• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

Just out of curiosity what does Peak FQ stand for/mean on my reservation Info?
says
Peak FQ disney resort hotel package

Is the room category the same? Even at values there are multiple room categories with different prices...otherwise yes the park hoppers make a difference as well.
Yeah....I just picked standard room at Pop, which is what we booked. Looking at it now, I think it is because when I check without FD, it's without Park Hopper. But it looks like FD requires Park Hopper....so the difference is probably the PH cost.
Thanks.

says
off subject i noticed you have been in sept. a few times we just booked for sept. for 2020 do you like that time of year now i am wonder should i just wait and go in dec. because of the weather although i would love to try food and wine.

says
The Peak means peak season for pricing. Disney adjusts the price of the rooms at different times of the year and the free dining dates are during the peak season (higher priced season) due to the number of people who go to Disney at that time and the time of the year.

The Peak means peak season for pricing. Disney adjusts the price of the rooms at different times of the year and the free dining dates are during the peak season (higher priced season) due to the number of people who go to Disney at that time and the time of the year.
The August/September FD dates are definitely not peak season. The resort prices for those months are amongst the lowest of the year.

Peak is probably what ever “name” Disney has given this promotion in their system. FQ is Full Queen..... the type of bedding in the room.

I didn’t know what FQ meant. That makes sense.

I think you’re right about Peak. I remember seeing random words, or sometimes letters, on previous reservations that never seemed to really make sense

Got an email from my TA at 7:30AM. Trip all booked for the dates & resort I wanted. I have always been a control freak about my Disney trips but I have to say, I LOVE my DU agent. She is on top of everything!!
I love my TA. "Gift of Magic" discount dropped last October and my TA spent so many hours trying to get us the discount: system kept crashing, resorts came and went with availability. We have 2 rooms and the package discount ends part way into our trip so she needed to make it a split stay (4 reservations). I had to be at work that morning and there was no way I could have spent hours trying to get us the discount. She sent me the confirmations at 2AM the next day. I like to do everything myself, but in this case using a TA helped us get the best discount.

What is your first choice resort and where did you end up booking?
I wanted Poly but booked contemporary. We have 3 nights 4 days with park hoppers. the free dining currently is not for my date and it must be 5 nights 6 days. cruising after the world so more days is not an option for me.

The 50th anniversary is October 1, 2021. There is practically no chance Disney will start a celebration this year, especially this summer, more than a year before the actual date. Yes, Disney does run their celebrations for more than 12 months. But typically most of that time is after the actual date. The celebrations might begin sometime next summer & run thru the rest of 2021 & into 2022. They “kick off” the celebrations near the actual date. They don’t end them on the anniversary date.

There's actually precedent for starting the anniversary celebrations early - Disneyland's 50th was in June 2005 but they started the "official" anniversary celebration in May and extended it through to the next June. I never implied that it would start early and end on the anniversary however I did have my years mixed up.

That said, with so much opening this year there's still no way to anticipate what/if they will offer discounts.

off subject i noticed you have been in sept. a few times we just booked for sept. for 2020 do you like that time of year now i am wonder should i just wait and go in dec. because of the weather although i would love to try food and wine.

it is our favorite time of the year mostly because it’s the cheapest but also the crowds tend to be lower although even that doesn’t seem to be a fact anymore.......We normally always went the end of September which here in Georgia a lot of schools have a fall break then I think a lot of them also go to Disney We normally always went the end of September which here in Georgia a lot of schools have a fall break then I think a lot of them also go to Disney lol i’m actually going to take my kids out of school the beginning of September this time because my youngest will turn three September 13 we end up saving like $2000!
we went once Thanksgiving week and I think we liked it much better because of the weather and we love Christmas decorations etc. but for our family were always looking at saving money ;) usually its priority, especially this year is kind of an extra vacation for us we weren’t planning but we’re already talking about Thanksgiving week 2021 :)

There's actually precedent for starting the anniversary celebrations early - Disneyland's 50th was in June 2005 but they started the "official" anniversary celebration in May and extended it through to the next June. I never implied that it would start early and end on the anniversary however I did have my years mixed up.

That said, with so much opening this year there's still no way to anticipate what/if they will offer discounts.

Yea, that was just my point.... Disneyland’s actual opening was July 17th, 1955.... the 50th & 60th anniversary celebrations started in May of 2005 & 2015. So the same year but yes, 2 months before the actual date & ran until the following year. The same thing happened for WDW’s 25th. WDW opened Oct 1 1971. So the 50th celebrations will probably begin sometime during the summer of 2021.... so early, but not this year.

Yea, that was just my point.... Disneyland’s actual opening was July 17th, 1955.... the 50th & 60th anniversary celebrations started in May of 2005 & 2015. So the same year but yes, 2 months before the actual date & ran until the following year. The same thing happened for WDW’s 25th. WDW opened Oct 1 1971. So the 50th celebrations will probably begin sometime during the summer of 2021.... so early, but not this year.
If you read my comment, I noted that I had the years wrong....

I just cancelled two preferred rooms at POP September 8-18. We were able to get two rooms for earlier dates at Music, while not as nice, for the same price with upgraded dining instead of QS.

I hope someone here can get the rooms at POP. Good luck!

You aren't directing your question to me but I thought I'd chime in :) We tried end of September into October this year because it was cheaper and we wanted to see Halloween...never again. It was so hot and seriously far more crowded than in November/December. And honestly, we were so darn hot we barely wanted to eat (and wait in line), so we tried ONE THING at food & wine :(

You aren't directing your question to me but I thought I'd chime in :) We tried end of September into October this year because it was cheaper and we wanted to see Halloween...never again. It was so hot and seriously far more crowded than in November/December. And honestly, we were so darn hot we barely wanted to eat (and wait in line), so we tried ONE THING at food & wine :(
Sorry you didn't have fun. But Sept is our favorite time to go, though we tend to go during the beginning and the middle. Yes it's hotter, but it also gives you time to slow down and enjoy what the parks have to offer. I guess we never really have waited over 20 minutes for a ride.

Sorry you didn't have fun. But Sept is our favorite time to go, though we tend to go during the beginning and the middle. Yes it's hotter, but it also gives you time to slow down and enjoy what the parks have to offer. I guess we never really have waited over 20 minutes for a ride.
We didn't have a bad time, we were just really hot and not hungry lol. We just could not take the heat, but more power to those that can!! The lines I was referring to were at Food & Wine, not rides.

One thing I always do before discounts drop is price out mock trips. My numbers were spot on. We always get hoppers though so that's not an additional cost for us. I ended up moving my trip to the week before I had priced out and I had a savings of about $50 over what I had priced out. lol

I was very fortunate in that I had already booked Aug. 29-Sept. 5th at Pop Century w/ DP and Park Hopper tickets. When I went in to "change my online reservation", I could see a savings of $900 by grabbing the free dining offer. Crazy how I already had those dates booked anyway!

My brother hated this too, but then once we finally moved to the park hopper tickets, he never looked back and would never go back to a single day park ticket.
I'm the same! We didn't have park hoppers for a number of trips (always chose the water park upgrade option when we had to choose one or the other) but now that we have park hoppers we love them!!! I find it takes a lot of stress of if a park gets too busy, we just switch parks. If we want to see the fireworks at a park after supper, we just go to that one. We really enjoy the PH option now that we have it.
Question about BB offers. If I had a BB offer from last year for this year and booked 2 rooms (max is 3 I think)..could you completely change the resort/length of stay etc if I called now, or because that date for that offer is over it cannot be changed? Thx
The BB number is 1-407-939-1923. There is no guarantee that you will be able to change your current booking but it can't hurt to ask.

We didn't have a bad time, we were just really hot and not hungry lol. We just could not take the heat, but more power to those that can!! The lines I was referring to were at Food & Wine, not rides.
Oh im sorry, I guess I didn't realize that. I've only done the food and wine booths in the middle of the week and early, around lunch time before the crowds really show up. But yes it can get very hot and muggy, one of these years I'll do a relaxing trip and actually hit the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter