OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

Was really hoping this covered my trip aug 20-29. Little disappointed in the how limited the dates are so far. Hoping more dates are released later.

I was hoping for CSR starting Labor Day weekend for a week long stay, was really surprised only thing available was club level. Booked POFQ. It seems like weird availability this year.

if you currently have a reservation, can you modify it through the website to get the free dining or do you have to call to do it? I already booked aug. 29-Sept. 5 a couple of months ago through a Disney agent. I included a dining plan on the reservation too.

I'm sure more dates will be added later. Those dates are pretty limited. I can't imagine they won't open more.
I've never gone early June...did not include Memorial Day (*I edited this)...and NOT had something. Hoping for..anything

Last edited:

if you currently have a reservation, can you modify it through the website to get the free dining or do you have to call to do it? I already booked aug. 29-Sept. 5 a couple of months ago through a Disney agent. I included a dining plan on the reservation too.
Your agent will need to do it for you, or you can go rogue and make a new one and have them cancel then switch over if you wanted. I usually do it myself for this reason-I trust no one but myself when it comes to securing free dining! Hahaha

That's why the dates are so limited. If people are already booked, there is no need to offer discounts.

So do we think there will be a room discount and/or more dining dates released later? We need to go in August for a variety of reasons but my kids go back to school before the August dining dates.

So do we think there will be a room discount and/or more dining dates released later? We need to go in August for a variety of reasons but my kids go back to school before the August dining dates.

Last year another free dining discount was offered in April (I think) so it's possible.

it seems to be free dining offers are offered in the spring (april) for later dates so yes, it is possible

There usually is a room discount offered, and their wording on “a non-discounted room” leads me to believe those are to come, but who knows at this point. We arrive July 8, one day after that amazingly limited window, and can’t change our dates due to DHs work. Oh well, I’m happy I have a chance to book a BB offer but was hoping to have other options in case they released something that was better.

Your agent will need to do it for you, or you can go rogue and make a new one and have them cancel then switch over if you wanted. I usually do it myself for this reason-I trust no one but myself when it comes to securing free dining! Hahaha

I was able to modify my reservation online. The phone message said 60 min wait time and when I went into my reservation it told me it would take 20 minutes. So I waited for both. I was able to modify my pop century resort reservation through my Disney experience. I already had dining (regular, not quick) and park hoppers on my reservation. The only change is I had to change from preferred room to standard room. I still saved $900. My original cost was $3834 and now it's $2926 (two adults).

If there is a second round of FD offered it will most likely be for end of September, and a week or 2 in November and December. They may possibly extend end of August but I think there would be a better chance of getting more August dates with the Disney Visa. In the past they have send an email with more availability for cardholders.

I was able to modify my reservation online. The phone message said 60 min wait time and when I went into my reservation it told me it would take 20 minutes. So I waited for both. I was able to modify my pop century resort reservation through my Disney experience. I already had dining (regular, not quick) and park hoppers on my reservation. The only change is I had to change from preferred room to standard room. I still saved $900. My original cost was $3834 and now it's $2926 (two adults).
We did FD at POP last year....request a standard room in the 50s or 70s. Our standard room in the 70s was even closer than the preferred!

Super bummed because I woke up late and all availability for FD at Pop for my dates are gone:( So I switched to Music as I couldn't pass up the $600 savings. Going to keep trying for it tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter