"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have party maps at the front of the park all the time or only on party nights? And or do they have them at the hotels?

I’m planing to draw my game plan for general lands to be in with rough time blocks on one with sharpie so my giant group can more or less stay in the same zone even if we’re splitting up for specific things. Not worth it to me to pay 6$ on eBay but worth it to grab from a resort or the front gate the day before for sure.

Do they have party maps at the front of the park all the time or only on party nights? And or do they have them at the hotels?

I’m planing to draw my game plan for general lands to be in with rough time blocks on one with sharpie so my giant group can more or less stay in the same zone even if we’re splitting up for specific things. Not worth it to me to pay 6$ on eBay but worth it to grab from a resort or the front gate the day before for sure.
I don’t know the answer but I have one from tonight i can mail to you.

There is a picture of one posted on the pg. 1 of the thread. You might be able to print it.

Attended the party today 8/23! Was a lot of fun, but missed a lot.

Long story short we split up to start the day. Group 1 did big thunder a late lunch and little mermaid, then around 420 the rain set in, group 2 had arrived and we all were trying to do splash but it was down. So we did pirates, and tiki room, got our wristbands and hit up haunted mansion right around 6, then small world, and Peter Pan.

We had a ILL for mine train from 5-6 but since it was down at that time we could use it during the party! This was a highlight! After this the rain had pretty much stopped. Then we hit up Winnie the Pooh, we also stopped at all the treat stations we passed.

We got lucky while waiting to ride Winnie the Pooh, Pooh and friends came back from break and waved and gave my girls high fives. I wanted to wait to meet them but the line was over an hour and we couldn’t justify that.

Headed back to dumbo, barnstormer and the Disney junior dance party.

Again wanted to wait for Minnie, Donald and daisy but they couldn’t even give me an estimated wait time and just didn’t seem to make sense to us. We stopped at cosmic rays for some not great food and the dance party, the kids loved the dance party!!

We then did space in the dark, this was not my favorite! Some more trick or treating, caught the fireworks but missed the parade and decided to head out.

I am bummed I missed the parade, but just means I need to come back another time!

Overall I really enjoyed the few things we did specific to the party, and I didn’t think the crowds were to bad. I think if your waiting for characters or only doing Halloween party specific stuff it may seem busier.

Eta - I did a lot of research and mostly knew what to expect but my sister was shocked at how most CMs had no idea, no idea how long the waits were, where wristband distributions are, what food is available etc etc.

Last edited:

I don’t know the answer but I have one from tonight i can mail to you.
That would be amazing, sent you a pm!
There is a picture of one posted on the pg. 1 of the thread. You might be able to print it.
Great minds I guess because that’s what gave me the idea. Unfortunately I have not yet found an online pic of the map with high enough resolution. My mom and step dad are in their 60s and get squinty in low light/aren’t familiar with the park at all so I need the words to be legible. If you’ve seen a high res version I would truly love that!

Attended the party today 8/23! Was a lot of fun, but missed a lot.

Long story short we split up to start the day. Group 1 did big thunder a late lunch and little mermaid, then around 420 the rain set in, group 2 had arrived and we all were trying to do splash but it was down. So we did pirates, and tiki room, got our wristbands and hit up haunted mansion right around 6, then small world, and Peter Pan.

We had a ILL for mine train from 5-6 but since it was down at that time we could use it during the party! This was a highlight! After this the rain had pretty much stopped. Then we hit up Winnie the Pooh, we also stopped at all the treat stations we passed.

We got lucky while waiting to ride Winnie the Pooh, Pooh and friends came back from break and waved and gave my girls high fives. I wanted to wait to meet them but the line was over an hour and we couldn’t justify that.

Headed back to dumbo, barnstormer and the Disney junior dance party.

Again wanted to wait for Minnie, Donald and daisy but they couldn’t even give me an estimated wait time and just didn’t seem to make sense to us. We stopped at cosmic rays for some not great food and the dance party, the kids loved the dance party!!

We then did space in the dark, this was not my favorite! Some more trick or treating, caught the fireworks but missed the parade and decided to head out.

I am bummed I missed the parade, but just means I need to come back another time!

Overall I really enjoyed the few things we did specific to the party, and I didn’t think the crowds were to bad. I think if your waiting for characters or only doing Halloween party specific stuff it may seem busier.

Eta - I did a lot of research and mostly knew what to expect but my sister was shocked and how most CMs had no idea, no idea how long the waits were, where wristband distributions are, what food is available etc etc.

Thanks for the party report! Hopefuly people keep reporting back on how the parties went, as it is both helps others plan and is also fun to read!

I think it is definitely tough to get everything done in one party. So don't be bummed!

I felt the same way when my last possible party day got sold out. I would still like to experience it once, but from what I've seen and heard from the ones so far it seems to be a chaotic mess between the weather and other issues.

The last party we attended several years ago was virtually rained out. Both the Glow Nights we went to this year and last, it was rainy and actually cold. Weather is a big problem with these parties and while Disney will sometimes refund, they don't always and I'm just tired of wasting money on them. There's nothing Disney can do about Florida weather, but I think long and hard about it now because it's more likely than not that rain will be an issue this time of year at least in the evenings. When I add in the crowd levels, it makes less and less sense to me. We had such bad experiences at the last to MNSSHP's we went to that I'm burned on risking it again-and the reports of hours long waits for characters tells me it's just as bad as ever. I don't expect Disney to change- obviously they are still selling them out like crazy, but they just aren't for me under those conditions. Bring back After Hours!!!!

Thanks for the party report! Hopefuly people keep reporting back on how the parties went, as it is both helps others plan and is also fun to read!

I think it is definitely tough to get everything done in one party. So don't be bummed!
Parade was great. Fireworks were great. Trick or treating was insanely generous (601 pieces of candy for two people). The rain and the humidity afterwards made all the mist effects really spooky. Pirates was so much fun. Didn’t get to the Hocus Pocus show or meet any characters. Buses were good afterwards. We’ll be back next Tuesday!

Parade was great. Fireworks were great. Trick or treating was insanely generous (601 pieces of candy for two people). The rain and the humidity afterwards made all the mist effects really spooky. Pirates was so much fun. Didn’t get to the Hocus Pocus show or meet any characters. Buses were good afterwards. We’ll be back next Tuesday!
Holy you did well on the candy!! How many trails did you hit?

I have a question for everyone who has to fly with their candy back home. I see the above post mentioning ziploc bags. Is it ok to just leave it all loose in a backpack being used as a personal item or would it be best to just go ahead and use the ziploc bags and place them into the backpack?

My six year old is suddenly very excited about the trick or treating…

I think I know the answer to this however wanted to confirm, looking at 10/16 to attend the MNSSHP, are the tickets refundable or transferable if flights don't make it in time or if something happens? First thought was 'no' however wanted to check with the board on this.

Also, do you need a MagicBand if just attending party or do they simply wristband you? Most likely won't be there until 4-5 p.m. local time. Any other tips, tricks, etc are appreciated, I'll check the FAQ and page 1 of thread thanks!

I have a question for everyone who has to fly with their candy back home. I see the above post mentioning ziploc bags. Is it ok to just leave it all loose in a backpack being used as a personal item or would it be best to just go ahead and use the ziploc bags and place them into the backpack?

I know there were reports from the beforetimes that TSA was making people take the candy out and inspect it closely because all those fun sized candies come up weird on the x-ray machine. So, that would be much easier to do if you have it bagged separately.

We don't use ziploc, but we are bringing freebie string bags to hold excess candy during the party (the bags they give are tiny) and then to pack it for the flight home. I love them because they are small and light when empty but hold a ton. Right now, each of my kids only has a personal item, no carry on, so I have some flexibility to bring home more bags than I leave with, if need be.

If possible, I'd bag them in gallon Ziplocs and pack them in checked luggage so I could avoid any hassle at TSA.

Also for the Magic shots and pictures that will be taken, do you need to purchase a package to partake? What if you don't have a MagicBand? Do they load them on a card or something for viewing later?

I think I know the answer to this however wanted to confirm, looking at 10/16 to attend the MNSSHP, are the tickets refundable or transferable if flights don't make it in time or if something happens? First thought was 'no' however wanted to check with the board on this.

Also, do you need a MagicBand if just attending party or do they simply wristband you? Most likely won't be there until 4-5 p.m. local time. Any other tips, tricks, etc are appreciated, I'll check the FAQ and page 1 of thread thanks!

If another party is available still, they will usually let you switch dates and pay the difference, if applicable. However, as parties are selling out weeks in advance, that's unlikely to be an option for a day-of flight delay. They will also let you convert that value to a credit for future use on tickets, parties, etc, but it's not a refund.

You need some form of media (Magic band, hard ticket, ticket loaded onto digital wallet app) to get in and then they also wristband you.

Also for the Magic shots and pictures that will be taken, do you need to purchase a package to partake? What if you don't have a MagicBand? Do they load them on a card or something for viewing later?

They will happily take as many pictures as you'd like, and then can scan an MB or hard ticket to link them to your account. You will not be able to download or view without the watermark unless you pay for them. You can buy individual shots, a one-day download package for $69, or a longer memory maker package to download photos for the length of your vacation ($169 3 days in advance, $199 less than 3 days in advance).

Given that you're asking about MBs, I would make sure that you indicate you want any tickets you purchase to be mailed to you, not emailed. They will send you the hard ticket that you can then use to get into the park and scan with photopass photographers. We have MBs but I always keep a backup set of hard tickets in our wallet in case someone in our party loses our band.

Would 'MagicMobile' on a phone work so I could purchase digital tickets, link them to MagicMobile via MDE and then I can enter the park, etc that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter