworks from between Philharmagic & Pinocchio’s dining area. If you just wanna see some fireworks and hear the music and not deal with crowds it’s ideal. Not crowded + great for jumping to your next ride, gotta crane your neck but it felt like I was surrounded by fireworks which was cool. Did treat trails if I came upon them with minimal lines, have more candy than I care to transport to CA- but I’m working on eating some of it so I don’t have to leave any behind 😂

I left before the 2nd parade, got tired lol. Called a MV from the Main St train station area as the headless horseman came by for the second parade, took about 20-25 mins to arrive. Caught the Max Powerline party in the meantime, that was cute!
Were the fireworks pretty loud behind the castle? We may try watching from back there since it’s less crowded and I’m trying to decide if I should bring my 2 yo some headphones.

Were the fireworks pretty loud behind the castle? We may try watching from back there since it’s less crowded and I’m trying to decide if I should bring my 2 yo some headphones.
Yes. Very loud, bring the headphones.

When they started this unsuspecting woman walking in front of me screamed her head off poor thing (quickly recovered, just extremely startled).

I agree about the fireworks, very loud! I'd also agree about the headphones.

We saw Enchantment back in June and didn't feel it was worthwhile last weekend to squeeze in the hub this time (I watched the new Walt additions previously online and could hear the audio from Fantasyland.)

Turns out DD can't handle the noise from Fantasyland and decided to jump on Small World after the fireworks started. (I stayed and it was very empty and with plenty of space to walk around). DD came out of the IASM saying it sounded like someone was banging on the roof of the attraction with a big hammer.

Also, if you’re going to watch one of the parades, I thought the music was loud since it was also coming out of the floats right in front of us. It was even louder because I’m pretty sure we were standing right in front of some speakers. The gravediggers and their shovels were also loud. My nephew was asleep during the parade and woke up startled by them.

Yes. Very loud, bring the headphones.

When they started this unsuspecting woman walking in front of me screamed her head off poor thing (quickly recovered, just extremely startled).
I agree about the fireworks, very loud! I'd also agree about the headphones.

We saw Enchantment back in June and didn't feel it was worthwhile last weekend to squeeze in the hub this time (I watched the new Walt additions previously online and could hear the audio from Fantasyland.)

Turns out DD can't handle the noise from Fantasyland and decided to jump on Small World after the fireworks started. (I stayed and it was very empty and with plenty of space to walk around). DD came out of the IASM saying it sounded like someone was banging on the roof of the attraction with a big hammer.
Thank you both. I’m not 100% he’ll even make it to the fireworks but I don’t think we’ll watch from fantasyland. I’ll plan on bringing his headphones just in case

Went last night. Overall the crowds weren't bad. Very disappointing pirates was down essentially all night. Frankly with some of the down times rides are experiencing it feels like WDW needs to close for a few weeks and they just fix everything. With all the recent nickel and diming they are doing I doubt it's for lack of finances.

We didn't trick or treat so can't report on candy other than from what I saw it seems it was a lot of Easter candy. Odd.

Parade was cool, weather was nice. Miss the free drinks and popcorn and Ice cream bars.

Would I do it again? Probably. But only because I love the parks at night.

Besides character lines, is there anything that is MNSSHP-ready at 6:00 or 6:30. At what time do these begin: special snacks, live actors at PotC, dark overlay at Space Mountain, Carlota and Renata at HM, Halloween jokes at Monster’s Inc?

at what time they put the tape for parades and fireworks?

TIA!

Besides character lines, is there anything that is MNSSHP-ready at 6:00 or 6:30. At what time do these begin: special snacks, live actors at PotC, dark overlay at Space Mountain, Carlota and Renata at HM, Halloween jokes at Monster’s Inc?

at what time they put the tape for parades and fireworks?

TIA!
I didn't ride Space, but we did Peoplemover around 6:30, and the overlay was happening when we went through the mountain.

Stitch started a little before 7 but maybe by 15 minutes. A line began at 6 (we were initially on it maybe 15 people back, but the CM said he wasn't coming until 7 so DD wanted to keep moving). When we looked again later, there was a long line by 6:30.

ToT in Tomorrowland at Carousel of Progress started a few minutes before 7; it looked like they started to get the lines moving since they were building up.

Thank you both. I’m not 100% he’ll even make it to the fireworks but I don’t think we’ll watch from fantasyland. I’ll plan on bringing his headphones just in case
I don't know position-wise if the fireworks for Halloween nights differ from Enchantment, but I was on Big Thunder one night during fireworks and watched for a few minutes afterward from there (and a few others were there too). Didn't seem as loud.

Dang the rain chances for Sunday were 40% and now they’ve gone up to 80%.
Hopefully it'll change again for you.

Speaking of weather, what apps/sites do you all recommend for keeping track of the weather? My trip is coming up and I want to have an idea what's going on. No idea what I did last time.

Speaking of weather, what apps/sites do you all recommend for keeping track of the weather? My trip is coming up and I want to have an idea what's going on. No idea what I did last time.
Brian Shields with WFTV and Denis Phillips with ABC Action News. Both are pretty active on FB. Denis does live tropical updates and is very personable and no hype.

I like Mike’s Weather page on Facebook.

Dang the rain chances for Sunday were 40% and now they’ve gone up to 80%.

Hopefully if anything, it’ll only be a light drizzle!

Last Sunday, our forecast was going between 80-90% and we never were in anything more than a drizzle. It rained a bit while we were waiting for a bus to MK, but that was the most it rained all night.

Hopefully if anything, it’ll only be a light drizzle!

Last Sunday, our forecast was going between 80-90% and we never were in anything more than a drizzle. It rained a bit while we were waiting for a bus to MK, but that was the most it rained all night.
We’ve been getting some nasty storms every night so I’m hoping that’s not what happens on Sunday. It’s weird because we usually get afternoon storms but not lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter