Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I took the suggestions of others and logged into MDE first. Then went to the special events section of tickets. We check into WDW on 12/21st - and that was the only date the website would allow me to purchase tickets for.

Like a previous poster, it did pull in an estimate I had done earlier this week - and had not cleared out. So, I had to clear the cart - and then redo the tickets. But, we have our tickets - for 12/21st. :)

Like you said, I would assume you didnt see it because of your December travel dates.

We've never done an After Hours event like this, but from what I understand, once you logged into your account to purchase these tickets, you only saw dates that fell within your travel dates. That being said, since we know there were no discounts for December, it didnt want to tease you with showing you discounts but then not letting you apply them!

Yes. It didn't take long to figure I was only going to see the dates the week we are there. The only thing was the Friday night 12/10 wasn't showing available so I don't know what that was about because Friday was my first choice. I wouldn't think it was sold out but perhaps Disney is holding sales on that date until Aug 20?

HELP! I have been trying since 6:25 am and on hold for an hour.
I am logged into MDE. I can see my reservation for Nov 16-19. When I go into Tickets and Passes, then click Special Events, it takes me to a page with Boo Bash and the Christmas Party but it says Christmas is not yet available.
What am I doing wrong?!?!

I am logged into MDE. I can see my reservation for Nov 16-19. When I go into Tickets and Passes, then click Special Events, it takes me to a page with Boo Bash and the Christmas Party but it says Christmas is not yet available.

Maybe better to enter the Special Events page directly vs navigating to it? I also had some trouble this AM even after logging into MDE and had to type the URL into my browser directly.

Interesting... I purchased on my desktop since I'm at work and had zero issues.

When I checked my MDE app to purchase tickets, it gave me a "not yet available" notice instead.

If you are using the app and not having any success, I would switch to desktop/laptop/tablet and see if that works.

Just a thought.

I had to call since I had a Boo Bash ticket I was hoping to transfer and it worked.

I was on hold about 45 minutes and with only a small glitch I now have a ticket for Merriest.

I was the cast member’s first call today and he was ‘I don’t think I can do that, let me check’. What he meant was he didn’t think he was handling ticket calls (I think he was a resort representative) but he came back and said yes he was just told he could book the AH tickets.

He needed the confirmation number from my Boo Bash email, he verified my resort reservation and transferred the ticket, charged my card for the difference and the ticket changed in My Disney Experience as soon as I refreshed.

Call took about 5 minutes.

I will say I first called the number they listed on the webpage and got a message saying my wait time was 167 minutes.

Then saw a post here that had a different number (someone up thread was told to call a number back at 7 Eastern) and I called that and went straight to ticketing and my hold was only about 45 minutes.

Sounds like it’s mostly going smoothly. I took the day off anticipating much worse so I may go back to bed now 😂
Curious, was your boo bash ticket for a sold out date? I’m curious to see if we see some availability show up due to people changing to this AH or if they’ll hold those tickets for day of sales.

I took the suggestions of others and logged into MDE first. Then went to the special events section of tickets. We check into WDW on 12/21st - and that was the only date the website would allow me to purchase tickets for.

Like a previous poster, it did pull in an estimate I had done earlier this week - and had not cleared out. So, I had to clear the cart - and then redo the tickets. But, we have our tickets - for 12/21st. :)

Interesting. I had the same thing but just went to edit the trip and clicked the x to clear it and After Hours were still there. I did panic but didn't want to clear out everything just in case.:scared:

Curious, was your boo bash ticket for a sold out date? I’m curious to see if we see some availability show up due to people changing to this AH or if they’ll hold those tickets for day of sales.

it was for Aug 31, which hadn’t sold out last time I looked, but I have seen a number of post of people switching dates from Aug to Fall/Winter.

I think those most Sold Out nights were in later Sept and Oct so they probably haven’t felt the need to postpone yet.

If Covid numbers remain high they might start rescheduling for those later dates but it’s probably too early to tell, and I’m not sure if there would be enough for availability to show up online. I have seen people blog/vlog that walk up tickets have been available for a few of the nights so far.

Tickets are nonrefundable for any reason including cancelation according to WDW Website. How can WDW justify keeping up to $269 even if they cancel the event or have to close again due to pandemic? If I buy a ticket and then don't go, I understand no refund. But if the event doesn't happen due to WDW decision, it seems to me this is an unethical money grab on their part.

Tickets are nonrefundable for any reason including cancelation according to WDW Website. How can WDW justify keeping up to $269 even if they cancel the event or have to close again due to pandemic? If I buy a ticket and then don't go, I understand no refund. But if the event doesn't happen due to WDW decision, it seems to me this is an unethical money grab on their part.
I'm sure if they cancel the event you will receive a refund.

With how easily we're all getting these ticket I wonder two things:
1. Are we the only folks buying these?
2. Is Disney selling like 50k tickets for each of these "low attendance" events?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter