Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Fingers crossed my Dreams Unlimited TA can get my ticket for 12/2 today! It looks like everyone who purchased online today, so far, has had success! Congratulations! :santa::cool1:
My TA (not dreams unlimited) was able to get our group of 13 tickets! I received the email confirmation (in two batches) and emailed her back right away! She mentioned that they never asked about resort guests or not which is odd. Maybe that’s a TA thing? How did Disney know you guys have a resort stay if you did it through the special event website? Did you have to enter in reservation numbers?

Tip I learned after a while of frustration - make sure to clear your cart. I had an issue where it kept pulling up an item saved in my cart while trying to purchase and not my actual reservation.

Lesson learned after trying to figure out for a while: make sure to clear your cart.

You don’t need a park reservation.
I learned that lesson this morning! :rotfl2: I had not cleared my cart from a previous planning session and ended up booking an additional trip on top of my event tickets! Ha! I was too scared once I secured the Xmas tickets to try to clear my cart. Now I have to go back and cancel my new trip reservation. I probably will call instead of doing it online, too worried about my Xmas tickets somehow getting messed up! Fun times!

How did Disney know you guys have a resort stay if you did it through the special event website? Did you have to enter in reservation numbers?

I did not have to reference any existing reservations.
I was logged in to my account on one tab and clicked the link shared here on another tab. I was moving fast, but I think it only showed me party dates for my stay.....

Going 11/19.
Easy cheesy lemon squeezzy🤑
Disney's IT has come a long way.
Anyone else figure these tix are better than buying the anticipated paid Fastpasses?
With the testing in Paris, smart money says paid Fastpasses will be at WDW for the 50th. With these tickets its like a whole stack of Fastpasses plus 2 fireworks shows, a parade, snacks and more.

My TA (not dreams unlimited) was able to get our group of 13 tickets! I received the email confirmation (in two batches) and emailed her back right away! She mentioned that they never asked about resort guests or not which is odd. Maybe that’s a TA thing? How did Disney know you guys have a resort stay if you did it through the special event website? Did you have to enter in reservation numbers?
Yay!!! Your TA was on her toes to get that many tickets! I just got the email from Disney that my 12/2 ticket was purchased! Love those travel agents! Now I’m off to link it to MDE!

I was geared up for this to be difficult, but it was exceptionally easy. Got our reservations for 12/17 in under 5 minutes online!

I’m so annoyed. I’ve tried all I can to get into the page but it says that tickets aren’t up yet. 🙄

No matter what card I use, it keeps giving me a processing error and asking me to use another card. I have the funds, but it won't let me purchase the tickets. Perhaps the mouse has finally cut me off!!! Anyone else getting this message when trying to check out?

WOoohoo- Got 11/30 for my wife's birthday!

of note: if your not logged into your account (with reservations on property) you wont be able to purchase (yea- i forgot to log on...)

I also DID make a park reservation for the party day- Have AP, so we can enter before 7pm and browse around, eat or whatever.

Here's what my page looked like:
View attachment 597769
I was kind of surprised the PP was saying this but yeah, this is what they usually do. I've seen this many times when purchasing party tickets but since I never purchased them on the first day I figured it just wasn't showing. I also didn't see this but maybe because of the December purchase date?

No matter what card I use, it keeps giving me a processing error and asking me to use another card. I have the funds, but it won't let me purchase the tickets. Perhaps the mouse has finally cut me off!!! Anyone else getting this message when trying to check out?
No, I haven't but they already had my credit card on file so I was surprised when that popped up.

I was kind of surprised the PP was saying this but yeah, this is what they usually do. I've seen this many times when purchasing party tickets but since I never purchased them on the first day I figured it just wasn't showing. I also didn't see this but maybe because of the December purchase date?
Like you said, I would assume you didnt see it because of your December travel dates.

We've never done an After Hours event like this, but from what I understand, once you logged into your account to purchase these tickets, you only saw dates that fell within your travel dates. That being said, since we know there were no discounts for December, it didnt want to tease you with showing you discounts but then not letting you apply them!

I had to call since I had a Boo Bash ticket I was hoping to transfer and it worked.

I was on hold about 45 minutes and with only a small glitch I now have a ticket for Merriest.

I was the cast member’s first call today and he was ‘I don’t think I can do that, let me check’. What he meant was he didn’t think he was handling ticket calls (I think he was a resort representative) but he came back and said yes he was just told he could book the AH tickets.

He needed the confirmation number from my Boo Bash email, he verified my resort reservation and transferred the ticket, charged my card for the difference and the ticket changed in My Disney Experience as soon as I refreshed.

Call took about 5 minutes.

I will say I first called the number they listed on the webpage and got a message saying my wait time was 167 minutes.

Then saw a post here that had a different number (someone up thread was told to call a number back at 7 Eastern) and I called that and went straight to ticketing and my hold was only about 45 minutes.

Sounds like it’s mostly going smoothly. I took the day off anticipating much worse so I may go back to bed now 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter