"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you - regular Lyft or Uber cars can't go to the MK correct? So we would need to walk to the CR if we wanted to try and go that route? How bad were the lines for the buses?
We always walk to CR after a late evening at MK and call an Uber. It really is a lovely walk, even at night, and uncrowded, so it feels like a relaxing end to a night full of excitement.

Well I made the really tough choice to add a day to our Universal tickets in order for us to leave Uni early for the Christmas party on 11/24. ;) We didn't want to lose time there.

Still going to wait to buy tickets until the last possible minute. So much can go wrong and I don't want to be stuck with non refundable tickets!

I'm really looking forward to this party! It's been 4 years since we went and my daughter doesn't remember it.

I'm thinking of attending with my DD15 on the last day of MVMCP. My worry is that we will be arriving to WDW on Dec 21, after returning from Disney's Merrytime Cruise. We will be staying at POR till Dec 26 but have 3 day tickets. If we do MVMCP on Dec 22, we still want to rope drop the next morning because I'm sure the parks will be crazy busy! So what time should I expect to get back to our resort if we stay till the end of the party and does that mean we just don't sleep? Lol! This is our first ever MVMCP so any thoughts and strategies are greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking of attending with my DD15 on the last day of MVMCP. My worry is that we will be arriving to WDW on Dec 21, after returning from Disney's Merrytime Cruise. We will be staying at POR till Dec 26 but have 3 day tickets. If we do MVMCP on Dec 22, we still want to rope drop the next morning because I'm sure the parks will be crazy busy! So what time should I expect to get back to our resort if we stay till the end of the party and does that mean we just don't sleep? Lol! This is our first ever MVMCP so any thoughts and strategies are greatly appreciated!

I think we got back to our room about 1:00am last year.

We always stay til the end of parties and get back to our room after 1 am. We still get up early the next morning. Last year we got back at 1 am and did the Bon Voyage breakfast at 7:30 am then RD Epcot. But we're adults with no children and can function on a little sleep. If your family can't, it may make your may miserable.

We always stay til the end of parties and get back to our room after 1 am. We still get up early the next morning. Last year we got back at 1 am and did the Bon Voyage breakfast at 7:30 am then RD Epcot. But we're adults with no children and can function on a little sleep. If your family can't, it may make your may miserable.

Thanks for your input and your example - my DD15 says she can do it... not sure if I should believe it tho lol... maybe worth a try because we have never done the MVMCP and not sure if we will be doing WDW at this time of year again :)

Thanks for your input and your example - my DD15 says she can do it... not sure if I should believe it tho lol... maybe worth a try because we have never done the MVMCP and not sure if we will be doing WDW at this time of year again :)

Maybe play it by ear and plan on making rope drop but then be ok if you end up not making it? Or get up for rope drop with the promise that you can do a midday break if it ends up being too much!

Maybe play it by ear and plan on making rope drop but then be ok if you end up not making it? Or get up for rope drop with the promise that you can do a midday break if it ends up being too much!

Yes, that was my thought too! Plan on rope drop but leave early after the crowds roll in (Dec 23 should be super busy) have an early lunch/brunch at one of the monorail resorts, then back to nap or hang out at Disney Springs. If we feel refreshed enough maybe go back to the park late day before closing.

I think we got back to our room about 1:00am last year.

Did you and your family rest the next morning or were you up to try and rope drop? I'm thinking we want to rope drop...but that means little sleep. I'm fine with coming back early for a nap tho :)

Any idea when we would need to buy tickets by (est sell-out dates?)? We are DVC members and will be there for either Fri 12/6 or Sun night 12/8. Would one night be more crowded than another or are they all full? We haven’t been to MVMCP in at least 15 years (when you used to be able to walk on any ride with no waits! ) so knowing how crowded these events have become we are debating whether it is worth it to us. Tks!

Any idea when we would need to buy tickets by (est sell-out dates?)? We are DVC members and will be there for either Fri 12/6 or Sun night 12/8. Would one night be more crowded than another or are they all full? We haven’t been to MVMCP in at least 15 years (when you used to be able to walk on any ride with no waits! ) so knowing how crowded these events have become we are debating whether it is worth it to us. Tks!
I don’t believe any parties sold out during that week last year actually! As for a date, id guess the Sunday party would be less crowded since Friday all the kids and parents would be off at night to go to the party! We went to a sold out party last year(first party after thanksgiving on a Sunday) and while it was crowded, we were able to go on all rides walk on and also attend the parade and christmas shows without a hassle! Hope that helps!

I don’t believe any parties sold out during that week last year actually! As for a date, id guess the Sunday party would be less crowded since Friday all the kids and parents would be off at night to go to the party! We went to a sold out party last year(first party after thanksgiving on a Sunday) and while it was crowded, we were able to go on all rides walk on and also attend the parade and christmas shows without a hassle! Hope that helps!

Oh that’s great to know. I was assuming these had gone the way of nighttime EMH which when I last went to that at MK a few years back there was still a 30 minute wait for 7DMT at 1:30 am!

Oh that’s great to know. I was assuming these had gone the way of nighttime EMH which when I last went to that at MK a few years back there was still a 30 minute wait for 7DMT at 1:30 am!

FYI, you will likely still encounter a line on 7DMT even at the end of MVMCP. It’s the one ride at MK that has trouble ever shaking the wait most/all of the evening. Actual waits in my experience can be in the 10-30 min range (generally speaking) which isn’t bad, but not walk on either.

Other rides are much better.

FWIW!

We will be on our first visit this November. Possible party dates for us are Nov 11,12,14,15. Any thoughts as to what day we should go to the party? Initial inclination is to avoid Nov 11 (Monday+Vet Day) and the 15th (Friday night). Maybe shoot for the 12th?

Any help appreciated!

We will be on our first visit this November. Possible party dates for us are Nov 11,12,14,15. Any thoughts as to what day we should go to the party? Initial inclination is to avoid Nov 11 (Monday+Vet Day) and the 15th (Friday night). Maybe shoot for the 12th?

Any help appreciated!
In my experience, Tuesday and Sunday are typically the best choices. Although, that's no guarantee they won't still be sold out or crowded!

How long do you think I have until I should pull the trigger on purchasing for Dec. 8th?? I don't want it to sell out. I'm holding back to make sure I'm not changing my vaca dates...but I'm so worried about the whole unknowns of the SWGE crowds at WDW.

How long do you think I have until I should pull the trigger on purchasing for Dec. 8th?? I don't want it to sell out. I'm holding back to make sure I'm not changing my vaca dates...but I'm so worried about the whole unknowns of the SWGE crowds at WDW.
I typically buy mine (usually around Dec. 15 or 16) a few months prior, but with GE all bets are off. I would say as soon as your dates are confirmed, you can go ahead and buy them - especially if you would be REALLY disappointed not to get them. Honestly, they may or may not sell out, and if they do, it may not be until day of.

I typically buy mine (usually around Dec. 15 or 16) a few months prior, but with GE all bets are off. I would say as soon as your dates are confirmed, you can go ahead and buy them - especially if you would be REALLY disappointed not to get them. Honestly, they may or may not sell out, and if they do, it may not be until day of.
Thank you Scoobie for your reply, much appreciated! I think as you said...as soon as I solidify I need to grab them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter