Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

We were there on Sunday 9/11 and did not see any issues with the lines for Halloween. We were at the beginning of the second line/holding area across from the tribute store-the first holding area is near Jimmy Fallon. Maybe the shenanigans happen later and further back in the line. We got in line just after 4:30 so I recommend if you want to be at the front of the line be there more like 4-4:15. We still had a good jump on the crowds and would have worked out perfectly except Dead Mans and Chupacabra didn't open til like 7:15.
Yeah - I'm sure they learned from the previous issues and adjusted

Jlane, I’ve gone solo for three times now. Will be going solo tonight and probably Friday night too. You will be fine.

Yeah, last night was a sell out. Would think a Saturday night would be the one to see that happen. Saw Halloween house listed at 110 minutes around 10pm. I like that house, maybe one of my favorite, but eek that time listed. But not nearly as crowded as I experienced last Sunday night.

Plus, nothing like a private tour. We walked right to the entrances, and had line stop to let us in, and had access to drinks and twice food, with more desserts and drinks until close to park close. Way to do it, if can do, particularly if you only have one night.

Hi all. I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights, but we are thinking about going this year. I see Universal recommends a minimum age of 13. What do y'all recommend? My kids are 12, 11 and 9. They really want to go. I think my 12-year-old is mature enough to enjoy the high of making it through the night even if he is scared and will love bragging to all his friends. I'm hesitant about the other two kids because my husband and I have never been and don't know what to expect. We aren't sticklers for ages on movies and I do let them watch PG-13 and probably some R-rated movies depending on the content and reasoning for rating. How scary is this? Is it just haunted houses and spooks on the streets?

I'm sorry if this has been asked 1000 times! I ran a search before posting and couldn't find an answer.

Is it just haunted houses and spooks on the streets?
Fairly intense houses, but it's not just "horror". It's also the shows that have adult themed content you may not be comfortable with them seeing/hearing.

Honestly, I've seen kids have a blast at HHN. I've seen equally as many miserable and crying to go home. It's so tough for anyone online to guide you because we don't know your kids' tolerance - nor yours for the adult themed stuff.

Can you google you tube videos and get a sense from past years?

Hi all. I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights, but we are thinking about going this year. I see Universal recommends a minimum age of 13. What do y'all recommend? My kids are 12, 11 and 9. They really want to go. I think my 12-year-old is mature enough to enjoy the high of making it through the night even if he is scared and will love bragging to all his friends. I'm hesitant about the other two kids because my husband and I have never been and don't know what to expect. We aren't sticklers for ages on movies and I do let them watch PG-13 and probably some R-rated movies depending on the content and reasoning for rating. How scary is this? Is it just haunted houses and spooks on the streets?

I'm sorry if this has been asked 1000 times! I ran a search before posting and couldn't find an answer.
How do they do with scary?
That's the question only you know the answer to
We took DGD, and her Mom, to HHN at 11. She wanted to go. We knew it was a close call, based on how she did with scary stuff in general.
She hated it.
We didn't think we was going to go in the houses, even I wasn't doing the houses then. But even the scare zones were too much for her. One encounter with the scary clowns with chain saws and she was ready to go. We knew it was a risk going in. She and her mom headed back to the resort.
We brought her back 2 years later and she loved it. Did all the houses.

I need help from the HHN experts. This is our 1st go at this event. It will be myself and 4 older teen girls. We are not doing any extra add on pass so straight ticket. We have identified 4 houses we really want to do. We will stay until they run us out. Advice???? What time should we arrive at the park??? We plan to eat a meal
On citywalk before we enter. Is there any order we should go in??? So crowds decrease the later it gets??? We are going on a Thursday.

HELP!

Fairly intense houses, but it's not just "horror". It's also the shows that have adult themed content you may not be comfortable with them seeing/hearing.

Honestly, I've seen kids have a blast at HHN. I've seen equally as many miserable and crying to go home. It's so tough for anyone online to guide you because we don't know your kids' tolerance - nor yours for the adult themed stuff.

Can you google you tube videos and get a sense from past years?
Thanks for the reply. I watched youtube videos last week. Nothing looked scary to me, but I was afraid I was missing something. I thought I'd ask here for others' perspectives before I took the kids.

How do they do with scary?
That's the question only you know the answer to
We took DGD, and her Mom, to HHN at 11. She wanted to go. We knew it was a close call, based on how she did with scary stuff in general.
She hated it.
We didn't think we was going to go in the houses, even I wasn't doing the houses then. But even the scare zones were too much for her. One encounter with the scary clowns with chain saws and she was ready to go. We knew it was a risk going in. She and her mom headed back to the resort.
We brought her back 2 years later and she loved it. Did all the houses.
Thank you for the reply. I think my kids do ok with scary when they know it is an act. Now if we were camping and they hear something in the woods, it might be a different story. ;) When I watched the HHN youtube videos it doesn't look scary to me. I suppose I'd jump if someone came up behind me and yelled "boo", but I wouldn't call that scary to the point my kids shouldn't visit. I didn't know if I was missing something though, so I thought I'd ask for 2nd opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I watched youtube videos last week. Nothing looked scary to me, but I was afraid I was missing something. I thought I'd ask here for others' perspectives before I took the kids.
I agree with the previous poster that it's just not the horror, there is other adult themed content. I feel like the overall atmosphere is not kid friendly - lots of drinking (sometimes from people who don't handle it well), swearing etc. I've watched a few Youtube videos of house walkthroughs and to me, it doesn't capture what it's really like when you're there. The houses (and even some of the scare zones) are very dark (or foggy) with sudden LOUD sounds, people/things jumping out at you etc. Ultimately, you know your kids the best but I'd be tempted to wait a few years (or just take your oldest).

Any tips for for getting uber back to Disney resort? Is it best to walk over to hard rock hotel to get uber from there?

I agree with the previous poster that it's just not the horror, there is other adult themed content. I feel like the overall atmosphere is not kid friendly - lots of drinking (sometimes from people who don't handle it well), swearing etc. I've watched a few Youtube videos of house walkthroughs and to me, it doesn't capture what it's really like when you're there. The houses (and even some of the scare zones) are very dark (or foggy) with sudden LOUD sounds, people/things jumping out at you etc. Ultimately, you know your kids the best but I'd be tempted to wait a few years (or just take your oldest).
Ok, that is what I needed to know. Maybe I'll take my younger two kids to see Cirque Du Soleil while hubby takes my oldest to HHN. Or, maybe I'll get lucky and can convenience them watching the new Hocus Pocus movie in the room is waaaaay better than either of those!

Asking for a friend, but if, due to the incoming hurricane you rescheduled your ticket for a later night, would Universal require you to pay the difference if the night you were moving the ticket to cost more?

Asking for a friend, but if, due to the incoming hurricane you rescheduled your ticket for a later night, would Universal require you to pay the difference if the night you were moving the ticket to cost more?
This is a question you need to contact UO and get their answer

With the present weather situation, I am sure UO staff will work with each situation individually

They will work with you and can make a bad situation a golden one

The company wins and you win.

We are not going to HHN till 2023, but I'm following along here to learn what and when I need to book or purchase things. I am 99% sure that we will book the RIP. I just have a couple questions:
1) Will we miss anything significant by skipping the lines? Are they themed? Do you get information that will make your experience in the house better? I saw that the line for one of the houses is basically a dance party. Will there be anything else that we will miss doing the tour and skipping the lines?
2) Am I understanding correctly that the RIP includes an Express Pass so that once the tour is over we can then repeat a house or do the rides using Express Pass? Or, is that something that has to be paid for separately? I know that we have to buy the HHN ticket separately from RIP. Would I have to pay for Express Pass separately also, or is that included in the RIP?

I need help from the HHN experts. This is our 1st go at this event. It will be myself and 4 older teen girls. We are not doing any extra add on pass so straight ticket. We have identified 4 houses we really want to do. We will stay until they run us out. Advice???? What time should we arrive at the park??? We plan to eat a meal
On citywalk before we enter. Is there any order we should go in??? So crowds decrease the later it gets??? We are going on a Thursday.

HELP!
What are the 4 must do houses?

We are not going to HHN till 2023, but I'm following along here to learn what and when I need to book or purchase things. I am 99% sure that we will book the RIP. I just have a couple questions:
1) Will we miss anything significant by skipping the lines? Are they themed? Do you get information that will make your experience in the house better? I saw that the line for one of the houses is basically a dance party. Will there be anything else that we will miss doing the tour and skipping the lines?
2) Am I understanding correctly that the RIP includes an Express Pass so that once the tour is over we can then repeat a house or do the rides using Express Pass? Or, is that something that has to be paid for separately? I know that we have to buy the HHN ticket separately from RIP. Would I have to pay for Express Pass separately also, or is that included in the RIP?
I'm not sure what next year will be but for this year ...

After the tour is over you can't repeat a house with RIP credentials but can get in regular line. With RIP credentials you have express access for rides before and after the tour.

Definitely check out the details of RIP tour on the Universal/Halloween Horror Night website as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter