"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what "less" is being offered this year? I've been to MNSSHP parties many times in the past, and I'm not seeing what "less" is being offered this year. I see all the same stuff as usual: Boo To You Parade, Halloween Fireworks, Hocus Pocus Stage Show, Trick or Treating, Ride Overlays, Character ops, Magic Shot photo ops. What's missing? Side note - I went to 2 different Boo Bash After Hours events last year and liked them. I thought they were a fun mini version of the MNSSHP, minus the fireworks and stage show, and with Halloween cavalcades instead of Boo-To-You parade. They were also much less crowded than the last 2 MNSSHP's I attended in 2019 (while noting that they were more crowded than in years gone by, they were still totally fun, we saw the shows, rode tons of rides, etc.)

Actually I’m not sure what ”less” is being offered I was just responding to a post...however I did hear somewhere that the parade would be missing some of the previous features And I’m not sure about the quantity of character meets....I also attended the Boo Bash last year and liked it a lot I just wish they were offering it this year.

So, I'd love to be wrong and that that less isn't being offered. I would expect that, if it happens, it'll be characters, fewer times for the stage show, and fewer performers in the parade.

I hope very much that I'm wrong but, in looking at how many meets are still missing from MK on a regular day, I'm worried that they won't have the entertainment staff to do the full party the way we're expecting.

Today, you still can't find the following in MK: Alice, Peter Pan, Merida, Ariel, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Pluto, Gaston, Jasmine, Aladdin, Winnie et al in Crystal Palace or by their ride, Mary Poppins, Aurora (she was by the fire station before, right?), and I'm not sure if that's complete. I know they've announced returns over the course of the summer, but it still feels like they need to ramp up a *lot* more to do the full character offering by mid -August parties.

Along with other characters throughout the parks, Peter Pan and Snow White return to MK on July 10th.
That's great! I'm glad to see any forward progress.

That said, 3 more (Minnie will be back with Mickey, yes?) out of a list of about 15 is less progress than I had hoped we'd see a month before the first parties.

Reactions: rlk
That's great! I'm glad to see any forward progress.

That said, 3 more (Minnie will be back with Mickey, yes?) out of a list of about 15 is less progress than I had hoped we'd see a month before the first parties.
There's hope...
Disney Blog posted that Aladdin, Jasmine, Merida, Pooh, Tigger, and Storybook Circus characters --The Great Goofini in Pete’s Silly Sideshow will be returning in the coming weeks. Also, more characters returning to the other parks as well.

I am still hoping that Winnie the Pooh and Friends return to Crystal Palace.

There's hope...
Disney Blog posted that Aladdin, Jasmine, Merida, Pooh, Tigger, and Storybook Circus characters --The Great Goofini in Pete’s Silly Sideshow will be returning in the coming weeks. Also, more characters returning to the other parks as well.

I am still hoping that Winnie the Pooh and Friends return to Crystal Palace.
I'm trying to balance hope with pragmatism. My girls will be thrilled with whomever is back by our late August visit, but I'm trying not to set our expectations too high and disappoint then. I definitely squealed when I read that announcement, though. :-)

was considering tickets for our Columbus day/week trip, but calendar shows nothing available after Oct 7, so most of Oct, already sold out?
I thought I remembered last year seeing posts about chances of 'day of' tickets being available, sometimes, nothing guaranteed? Guess we could hope for that. Also, last year, did any dates like show w availability later in the season, even after not having any at the start, like did they do any other releases?

was considering tickets for our Columbus day/week trip, but calendar shows nothing available after Oct 7, so most of Oct, already sold out?
I thought I remembered last year seeing posts about chances of 'day of' tickets being available, sometimes, nothing guaranteed? Guess we could hope for that. Also, last year, did any dates like show w availability later in the season, even after not having any at the start, like did they do any other releases?
Only Oct 31 is sold out.EBE47B6A-2C04-43BE-B586-E0B3530D85C7.jpeg

Thank you!!! I didn't realize when I was searching, that I had checked 'products/prices for DVC...' I just unchecked that, and saw all the dates. Thank you!!!
Now back to planning. If AP sales come back, may not even do this, but if not, this will serve as my MK day. just need to decide on date (and our HHN date. )
We're doing the same thing, MNSSHP is our MK day.

We have a park pass for Epcot on our party day and are going to use our party ticket to hop over to MK at 4 rather than buying a park hopper ticket. I don’t suppose anyone knows if we can book LLs for MK while we are in Epcot during the day just using our linked party tickets?
If I had to guess, I would think it would not work. To me, it. seems park tix talk to each other in their system, but they don't seem connected to events in my past experience. Could totally be wrong so hopefully you hear back experiences before your trip, but just my thought on how it'll work.

I was going to go to the party on Halloween but I notice its sold out.

I check undercover tourist, Sams, T-mobile, and Disney and none have it

Am I out of luck? I was just buying 1 ticket.

Yeah

Yeah I tried to get cute and wait for my credit card cutoff lol. Also I though Undercover will have them for a few days if they sold out on Disney. I guess im $210 richer.

Hopefully you’ll be able to go another night if that interests you.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of disappointed people in Disneyland. Every ticket for EVERY Oogie Boogie Bash sold out in less than 5 days!! :oops:

Wont be able to do it as I arrived the late in the 29th and will do Horror Nights on the 30th with some friends and cant change the date as they are leaving on the 31th. I guess ill head to DHS and then have a rest day in the middle of my trip. I am still hitting the Christmas Party the 8th.

So excited, we got tickets today for Oct. 30th. We did MVMCP last year, it was our first Disney party, and it was so much fun so I'm really excited for MNSSHP! It's a quick trip for us this year so it's nice to do something a little special.

I linked my tickets today and everything seemed like it worked fine but the party doesn’t show up in MDE plans. Does it take awhile to show or does it just not link?

I linked my tickets today and everything seemed like it worked fine but the party doesn’t show up in MDE plans. Does it take awhile to show or does it just not link?
It doesn't show in your MDE plans. You can add it as a note for the day.

I will be attending my first MNSSHP since 2015!🥳
Any advice on which ride overlays are worth the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter