Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Since getting into this running game, I have been doing two halfs a year. One in the Spring, One in the Fall.

I am still striving to do a Spring half possibly late May / Early June. I may do a half somewhere in North. For sure in a state that I haven't done a half.

Since, I didn't get registered for Wine & Dine, I may do a fun one like the Rock and Roll in Vegas or something that lines up with KC Chiefs road games.

Will for sure do the virtual run series this summer. I kind of wish they made an opportunity to run the Rival Run medals a virtual run, at a discounted price (after refunds).

I've had the same thought. I really hope not.

What makes you think that runDisney would end? I know this is pandemic is bad and will have an effect on TWDC in every aspect. I do think that the parks will recover from this. I do think that TWDC will need to provide discounts in the short term based off similar situations with 9/11 and the 2008 recession. I just don't think this will end RD overall. Wine and Dine still sold out in minutes even with the Coronavirus threat looming.

It will also be interesting to see if this is the end of rundisney period

I was wondering that but I don't think so.

Let's remember one of the reasons rundisney exists is to get people in the parks during slower times if the year. I anything they had been getting to the point on crowds where one could question if that was still needed. However, after this is over they will need a lot of incentives to get people to come in and rundisney is definiteely a good way to do it. In fact this could help push anaheim races to come back for that reason.

Thet last clause about more information ccoming sooon on future races was a bit concerning but I think it may just be they don't want to do registratiions while the parks are closed and until things are a little more clearer on things whiich would make sense.

At least I hope so....

I was wondering that but I don't think so.

Let's remember one of the reasons rundisney exists is to get people in the parks during slower times if the year. I anything they had been getting to the point on crowds where one could question if that was still needed. However, after this is over they will need a lot of incentives to get people to come in and rundisney is definiteely a good way to do it. In fact this could help push anaheim races to come back for that reason.

Thet last clause about more information ccoming sooon on future races was a bit concerning but I think it may just be they don't want to do registratiions while the parks are closed and until things are a little more clearer on things whiich would make sense.

At least I hope so....
I 100% agree.

Glad Disney made the right decision and did it sooner rather than later. I'm disappointed and hope I am able to maintain legacy status, but a refund is more than I thought would happen. I'll wait for my virtual medal to arrive and hope for better days ahead.

So, are we assuming a continuation of park and resort closures will soon follow this? We are still keeping our reservations until an official announcement.

Resorts officially close at 5pm today. Once they is done I think we get an announcement on the parks toonight or tomorrow.

I think they should’ve given the option to still do the race virtually if you signed up, so they could still keep the money - and maybe include some merch to make the $$$ worth it since you’re paying more for the experience. I guess this would only make sense if the medals and merch had been produced. And then whatever was left could be sold on shopDisney or whatever the site is called now, and eventually trickle to the outlets. I was super psyched for the merchandise as the theme for Star Wars is usually really the only one that ends up appealing to me.

Otherwise, I hope they end up keeping the same themes for next year.

I'm not at all surprised by the full refunds to original payment method. They did the same thing when they cancelled the 2018 Star Wars Light Side races in advance. They offered early registration to 2017 participants that year so there were some people such as myself who had registered before they postponed general registration.

I don't fault them for choosing to send out the virtual medal by mail. I would have done the virtual anyways.
I apologize if this has been addressed, there is a lot of info being flung around.

I did not sign up for the virtual run, but I've been training and really would like to keep the momentum going. I just checked, and the registration for the virtual is still open until March 31st. Any recommendations on if it's worth signing up for to get rewarded for our training efforts?

Thanks!
Honestly, I think it comes down to how much you like the medal. Once you register they're going to send you the medal. If you would like it to remember your training efforts, then by all means go ahead and sign up. For virtual races, I choose based on the medal or if a virtual race can combine with an on location race (ie Kessel Run or the San Francisco Giants series sweep awards).

I really think it's a matter of waiting until we have a much clearer idea of how long the parks are closed. I don't think it's the end of runDisney.

Someone made the point about when the market closes, so the stock price would have the impact on Monday instead of now. I think similar to when they officially announced Bob Iger stepping down.

Since getting into this running game, I have been doing two halfs a year. One in the Spring, One in the Fall.

I am still striving to do a Spring half possibly late May / Early June. I may do a half somewhere in North. For sure in a state that I haven't done a half.

Since, I didn't get registered for Wine & Dine, I may do a fun one like the Rock and Roll in Vegas or something that lines up with KC Chiefs road games.

Will for sure do the virtual run series this summer. I kind of wish they made an opportunity to run the Rival Run medals a virtual run, at a discounted price (after refunds).
I signed up (a little over a week ago) for Med City Marathon in Rochester, MN for over Memorial Day weekend. I’m hoping it is able to happen.

What makes you think that runDisney would end?
I don't necessarily think it will, only that it's possible. More so, I wouldn't be at all surprised if rD goes on hiatus. For how long? Who knows? Maybe only a month. Maybe 6. Maybe 12 or more. I can't get too into the weeds on it, but what I've seen and heard all week here in FL does not give me confidence about much of anything. I very much hope I start seeing things move in a better direction, though.

Here's a question for you guys....My original form of payment isn't available to get a refund. I switched banks so the account is closed. I've reached out to RunDisney to ask them how I'll get my refund, but what do you guys think? Gift card?

I'm hoping WDW makes their decision to close in April soon. I have a DVC ressie for Rival Run with borrowed points, and I'm hoping they extend their policy to return borrowed points to their original year into April.

I'm hoping WDW makes their decision to close in April soon. I have a DVC ressie for Rival Run with borrowed points, and I'm hoping they extend their policy to return borrowed points to their original year into April.

I think that announcement is comig this weekend. CF just extended all their parks closures till mid-may. Resorts are about to shutdown and market is closed so a disney announcement could come most any time.

Since they’re refunding us (I would prefer they keep the credit on my account so I don’t risk respending the money I had already allocated to the race registrations) and not deferring our registrations, will they please open to us a few days early? It’s always so stressful to get all four in my family registered for all the races before any one of the distances fill up. And the limited release Magicbands.

Since they’re refunding us (I would prefer they keep the credit on my account so I don’t risk respending the money I had already allocated to the race registrations) and not deferring our registrations, will they please open to us a few days early? It’s always so stressful to get all four in my family registered for all the races before any one of the distances fill up. And the limited release Magicbands.

I keep a separate checking account for entertainment expenses like trips and stuff I want to save up for so that I don't spend it. So this will all go back into there and probably saved for marathon weekend in january.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter