Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

If the race ends up cancelled, we’ll reschedule the use of our dvc points for a different time of year or I’ll just save the points for dog show stuff when I drop my dog off with the handler.

fyi, there is concern that if you get the virus and. recover, there still might be a 20 to 30 percent lung deficiency afterwards. That is a scary thing if true - especially for us runners

I haven’t canceled what i’ve booked yet but i’m very close. The more i read, the worse it gets. It looks like my company is putting us on work from home for the next two weeks and I do think it’s imperative that everyone quarantines themselves for a bit but we have a lot of work to do before getting this under control, and a major problem is that a lot of people still aren’t taking this seriously.

Fast forward two weeks and we’ll be in a situation where testing is hopefully everywhere and we know exactly where everyone stands so we can isolate those who have it and continue being careful with everyone else. I’m just not optimistic that we’re going to get it done though. We’ve got five weeks.

I have already cancelled my resort reservation, so I can get all my DVC points back without restriction. Tomorrow, I will be calling to cancel my flight.

I’m a physician, and if this somehow pushes through, I just cannot risk being quarantined for 14 days if I get exposed, along with the other 12k plus runners.

Although I have my own theories how this will play out (I believe it will behave like the flu, and fizzle out once it warms up, but it will be back every season), this next couple of weeks will determine what will likely happen.

Anybody still going if the race is cancelled but the parks open? Thinking of still doing the mileage around the resorts, esp if they decide you can pick up shirts and medals. I think some people ended up doing it when one of the races got canceled before

I'll still go if the race is cancelled. I already had to cancel my January trip due to knee surgery so I can't see myself cancelling another Disney trip. In addition, cancelling would mean my annual pass would be wasted because it expires at the end of May (even with the extension) and my DVC points may go into a holding account which would really stink. If the park opens, at least I can possibly salvage the vacation. Lots of uncertainty.

My local 10-miler in MN was cancelled for next weekend. We're getting a $20 credit and our race swag mailed to us. (I paid $59 plus fees originally.)
I'm not expecting Disney to offer full refunds to original method of payment. I'd like them to mail our swag and bling plus offer a voucher for another race and/or Disney gift card.

If race is cancelled I'm cancelling my whole trip
Same. I’m a gold AP, so I can’t even go to the parks for most of race weekend. My plan was to hit up the expo and Megacon, and race on Saturday and tote my medal all over the park. I have a feeling Megacon will also be cancelled as well :(

I’ve already cancelled. I’m also thinking my two other Disney trips this year (October and June) are a no go.

Anybody still going if the race is cancelled but the parks open? Thinking of still doing the mileage around the resorts, esp if they decide you can pick up shirts and medals. I think some people ended up doing it when one of the races got canceled before

Still planning on the parks as well as a cruise on the Dream if they open things back up. If not we’ll reschedule when we can, not much you can do so no point in getting upset. I do hope that if they are going to cancel and we get a credit for another race they do it sooner rather than later, early reg for Dopey is April 2

You have asked that question over and over, but you’re still not getting it. Please, please educate yourself and don’t get blindsided if this escalates in the coming weeks. As others have said, the percentage of cases requiring intensive care is very high, as is the contagiousness of this virus. Our hospitals are not equipped to handle the influx of patients, especially during flu season. Please try to understand exponential growth.
Last thing I'll say on the matter is also that's a misrepresentation of the US Gov's response to swine flu. There is nothing magical about a "National Emergency", there were two Public Health Emergencies declared in the months prior to that and a lot of people were working hard on the problem in those months, with resources directed to it. People were not ignoring it. Public health officials don't drum up drama for no reason and I'll listen to the experts here thanks.
Also this is the one place I can go to talk about my 2 loves: running and vacation, without hearing political stuff and I would like to keep it that way. I hope everybody has a good and also safe outcome re: the Star Wars races, whatever that turns out to be. I've had one local race canceled for April and am interested here because I'm waiting on word for another one.

I would be shocked if RunDisney didn’t delay marathon weekend and the virtual shorts registration that is supposed to be March 24th

not sure if there is a need to delay registration. Here is Georgia Atlanta track clubs has cancelled several upcoming events but still plan to so Peachtree registration As normal on the 15th.

though like everything with this virus that could charge in an hour.

If the races are cancelled, I will also cancel my trip even if the parks are open. I work in a small family owned business and am grateful that my family is willing to allow me to experience Star Wars races at Disney World. For me to visit Disney World in April, there has to be something unique to that time of year for me to even want to take the time off work. I have another Disney World trip planned for December that remains in the plans.

Someone might have mentioned this, so sorry if I missed it. Here's a few things I've been thinking about:

1) The volunteers. With people already cancelling plans, rD will need to reach out to their volunteer organizations and figure out if they'll be able to staff the race. That might take a little time.

2) While I would rather know now, they know that everyone will be able to get refunds on pretty much all travel expenses, so the need to make a decision early for the sake of travelers is diminished. That gives them some room.

3) If I were rD, I might agree it's too soon to decide. They might be operating under the goal to do everything possible to make it happen. It appears everyone is self-quarantining for a few weeks anyways (as evidenced by TP and grocery runs). If it looks good at the Go/No Go deadline, runners and volunteers alike will be dying for a reason to do something by the time the race happens!

Or... They announce something 5 minutes after I post this, because that's the way it's been this week. o_O

Disney College Program ending early seems like another sign that this isn’t going to be just two weeks and back to normal. I wish runDisney would post something! Even saying when they will reassess would be nice.

I agree. Even some insipid boilerplate language would be SOMETHING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter