• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

standard at Pop was only $90 more
Take POP for that upgrade. POP has a better resort layout, more efficient bus IMO, easy walk to better food court at AoA, can jump on AoA bus if it shows up faster than POP and the addition of the skyliner makes it an easy choice.

I originally booked Sports preferred but for $60 upgrade went to Music preferred for lock on upgraded room by changing arrival date by one day. Not the dates I really want, and rather not pay for preferred, but will take for now and if another FD drop happens later will rebook better dates with standard room. So OK result for me and will keep watching.

I’m booking the 29th - 5th and deciding later. We drive from Minnesota and the kid goes back the 8th to school. Had hoped to do a ten day stay.

Check your school schedule. We ALWAYS start after Labor Day but we are starting 8/31 this year instead. I was shocked.

Well I booked sept 8-18. Didnt wanna loose the offer but will prob drop it once my parents let me know what they want to do. Id like a deal for mid Oct-Nov though

Check your school schedule. We ALWAYS start after Labor Day but we are starting 8/31 this year instead. I was shocked.
Just checked again and it shows the 8th. I was paranoid because 1 usually not so late and 2 it had said draft. It now shows approved by school board and not draft.

Did anyone find POP preferred rooms included the last week of ausgust?
I dont see preferred just standard.

Looks like plenty of others did... I think its bc I was looking early the last week of August... so late late August has availability :)

Last edited:
Couldn’t get anything for deluxe resorts even changing our dates from mid August to end of June or beginning of a July. Only thing available was club level or suites. We can’t go end of August since kids are back in college by then

Has anyone been able to book a package with free dinning and still get the Canadian ticket price discount? I have in the past but I think it's not allowed anymore.

Booked Pop standard 7/7-7/14! We are pretty open for the summer. Was hoping for Mid June or a July 9th check in, but can make this work. Glad I didn’t set my alarm until 3:15a PST. I was only in orbit for like 3 minutes.

Also, I feel like Disney might do a second wave of free dining in April. This round is too restrictive and the booking window is only 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I got free dining for sept first week at pop preferred pool view wanted csr standard i will keep checking they did have pofq

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter