"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first big trip to Disney was Christmas 4 years ago. We are going again this year and I am hoping to be able to do the party on the (possible) last date. :D :D: D

Last party is typically Friday before week of Christmas.

We were going to go over Christmas break but I'm thinking we should go over thanksThanks. Seems like the crowds would be less intense.

We just went this past year week of Thanksgiving. Arrived Thursday before to attend MVMCP on Friday before Thanksgiving (last party until Sunday after Thanksgiving). I felt it was more crowded Thanksgiving week vs Christmas.

Question-- probably a silly one, but this will be the first time we are going during Christmas season.. IF we are planning on going to a party Dec 7-14th, how quickly do these events sell out?

Page 1 - Previous MBMVP Threads, see dates that sold out with the date they sold out on.

I don't know why they haven't announced yet, could be they are just focusing on selling the summer. By this time last year it was already out, if I had a guess it be soon but who knows at this point. Hoping its this week!

I don't know why they haven't announced yet, could be they are just focusing on selling the summer. By this time last year it was already out, if I had a guess it be soon but who knows at this point. Hoping its this week!
Last year it was released very early. The “usual” time frame is late April. I’ve a hunch they are still trying to sell summer and early fall with all the recent announcements (new summer after hours, GE opening, F&W dates, MNSSHP add-ons) - unfortunately I feel it may be a while until they move on to Christmas. (Though I hope I’m wrong and MVMCP is the next bit of news!)

Last year it was released very early. The “usual” time frame is late April. I’ve a hunch they are still trying to sell summer and early fall with all the recent announcements (new summer after hours, GE opening, F&W dates, MNSSHP add-ons) - unfortunately I feel it may be a while until they move on to Christmas. (Though I hope I’m wrong and MVMCP is the next bit of news!)
Yep, just they released the EPCOT new so hopefully this is the next one!

Waiting for Southwest to come out with December schedules as well. Hopefully both will come out soon!

I am excited to go this year to the christmas party. I have never been and need advise as to how it works what to do, and what is different about this party VS regular entrance?

Question, I know these tickets are non refundable. I will have 3 of my kids in college and 1 possibly in the military (once he takes the asvab and decides which Branch we will have a better idea). We have a WDW trip planned this Dec. I also have possible girlfriends going too. If I should buy everyone a ticket and someone ends up not able to go, is it possible to resale successfully? I am just afraid of it selling out before I know for sure who can go. I know I can resale it but has anyone heard of where to sell them where people feel that it is legit and ok? (I know there is Craiglist and Ebay but personally I would never buy tickets from there)

Also, my son is in the Disney College Program this summer. Has anyone had someone in this program and are they able to purchase tickets like the MVMCP at a discount for a date that they will not be working (by that time)?

Thank you!

I am excited to go this year to the christmas party. I have never been and need advise as to how it works what to do, and what is different about this party VS regular entrance?

The party will have special fireworks, a special parade, stage shows, character meet & greats, and party exclusive treats and merchandise. You can also go around to certain locations for free treats (cookies, pretzels, hot coco, etc.)! Regular day guests must leave the park by I believe 6 so the park will be far less crowded (theoretically). The closer you get to Christmas the more crowded the parties will be. The atmosphere of the parties is really amazing AND you can't miss the "snow" on Main Street! Just make sure you go in with a plan of what you want to accomplish and get out of the party!

The party will have special fireworks, a special parade, stage shows, character meet & greats, and party exclusive treats and merchandise. You can also go around to certain locations for free treats (cookies, pretzels, hot coco, etc.)! Regular day guests must leave the park by I believe 6 so the park will be far less crowded (theoretically). The closer you get to Christmas the more crowded the parties will be. The atmosphere of the parties is really amazing AND you can't miss the "snow" on Main Street! Just make sure you go in with a plan of what you want to accomplish and get out of the party!
Yes, all of this!!

Also, check out the first page of this thread @Yoyisdesigns for some great historical information from prior parties (which characters met, treat options, etc)

I’m wondering if the late thanksgiving this year will push the party start date back? If they start the Thursday a week after the last Halloween party and go four a week it will be more pre-thanksgiving days than ever but if they wait and start the next week on Monday it puts the first party on Veterans Day. Last year they did all weekday parties before thanksgiving Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday......the year before they did Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday..... I wish they’d post the dates even if they aren’t ready to sell tickets....just so we can plan lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter