Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

7:00 entry into the Christmas After Hours Party?
Yout question has been merged with the Official Christmas Party thread. Please read the first posts for a lot of great information.
This is the official Christmas After Hours thread. The info on page one confirms 7 o’clock entry. It is kept up to date with info from posters who attended. Any questions will get answered quickly there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ry-merriest-after-hours-thread.3845424/unread
Thanks so much!! Now merged. Appreciate your help!

Alright here is my party synopsis:

I was already in the park. Got wrist band in tomorrow land around 6:50. I did an enchantment dessert party.
After enchantment I headed straight for mansion and I rode mansion, pirates and thunder all walk on.

I headed to tomorrow land and danced with stitch.

It was then parade time. Found a spot easily. Watched parade by castle then immediately went up and got spot for stage show and fireworks. In between stage show and fireworks I was easily able to go grab free treats and come back.

the entertainment was worth the cost alone. It was great.

After fireworks I went to SDMT- waited about 15 mins. Then Peter Pan. Peter Pan would have been 10 mins but it went down for about 10 mins.

by then it was 12:40- bee lines to thunder mountain- walk on got to choose my seat.

then at 12:52 I got on splash for last ride of the night.

I had an amazing time and would do it again. It did rain tonight. They canceled the first stage show. The second one went on. Not sure after that.

the only con I can name is that the buses from movies is taking a long time. It's 1:40 and no bus.
Looks like you had a great plan, did you watch the early or late parade? We're going later this month and trying to get a plan together. Thanks

They ran the stage show! 100% make time for this it's amazing!
Glad to hear it. We were there on the 19th and it rained. No parades or shows. Cast member told us no fireworks. We were there for about an hour. Got to the hotel soaked and cold -- then found out that they did have the fireworks after all. lol Glad it worked out for you. Never know with that rain.

They first announced a character sighting of Jiminy Cricket, but I haven't heard of anyone seeing him. Wonder why not?

I assume still no reports of them selling same-day tickets to sold out parties like they did at Halloween?

I am wondering with all of the news in the last few days if some might cancel their December trips, and then some tickets might become available... I know we had tickets to the Halloween event, but I cancelled it (and went to DLR instead) over COVID concerns in Florida at the time. They refunded me (very kind that the CM offered this option), and I assume our tickets were resold as day-of tickets since they did that almost every night of the Halloween events.

I had to cancel my Dec trip And need to cancel my party tickets, does anyone have a direct line? I called regular ticket services, waited a long time, got transferred and then dropped the call. Also has anyone been successful with a refund?

Just home from my trip! Went to the Nov 30th party for my birthday :cloud9:. Had such an amazing time!!

Was a little later to the line to get into the park than I wanted (6:45 ish?). They let people in at 6:55. Lines moved fast and we got in about 7:05.

We got in line for mine train at 8:10 and walked on. We got off and got right back in line, and walked on again.

Watched both showings of the parade once on mainstreet and once in frontierland. The snoap machines on mainstreet were drowning us 😭. It was a little too much for my liking... And I am a snoap enthusiast 😅.
I know they had cut out some things since last time I had seen the parade, but it still made me very happy.

Mickey and Minnie's very merry memories show was so good! I didn't know what to expect but it was so much fun. Very much recommend the watch if you find time.

Walked on the astro orbiter during the christmas fireworks and it was so beautiful watching them from up there. Probably the highlight of my night.

The party said sold out as we walked in, but everything we rode was a walk on and I didn't feel like it was over crowded, especially from 11:30 pm to 1am.

Very happy I went! Was a great birthday for me.

Great to hear that. Wish our weather was good. Still working on a refund of some sort but haven't heard back from Disney. We really enjoyed the party in 2016. Great walking on rides and seeing the fireworks like that without the crowds.

THE BANANAS ARE BACK! We did an AH event at MK in 2019 and my kids ate a bazillion of the chocolate covered bananas. They have been missing since the parks reopened but I just heard they are back! Just in time for our trip.
So……if any banana enthusiasts go to VMAH can you see if, by chance, they added them back into the included frozen treats?

Went to last night’s (December 2) Christmas party. I’m here for an 8 day trip, with an AP, so I have plenty of time for rides at MK, so I chose to prioritize the entertainment and magic shots over rides, but the lines seemed pretty short from what I saw while walking around. I did ride Space Mountain at about 8:30 with a less than 10 minute wait, Haunted Mansion about 10:15 with a 10 minute wait, Laugh Floor around 11:30 with about a 10 minute wait, and caught a Jingle Cruise at about 12:30 with a 10 minute wait (Skipper Camilla was really good).

I arrived at MK about 5:30, waited for a picture, did PotC and BTMR with about 20-25 minute waits each, then I went to the hub for Enchantment, and managed to sneak my way into a fairly central spot (being solo and short, nobody seems to care, as long as I don’t stand in front of their kids).

After Enchantment, I crossed the bridge from the hub to between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to find someone handing out bands. The CM checking bands on the Tomorrowland side told me to go to Fantasyland, and the CM on the Fantasyland side told me to go to Tomorrowland, but when I politely told her what the other CM said, she let me go get my wristband at Philharmonic. Then I turned around and went back toward Tomorrowland because I wanted popcorn.

The CM at the popcorn cart said “we’re not open until 9.” I was bummed, and starving, but decided to kill time by hopping on Space Mountain. When I got off, the popcorn cart was open, 10 minutes before 9, with a long line 😡 I resisted the urge to make a smart remark to the popcorn guy who had turned me away 10 minutes earlier. I hit the popcorn stand in the hub, which was not open yet, but only had half a dozen families in line. I got ice cream, popcorn, and soda, then grabbed a spot on the curb in the hub to eat, and wait for the stage show.

The stage show was a ton of fun, and my spot on the curb let me turn around and sit down for an unobstructed view for the first parade. And since I was on the far side of the front of the hub from where the parade was coming, it came at me straight on before passing, allowing for some great pictures.

Then I did Haunted Mansion, and found a couple magic shots, and went back to the hub for fireworks. I got a spot next to a trash can against the front hub fence, and a helpful dad parked his stroller in front of me and protected my view. I also got to sit on the fence and gain a couple inches without worrying about blocking anyone behind me. The fireworks show was wonderful!!

After fireworks, I headed over to Tomorrowland in search of magic shots, and stopped to do Laugh Floor on the way. I never did find the 2 magic shots in Tomorrowland, but I did find all the others before the night was over.

I got the chocolate covered marshmallow on the way out, but I haven’t eaten it yet. The wait for a YC/BC bus wasn’t too bad, but we did end up with non-Disney bus, so it took a long time to load everyone on, and the driver apparently stopped in an odd spot at YC, more by the main entrance, instead of the bus stop (I wasn’t paying much attention since I’m at BC, but someone behind me asked where we were and that’s what we figured out)

Seems the consensus is lines for rides are pretty short. What is the crowd like for after hours fireworks? Do you need to get a spot early to watch from the hub or is it not like Enchantment? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter