Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

If you don’t have tickets to merriest how do they kick you out? Like can we still hang out on Main Street?

I'm an annual pass holder with a park reservation for AK. I also have a ticket for the After Hours party at MK later that night. I assume I can go to AK from 8am to about 12 noon, go back to hotel and rest up. Then park hop to MK at around 5pm to get a jump on the few rides that will not be operating during after hours (and to beat the 7pm crowd waiting to get in). Is that doable and if so, do I have to clear out of park and re-enter or can I just stay in park and show proof that I have party tickets? I assume they give you a wrist band to identify party guests. This is our first party and we're excited.
Thanks
That’s my exact plan lol. In the past you can get wristband in the parks. After this starts people will post where to do it.

If you don’t have tickets to merriest how do they kick you out? Like can we still hang out on Main Street?
They will start to check wrist bands for all rides and shops and walking around. The park closes at 8 on party nights. I am going to assume since there will be special party fireworks and parade they will de diligent about usher folks out who don't have wrist bands.

That’s my exact plan lol. In the past you can get wristband in the parks. After this starts people will post where to do it.

I've been debating for days if I should change my plans or add another ticket to my day. I means what's another $100 lmao!

right now my flight lands at 11am. My plan was to go to Disney springs and then the party but I've really been debating just heading to MK..

my hesitation is then when would I get to DS? I do want to go there..

I have 2.5 more days.. it just feels like a hassle to go to Disney springs on any day I plan to be at a park. I dunno!

With no resort discounts, except for AP’s, one could only imagine how many guests have plans or will plan?? I know I bought my December vacation back in June, and looking at prices now, it was cheaper for me to keep what I have instead of using my AP at the resort I have chosen.
The only "resort discount" for AP is so limited that it's a joke.... literally for only 12 days in Dec. And the regular rates for that time are so astronomically high .... and..... the availability so limited.... the best I could find was $500 a night for a standard king room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Ridiculous.... hard pass!

I've been debating for days if I should change my plans or add another ticket to my day. I means what's another $100 lmao!

right now my flight lands at 11am. My plan was to go to Disney springs and then the party but I've really been debating just heading to MK..

my hesitation is then when would I get to DS? I do want to go there..

I have 2.5 more days.. it just feels like a hassle to go to Disney springs on any day I plan to be at a park. I dunno!
My dd always trying to get to Ds. Sometimes we leave a park and do it then come back. You can take bus from MK and get off and hop on from there to Ds. It’s kind of fun, we grab 1st bus for the most part. You don’t want AKL/Allstars. Those would make the trip longer.

Also if interested walk to Cr or gf and bus from there. We enjoy seeing resorts so it works.

It is interesting no dates are sold out.
Will the price keep people away?
Will dates sell out as it gets closer and Disney does more holiday marketing?
Will they sell a lot of tickets day of? That's happening with boo bash right now... people in vacation in vacation mode might be more willing to spend that much in the moment...

We are just a month away from the first holiday party!

For me its the price mixed with the watered down experience that is keeping me from buying. If it was a normal mickey party like pre pandemic days, then maybe. Price needs to drop about 40-50 for the nights I wanna go in December for me to consider it personally. I originally really wanted to go to see Enchanted, but after seeing that online, that's disappointing also.

Who knows though. I will take the wait and see approach to it

Perhaps someone answered but I've seen them set up lines of cast members at key points so if you don't have a wristband you can't go past. Eventually that gets non-party people in less and less areas of the park. I actually don't know what would happen if you just tried to park yourself ...say in front of the train station or the exit tunnel. Since they plan to do a parade with this Christmas after hours event, I'd think they would eventually have you out to the area in front near the turnstiles if not all the way out. I've always wondered though exactly how they get people to move if they've sat down somewhere - do they ask them?

FWIW I've always had a ticket and will have one for the upcoming Christmas AF event.

What are the differences between this Christmas event compared to the ones in the past other than character experience? We went in 2016 and had a great time but people are telling me that this one will be a huge difference from the ones in the past. Looking over the website - I don't see any differences at all.

What are the differences between this Christmas event compared to the ones in the past other than character experience? We went in 2016 and had a great time but people are telling me that this one will be a huge difference from the ones in the past. Looking over the website - I don't see any differences at all.
From what I have seen, and I will say this isn't from first hand experience as I haven't been to the Christmas Party before, it looks like the hours are shorter, and there looks as though stage shows are missing. As a result of the shorter hours, I think there might only be one parade instead of two. Character meet and greets might not happen as before as well. I think that might be the main differences. Other than that, they look very similar. The price tag is very high though. If it were just a bit lower we would be all in to attend. But, that price over $200 a person makes it really hard to buy in. We are still debating.

We've been wanting to do an after hours event for a bit and were too late making moves on Boo Bash. Opted to do Very Merry on the 18th and we are PSYCHED.

We're gonna use the day to sleep-in, have a slow start, dinner at Narcoosee's at 5 before heading to MK... then be ready to rock, roll, and carol until they kick us out. I'll caveat that by saying we are a young couple that do not have kids and want to ride space mountain a bajillion times while enjoying feeling like "we have the park to ourselves". We definitely know we paid the premium for the event but don't mind since we are folks who know that our disney trip will always include many forms of the Mickey Tax™️.

We've been wanting to do an after hours event for a bit and were too late making moves on Boo Bash. Opted to do Very Merry on the 18th and we are PSYCHED.

We're gonna use the day to sleep-in, have a slow start, dinner at Narcoosee's at 5 before heading to MK... then be ready to rock, roll, and carol until they kick us out. I'll caveat that by saying we are a young couple that do not have kids and want to ride space mountain a bajillion times while enjoying feeling like "we have the park to ourselves". We definitely know we paid the premium for the event but don't mind since we are folks who know that our disney trip will always include many forms of the Mickey Tax™️.
I hope it lives up to your expectations! I agree your plan sounds like an awesome time and if I thought it would go like that I’d probably splurge for tickets. But unfortunately the Boo Bash reviews haven’t been great and don’t lead me to believe the “having the park to yourself “ feeling will play out. Hope I’m wrong!

I hope it lives up to your expectations! I agree your plan sounds like an awesome time and if I thought it would go like that I’d probably splurge for tickets. But unfortunately the Boo Bash reviews haven’t been great and don’t lead me to believe the “having the park to yourself “ feeling will play out. Hope I’m wrong!

Thank you :) Yes, will definitely report back!

So on the party days the park closes at 8 and Enchantment is listed at 8. Does that mean that the regular guests aren't supposed to stay for Enchantment? I assumed that regular park passes that day would allow for the night show viewing even though it was listed at park closing time. Then would need to leave if you didn't have a after hours ticket. My husband and I are at disney 3 days next month and our MK day is a party day. I was thinking we would be able to see Enchantment. Not sure yet if I want to buy the extra hours tickets yet.

You won't be able to hang out on Main Street. I have actually seen cast members politely go up to guests/families that don't have wrist bands and ask them to leave. And the cast members are extremely polite but firm... and explain that it is a paid event and without a ticket they must leave. Then stand and wait for them to proceed to the exit.

From what I have seen, and I will say this isn't from first hand experience as I haven't been to the Christmas Party before, it looks like the hours are shorter, and there looks as though stage shows are missing. As a result of the shorter hours, I think there might only be one parade instead of two. Character meet and greets might not happen as before as well. I think that might be the main differences. Other than that, they look very similar. The price tag is very high though. If it were just a bit lower we would be all in to attend. But, that price over $200 a person makes it really hard to buy in. We are still debating.

Thank you. Yeah, it was $90 or so back in 2016 and you got 5 hours - 7 PM-MIDNIGHT. This time - it is 4 hours. You were allowed to enter the park at 4 PM the day of with the special event ticket in 2016. The 7 PM-MIDNIGHT was nice since we have small kids. Price tag is insane.

Thank you. Yeah, it was $90 or so back in 2016 and you got 5 hours - 7 PM-MIDNIGHT. This time - it is 4 hours. You were allowed to enter the park at 4 PM the day of with the special event ticket in 2016. The 7 PM-MIDNIGHT was nice since we have small kids. Price tag is insane.
This is what gets me. Not obviously a problem for me this year as my trip is next but 9 p.m.?!! At least for my kids they would be passsed out!

So on the party days the park closes at 8 and Enchantment is listed at 8. Does that mean that the regular guests aren't supposed to stay for Enchantment? I assumed that regular park passes that day would allow for the night show viewing even though it was listed at park closing time. Then would need to leave if you didn't have a after hours ticket. My husband and I are at disney 3 days next month and our MK day is a party day. I was thinking we would be able to see Enchantment. Not sure yet if I want to buy the extra hours tickets yet.

i believe day guests Stay fir enchament then they move them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter