Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I'm about 95% sure we want to sign up for this on Tuesday. I have a question...reading through this thread it looks like I'll have to do separate registrations for my 14-year-old son and myself since we want to do the Kessel. What happens if it sells out quickly and I'm only able to complete one registration before it sells out? I don't want to commit to the trip and expense if we can't both participate. Has anyone had that happen? Will they refund in that case? The possibility of not getting both of us in is making me really nervous about signing up.

only 5k and 10k will prob sell out right away.. last year you could get challenge bibs the the weekend of. I wouldn't bank on that being the case always but you should be okay if you register tomorrow.

I got the email and payed the 10.60 or whatever it was and then receive the email confirming Kessel run registration however my Registered races on the RD website has me listed for 2 virtual runs and 2 challenges now... lol. So I hope they get it figured out soon. I'm sure they will.

Do you know what the jacket looks like?

No. It will be a black champion jacket with the weekend logo on the front and something on the back. The design changes each year but we've been happy with the Dark Side and Light Side designs each year and my husband wears them a ton.

Thanks! Also, does anyone know what the price is for the kessel run and the half? I am trying to decide what to do...
Pricing is all on the website under Rival Run & the Star Wars Virtual and add 6.6% fee

Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon
  • $188
Star Wars Rival Run Challenge
  • $335
Star Wars Rival Run 10K
  • $125
Star Wars Rival Run 5K
  • $85
Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon - ONLY
  • $59
runDisney Kessel Run Challenge* - ONLY
  • $69

Received the email with instructions on registrating for the Kessell and a credit for signing up for the other two individually...think I’m good now.

Good to know I wasn’t the only one to do this.

I was on a cruise on Thursday and in a rush didn’t see the Kessel run was different this year. Gotta call tomorrow to switch it up.

Pricing is all on the website under Rival Run & the Star Wars Virtual and add 6.6% fee

Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon
  • $188
Star Wars Rival Run Challenge
  • $335
Star Wars Rival Run 10K
  • $125
Star Wars Rival Run 5K
  • $85
Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon - ONLY
  • $59
runDisney Kessel Run Challenge* - ONLY
  • $69
Thanks! For some reason, I can't see it on the rundisney site...

I'm getting nervous, what should I register for first, Kessel Run and challage for the BF or 10K for myself?

I'm getting nervous, what should I register for first, Kessel Run and challage for the BF or 10K for myself?
10k for yourself I would do first.

Nothing has sold out for early though, if that's any sign of how stuff will be on regular day.

Called RD this morning and the lady walked me through signing up for Kessel Run Challenge and gave me a code that discounted to the difference between the 2.

Shows up in my races as the challenge and virtual. not sure if thats correct or if it was supposed to show kessel run but I think its fixed now...

10k for yourself I would do first.
Yep, I'd lean 10K first, too. It's really hard to say when/if Kessel will sell out: it did last year, but I'm not sure they were prepared for how much interest there would be. They have a better idea this time, so theoretically could have prepared with more medals available for it.

My son says that he is going to train for this and wants to run the Kessel Run Challenge with me, so I will register the two of us for those races later this week. We are just running the virtual and the half since he is not interested in the other races. He is going to be Dark Side - I also want to be Dark Side, but am torn. I guess that I need to make up my mind. The Dark Side Medals look nicer to me, so that may push me completely over to the Dark Side. :darth:

Called RD this morning and the lady walked me through signing up for Kessel Run Challenge and gave me a code that discounted to the difference between the 2.

Shows up in my races as the challenge and virtual. not sure if thats correct or if it was supposed to show kessel run but I think its fixed now...

That’s what mine shows I dunno.

For anyone that registered for the kessel run the correct way last week what does your registration screen show?

Just signed up for the 10k - dark side! woohoo! First timer! Will be doing the princess half as my first rundisney event ever - this will be my second! can't wait!

That’s what mine shows I dunno.

For anyone that registered for the kessel run the correct way last week what does your registration screen show?
I signed up for the Kessel Run the correct way and my registration screen shows entries for the Rival Run Challenge and the Virtual Half Marathon. There is no mention of Kessel Run on my registration screen anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter