• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

based on the experiences I'm reading about, it may be a good idea to catch the first parade/stage show, as there is no guarantee they will do the others if there are weather issues.

Also, shout out to the wonderful photopass photographers who took the time to make photos special for every family. I watched as they really went out of their way to get great shots, never rushing families along! I love that! I feel like Disney is slowly getting back that magical customer service, slowly but surely.

based on the experiences I'm reading about, it may be a good idea to catch the first parade/stage show, as there is no guarantee they will do the others if there are weather issues.
Yes, normally I would say wait for the second (or later) shows, because they tend to be less crowded. But, if this is a one and done experience, I would catch the first show, just in case. If weather is a non-issue on the night of your event, then it would be less of a worry.

I know this has been asked before (and I've searched for the better part of an hour trying to find the answer!) but have to ask for friend-- Enchantment at 8 pm/Park closes at 8pm/VMAH starts at 9-- for day guests, what is the 'park exit procedure' after the fireworks end? Are they permitted to stroll down Main Street-- getting a snack or shopping at the Emporium just as they would on a regular closure/non-party night? No one is trying to ride rides or anything of that sort-- just wondering if they get the same experience as they would on a non-party night?

I know this has been asked before (and I've searched for the better part of an hour trying to find the answer!) but have to ask for friend-- Enchantment at 8 pm/Park closes at 8pm/VMAH starts at 9-- for day guests, what is the 'park exit procedure' after the fireworks end? Are they permitted to stroll down Main Street-- getting a snack or shopping at the Emporium just as they would on a regular closure/non-party night? No one is trying to ride rides or anything of that sort-- just wondering if they get the same experience as they would on a non-party night?
I don’t know for sure, but I’d expect not. We had the fireworks dessert party on a Very Merriest night, and we were quickly funneled down the side behind the Main Street shops and out of the park right away. I don’t know what they do if you’re on Main Street, but I think they probably do not allow any lingering.

One few last things as I remember them...
- Disney could do alot better on the entrance procedure. Even getting there at 7, 6 hours is not alot of time especially for the price, so the vast majority are there before 7. It was a madhouse waiting in a huge crowd, packed in together. Not to mention that the process to hand out bracelets right after the turnstiles is inefficient and just leads to more crowds and flustered cast members. They should really just hand out those rubbery bracelets for people to put on themselves.
- We were the only ones on our bus at 1:45. Photopass photographers on Main Street were taking photos way past 1am and they did a GREAT job.
- Santa is kind of hidden near Sleepy Hollow but they have a really cute setup.
- They handed out some chocolate covered marshmallow Mickey head cookies as you walked out and they were SO GOOD. The snickerdoodles were really good too but we missed the variety of the different free offerings as in previous Christmas parties. Every place had cocoa and snickerdoodles.

Does anyone know if there is an event specific pin? Usually I collect the pins for special parties and such (like MNSSHP).
I did read that a lot of the merchandise was available outside of the party, does that mean a lot of the holiday merchandise can be found in Disney Springs or other parks?

I attended the 11/18 AH and it was great.

Muggy and it never got not hot and muggy enough to put on my holiday sweatshirt (and I stayed until 12:50AM) but still very festive. There had been rain during the day and it ended up sprinkling off and on all night.

They did not let us in untill just a couple of minutes before 7. I had gotten there at just after 6 and was like 6th in line.

They put newbies on the braclet hand out and the girl we had could not figure out how to put on the bracelets so that bottle necked quickly.

I rode most most of the B list rides before nine. I did not go to the front to see the regular fireworks and instead walked straight on to IaSW and PP. The only ride I waited for was Jingle Cruise and I got in line for that right around 8:10 and maybe had a 15-20 minute wait. About half way through the wait they announced that the ride was now up to a 45 minute wait.

After that I headed through Liberty Square and they had just lined up for snacks so I got in line grabbed a variety (planned to eat my ice cream while walking and was going to hang on to the popcorn) and was going to head over to line up for some more rides when I realized that the rocking chairs were empty and I was pretty warm so I decided to go ahead and sit and watch the first parade. Great seats, talked to a bunch of people who came by and sat around. The parade was really good and I'm glad I watched it as the second parade ended up canceled due to rain.

After that I wondered around, rode something else (maybe Haunted) and made my way to the front of the park. I set up right under the tree at the beginning of main street (there were a few of us) and waited for the fireworks. Also took some pictures for people who wanted to have a Christmas tree shot. That spot was great and the fireworks were really good and I'm not even a huge fireworks fan.

After that I went and rode stuff on the right side of the park, grabbed some more snacks and then ended the night riding Splash.

I thought it was worth the money. It was not crowded (and there had been signs up that it was sold out) and I walked on to just about everything. I will add the caveat that I did not ride Space, Dwarves or Thunder because of some back issues but I really didn't see many lines for them either.

It absolutely cleared out after the announcement that the second parade was canceled (they did some cavalcades instead).

I purposely left the park at 10 minutes before close to try to beat some of the bus crowds and I ended up sitting on the first bus that came. I was maybe about 15 people back but even when we left it was standing room only but not packed crazy tight.

I grabbed a water on my way out and I had asked how late they would be passing out snacks (on my way to Splash) and they said at 1AM on the dot they would close down the carts.

Does anyone know if there is an event specific pin? Usually I collect the pins for special parties and such (like MNSSHP).
I did read that a lot of the merchandise was available outside of the party, does that mean a lot of the holiday merchandise can be found in Disney Springs or other parks?

I looked around a bit, but didn't see any, but I also didn't spend a ton of time in the shops.

They had folks stationed at every land and they were herding everyone without a bracelet out. It seemed a lot stricter than in year's past.

One few last things as I remember them...
- Disney could do alot better on the entrance procedure. Even getting there at 7, 6 hours is not alot of time especially for the price, so the vast majority are there before 7. It was a madhouse waiting in a huge crowd, packed in together. Not to mention that the process to hand out bracelets right after the turnstiles is inefficient and just leads to more crowds and flustered cast members. They should really just hand out those rubbery bracelets for people to put on themselves.
- We were the only ones on our bus at 1:45. Photopass photographers on Main Street were taking photos way past 1am and they did a GREAT job.
- Santa is kind of hidden near Sleepy Hollow but they have a really cute setup.
- They handed out some chocolate covered marshmallow Mickey head cookies as you walked out and they were SO GOOD. The snickerdoodles were really good too but we missed the variety of the different free offerings as in previous Christmas parties. Every place had cocoa and snickerdoodles.
Where were the chocolate cookies at??

so much great information here! Thank you to all who took time to give tips. We are going to the party tomorrow and driving in from over 2 hrs away! Any advice for parking for the easiest and fastest exit after the party ends? Can we park at contemporary and walk over? What will our parking options be for this party?

And good lord! It is has been a while since I have been to Magic Kingdom. I forgot about the hell that is the TTC. Anyway, looks like we cant park at a resort hotel without a reservation. Two questions if anyone can please help! We are leaving here in 2 hours! What transportation is running to and from the party? Buses only? And is it worth it to pay for preferred parking in this situation? THANK YOU!

So are party exclusive stuff (photopass, Santa meet, gingerbread funnel cake) not starting until 9 even though MK closes at 8?

I may have missed this, but if you are in the park before 7, what time can u get your party wristband at Tortuga or Tomorrowland? I’m hoping before 8!

We've done a couple of pre-pandemic after hours events and really enjoyed them. Glad to hear mostly positive reviews about this one and looking forward to going when we are there in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter