"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first page:

Sold Out Dates: 11/8 (11/8), 11/9(11/9), 11/25 (11/24), 12/16 (12/9), 12/21 (12/19)
Thank you! This sinus issue is way worse than I thought with my head spinning ha I looked there and didn't even see that.

We were unable to get a Minnie Van after the last party in 2017 (kept searching and never found one). Ended up just taking the bus back to our resort (POFQ). You may have better luck with a regular Lyft from the CR, but I wouldn’t count on a Minnie Van.

Thank you - regular Lyft or Uber cars can't go to the MK correct? So we would need to walk to the CR if we wanted to try and go that route? How bad were the lines for the buses?

They just keep jacking up the prices and it seems to be getting busier and busier. I was looking through old photos from about 10 years ago and Im like you can see Main Street ... now you see people upon people!

They just keep jacking up the prices and it seems to be getting busier and busier. I was looking through old photos from about 10 years ago and Im like you can see Main Street ... now you see people upon people!

I think they do oversell tickets, but with that said, I've walked down Main Street with no problem a bit after the parade is over.

Thank you - regular Lyft or Uber cars can't go to the MK correct? So we would need to walk to the CR if we wanted to try and go that route? How bad were the lines for the buses?

Correct, only Minnie Vans can get right up to the Magic Kingdom. Lyft is the service that is more dominate around world and you would have to get picked up at CR. The lines for buses are worst right when the party ends (and right after the fireworks). If you hang around for a little bit and enjoy Main Street the lines shouldn't be horrible.

We’re going on the last date - so excited because in the past it’s been the last Friday before Xmas and we’re arriving pretty much as the party would be ending for the night. Now that they extended it to 12/22 we’re so there!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:
This is us too! We were convinced that we would miss out arriving the Saturday before Christmas and when the dates came out for this year there were cheers all around!

My family and I will be arriving at Disney World on 12/22 the last night of MVMCP and I'm really on the fence on whether or not to purchase tickets for that evening. We are a family of 5 Disney adults, myself, DH, DD 19, DS 17 and DD 11. We have 10 day park hopper tickets and plan to visit MK really early on Christmas Day and possibly on 12/23. Will there be events during the party that won't be offered on Christmas Day? I guess I'm having FOMO, lol!

Cool! For us, the first party is all about looping rides. We watch the fireworks and second parade at the second party. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Thanks I am sure I will enjoy it. It’s a bucket list item for me. I love taking pics so one of my goals is to take a lot of pics of the castle lit up. Enjoy your trip as well

My family and I will be arriving at Disney World on 12/22 the last night of MVMCP and I'm really on the fence on whether or not to purchase tickets for that evening. We are a family of 5 Disney adults, myself, DH, DD 19, DS 17 and DD 11. We have 10 day park hopper tickets and plan to visit MK really early on Christmas Day and possibly on 12/23. Will there be events during the party that won't be offered on Christmas Day? I guess I'm having FOMO, lol!
Yes. The only thing you’ll be able to see the week of Christmas is the parade - the special meet and greets, treats, etc. are all exclusive to the party. The first page of this thread gives a good overview of everting that’s included (and exclusive) to MVMCP. That being said, I generally advise against a party on arrival night, as so many things can go wrong (travel delays, exhaustion, etc). But if it’s your only option to attend the party, do it!!!

Yes. The only thing you’ll be able to see the week of Christmas is the parade - the special meet and greets, treats, etc. are all exclusive to the party. The first page of this thread gives a good overview of everting that’s included (and exclusive) to MVMCP. That being said, I generally advise against a party on arrival night, as so many things can go wrong (travel delays, exhaustion, etc). But if it’s your only option to attend the party, do it!!!

Thank you so much for your help! I usually don't plan anything for arrival day for the reasons you mentioned. I have a little time to decide but I do know that this particular day will sell out. :)

Got our tickets for December 10th, we will be there till the 15th and were hoping to spend a few nights at Magic Kingdom, but since there's parties all week, we may end up getting tickets for the 12th or 13th as well. We have never been for Christmas, so we are very excited!
We'll be there the 7th thru the 14th - I'm considering park hoppers since there is only 2 days with no parties during my stay. that's making me think MK will be packed those 2 days.

Do it! We will be there as well. Yes it can be crowded, but there is nothing like it especially so close to Christmas and still better than a regular park day!:santa:

Do it! We will be there as well. Yes it can be crowded, but there is nothing like it especially so close to Christmas and still better than a regular park day!:santa:

I decided that we will go to MVMCP if we don't fly into Orlando that day. Right now we are planning to drive. Very excited! :)

^^This!^^
We attended a party on arrival day (1am) last year (only party offered during our stay). Slept in, late breakfast, back to room to rest. We were so tired, we left the party early, but had met several characters, rode a few rides, had treats, shopped, watched parade and fireworks. It was worth it for us, but I had low expectations since arriving late and working/school the day before, and didn't want the remaining 7D to be miserable from starting vacation out tired. But so WORTH IT for us, just that little bit, since we usually leave parties after 12am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter