Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I have tickets for the Nov 14th date and am really wondering if we have any idea what time the holiday fireworks will be? I see the Enchantment fireworks at 8:00 on the schedule, anybody want to hazard a guess at the time for the Christmas fireworks. Hard to make a plan without knowing.....

I have tickets for 11/9. We're running the half marathon the weekend before (11/7) and leave on the 10 so thought it would be a fun way to wrap up the trip! Maybe others had the same idea?

Nov 11 sold out too. I wonder if they will add more like they did for Boo Bash (?) 🤔

I actually don't think they will.

Capacity guidelines were very low when the Boo Bash tickets went on sale, then capacity mandated numbers were increased a few weeks later. It also was probably that at the same time Florida's C19 numbers were climbing steadily so there were a lot of cancelations being discussed and folks rescheduling. But once that passed and tickets started selling out they didn't do another round of 'extra' tickets.

Since then, there hasn't been any additional talk of large increases in capacity mandates.

It feels like maybe they started out with the availability for Merriest with the numbers they eventually ended up with for Boo Bash, and are not hitting those sell out dates as fast. (again maybe C19 but also probably just the price structure)

But with Disney who knows. Profit always wins out.

I actually don't think they will.

Capacity guidelines were very low when the Boo Bash tickets went on sale, then capacity mandated numbers were increased a few weeks later. It also was probably that at the same time Florida's C19 numbers were climbing steadily so there were a lot of cancelations being discussed and folks rescheduling. But once that passed and tickets started selling out they didn't do another round of 'extra' tickets.

Since then, there hasn't been any additional talk of large increases in capacity mandates.

It feels like maybe they started out with the availability for Merriest with the numbers they eventually ended up with for Boo Bash, and are not hitting those sell out dates as fast. (again maybe C19 but also probably just the price structure)

But with Disney who knows. Profit always wins out.

Yup, a ton of people cancelled for Boo Bash early on, because Covid numbers were going through the roof, myself included. I think that was a big reason for extra tickets being on sale.

I wouldn't count on the same thing happening for this after hours, but you never know

I’m thinking sales will pick up and dates will sell out quickly if first few nights yield a good response but I’m wondering what if anything Disney might do if ticket sales don’t pick up for this event...they can’t very well drop the price after people have bought tickets...

I’m thinking sales will pick up and dates will sell out quickly if first few nights yield a good response but I’m wondering what if anything Disney might do if ticket sales don’t pick up for this event...they can’t very well drop the price after people have bought tickets...

Certainly not. They would have too many annoyed guests, and lines at GS.

They did exactly this in 2016. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but if you google "Disney After Hours Event Now Discounted for Annual Passholders and DVC Members" it says Disney offered 50% off. This was back in 2016, and I remember many angry posts here on this site.

They did exactly this in 2016. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but if you google "Disney After Hours Event Now Discounted for Annual Passholders and DVC Members" it says Disney offered 50% off. This was back in 2016, and I remember many angry posts here on this site.
Looks like that was for some random April/May nights - I can't see them doing it for something like Christmas, but then again, who knows? Black Friday is coming after all..
I'll be pretty miffed if they do, but of course it's their product and they can choose to sell it for whatever price they like.

Has there been any information on if the Christmas parade will be happening after the parties are done? They always used to do that, but I didn’t know about this year, it looked like it was exclusively for the Christmas party. It’s my favorite thing at Disney but I can’t handle spending over a thousand dollars to see it which would be the case for my family of 4. I know there is a lot more offerings than that, but my husband’s never been a fan of the parties cause of the lateness. I can’t see him agreeing to pay more for an even later party. But we will be there Christmas week so if there was any chance to still see the parade, I’d schedule a magic kingdom visit for a day after December 21st.

Just noticed that description of “free” snacks includes “seasonal treat” any idea what this might be ? I’m thinking a single piece of chocolate as you leave at end of night....the previous MVMCP always included cookies and other snacks but of course they did not offer ”free ice cream, drinks and popcorn...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter