• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Just heard that we might have a modified shortened course at 7:15..

ETA: don’t know that that’s official, but some guy walked passed our bus yelling that.

It’s going to take a while to get everyone back to the corrals. This is frustrating as there is no communication from Disney. I was excited for this run but at this point I’m hoping they cancel.

At some point, don’t they need to clear the Epcot parking lot to make room for actual guest parking?

I didn’t realize going into Epcot was an option. I think my kids would have liked that.

It made way more sense to go to the buses from where I was, but they were saying Epcot was an option too so I snaked my way over that way.

Only wish I had chosen Electric Umbrella and not the hard floor of Innoventions. :-)

At some point, don’t they need to clear the Epcot parking lot to make room for actual guest parking?

I didn’t realize going into Epcot was an option. I think my kids would have liked that.

All the busses were full, so they herded us into Epcot. Just announced they will restart.

7:15 start. They are giving us the option to go back to the corral or jump into the race when it passes by the bus. Seems like a good option. Still raining.

We have returned to safe race conditions at the 2019 Star Wars Rival Run 5K and Guests should begin to return to the start line. Please note that given this morning's delay due to weather we are modifying the course.

For all those who complete the race, medals will be delivered at the finish line at Epcot.

Did they have any characters out?

Glad it still went on even if shortened for everyone!

Always learning. Going to Epcot for the delay was a bad call as that put me way back when it did start.

Tough conditions and really hard to actually run, but how often do you get to start your day in World Showcase, so for that I’m thankful. I will say, the lack of start waves really bunches people up big time. Or maybe that’s normal for the 5k?

Major lightning strike as I was really close to the start line. I was surprised they didn’t call it again at that point? Thunder was maybe 4-5 seconds away. I took a few steps away from the metal railings. :-)

Now, to dry my shoes.

Always learning. Going to Epcot for the delay was a bad call as that put me way back when it did start.

Tough conditions and really hard to actually run, but how often do you get to start your day in World Showcase, so for that I’m thankful. I will say, the lack of start waves really bunches people up big time. Or maybe that’s normal for the 5k?

Major lightning strike as I was really close to the start line. I was surprised they didn’t call it again at that point? Thunder was maybe 4-5 seconds away. I took a few steps away from the metal railings. :-)

Now, to dry my shoes.
That thunder went off right as we were going under the start arch! We looked at each other in panic, thinking they might stop us, but they didn’t.

The lack of corrals was felt. We had to do a lot of slipping through groups. But, at least we got to run it!

I hope the weather for the 10K and Half is better!

the amount of people complaining on Facebook that how dare they start the race without telling people is stupid. I can't tell you the number of comments from people saying 'we went to our car and left, and they started without us!' I've seen.
They sent an email to return to the start. I think that constitutes as letting people know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter