"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! We have three parties during our stay and I can't decide on the night. I wish the DAH schedule would come out, too.

DAH schedule?

I'm having a tough time deciding what day to choose during my trip as well! Friday, Sunday, or Tuesday. Not sure which day to choose. Maybe Tuesday since that's a general less-crowded day during the week?

For those that follow the data/trends....

There will 36 total MNSSHPs this year, which matches last year's party count. For the first time in many years they have not added more party dates. A graphical view:
of-Events-Per-Year-Chart.png

(Brace yourself) And perhaps not surprisingly, ticket prices have increased rather substantially again - 7.8% year-over-year on a wtd avg ticket price basis. This is a substantial increase, no doubt. Note, this data and chart excludes 10/31 as that night is an outlier.
Avg-Ticket-Price-Per-Year.png

There are more pricing tiers than ever this year. For example, last year there were four pricing tiers ranging from $79 to $115. This year, there at 8 pricing tiers ranging from $85 to $125. Similar to prior years, party prices increase as party season rolls along. A graphical view:
2020-Party-Price-Per-Date.png

34 of the 36 parties offer AP/DVC discounts, same as last year. The AP/DVC discount remains the same at $5.

Always interesting to watch the year-over-year changes.
Love the data! Any crowd count data for dates? ty!

YAY! We have three parties during our stay and I can't decide on the night. I wish the DAH schedule would come out, too. I have been spending my cold MN winter weekends making our Nemo and Dory costumes.

I agree. I wish the DAH schedules were out. I wish Disney would decide on the DAH dates (and final park hours for that matter) before guests have to make ADRs.

Have any of the August parties (aside from the first party of the year) ever sold out? I want to go to the Aug.25 party (my birthday!) but I will have a group of 5-7 people so tickets will cost us a fair bit. If the weather is REALLY nasty, I'd rather not go that day. (We're there from Aug.22-Sep.5 so we have a few other options during our trip.) I would like to wait to buy tickets until we get there and see what the forecast looks like, but I definitely don't want to miss out by waiting too long. Are chances good that I will be able to get tickets the day before the Aug.25 party without an issue? It's the fourth party of the year, on a Tuesday.

Also, I read that ticket prices are more expensive if you wait until the day of, but the day before they will cost the same as now, correct?

Tickets purchased for 10/27. :)
I hate the price increase(s) but we give in every year as this is our favorite event at Disney!

For those that follow the data/trends....

There will 36 total MNSSHPs this year, which matches last year's party count. For the first time in many years they have not added more party dates. A graphical view:
of-Events-Per-Year-Chart.png

(Brace yourself) And perhaps not surprisingly, ticket prices have increased rather substantially again - 7.8% year-over-year on a wtd avg ticket price basis. This is a substantial increase, no doubt. Note, this data and chart excludes 10/31 as that night is an outlier.
Avg-Ticket-Price-Per-Year.png

There are more pricing tiers than ever this year. For example, last year there were four pricing tiers ranging from $79 to $115. This year, there at 8 pricing tiers ranging from $85 to $125. Similar to prior years, party prices increase as party season rolls along. A graphical view:
2020-Party-Price-Per-Date.png

34 of the 36 parties offer AP/DVC discounts, same as last year. The AP/DVC discount remains the same at $5.

Always interesting to watch the year-over-year changes.
Which nights don't offer that large 5 discount? Halloween and ??? opening day?

So, predictions for least busy among these parties?

Mon Sept 7th (Labor Day),
Fri Sept 11th,
Sun Sept 13th,
Tues Sept 15th.

Thanks.

Have any of the August parties (aside from the first party of the year) ever sold out? I want to go to the Aug.25 party (my birthday!) but I will have a group of 5-7 people so tickets will cost us a fair bit. If the weather is REALLY nasty, I'd rather not go that day. (We're there from Aug.22-Sep.5 so we have a few other options during our trip.) I would like to wait to buy tickets until we get there and see what the forecast looks like, but I definitely don't want to miss out by waiting too long. Are chances good that I will be able to get tickets the day before the Aug.25 party without an issue? It's the fourth party of the year, on a Tuesday.

Also, I read that ticket prices are more expensive if you wait until the day of, but the day before they will cost the same as now, correct?

I'm wondering about this also. We're there for the August 18th party. I wasn't planning on doing this, but 20 year old kid would LOVE this. What happens if its one of those horribly stormy August nights??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter