"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my turn to let you know how last night's party went and say thank you to everyone for all the advice and wisdom. I had A-blast and was able to do everything I wanted to do. I was given my wristband inside the main gate a little before they opened for everyone because I was already in the park. I grabbed the sorcerers of the magic Kingdom card and bought a pin I wanted and then quickly went into the bypass. My big goal was a picture with the 7 dwarfs I got there at 4:15 and was 4th in line. They started meeting at 6:15and I was out of there by 630. I grabbed a snack at cosmic rays and rode the tea cups and pirates. If I passed photographers with no line or a trick-or-treat line I stopped. I ended up with about 2 bags of candy. At about 8:45 I found a spot for the 1st parade right where it came out in adventure land. After it was over I stopped at Sleepy Hollow for the Mickey waffle sundae At 9:50 I waded into the hub and found the spot to stand and watch the fireworks. These last minute arrivals I think only worked because I was alone.. I decided to spend the last hour in tomorrowland riding people mover buzz and going in to the laugh factory . I walked out about 10 minutes before midnight as the parade was going by and was in the front of the line at the pop century bus line. It was a fun night and I really think that your attitude towards the crowd influences how much they bother you. Thanks again!
ETA. I wanted to add that they were not giving away chocolate coins at pirates the cast member told me she was not sure why not but they were not doing it anymore.

Last edited:
It sounds like the Tuesday parties are becoming the more popular choice.

I think all the dates are fair game and have been for a few years. Many of us have stated "Fall crowds have arrived" but I don't think any of us were prepared or had knowledge so many parties would sell out. I wonder what will happen next year.

Am second in line for Jack and Sally. If anyone needs an extra ticket to tonight's MNSSHP or Sunday, PM me my brother that lives in Ft Lauterdale came up for a party last week but was too sick to use the ticket. The ticket is free.

Sell out status by day of the week as of 10/25:

Sunday - 2 of 7 parties sold out (29%)
9/22 ($79)
9/29 ($85)

Monday - 1 of 3 parties sold out (33%)
10/14 ($105)

Tuesday - 2 of 9 parties sold out (22%)
10/1 ($85)
10/8 ($105)

Thursday - 4 of 5 parties sold out (80%)
10/10 ($105)
10/17 ($105)
10/24 ($105)
10/31 ($135)

Friday - 3 of 12 parties sold out (25%)
9/27 ($85)
10/11 ($115)
10/25 ($115)

Sliced another way:

The 2019 party season can basically be broken down into two parts:

$79 / $85 Party Season (which is roughly Aug-Sept)
$79 Parties - 1 of 8 sold out (13%)
$85 Parties - 3 of 10 sold out (30%)

$105 / $115 Party Season (which is roughly October)
$105 Parties - 5 of 10 sold out (50%)
$115 Parties - 2 of 7 sold out (29%)
$135 Parties - 1 of 1 sold out (100%)

Are they running low and candy and trying to stretch it for the last week of parties left?!? That would be awful!

i don’t think they’re running out of candy. We saw boxes of it in line for the characters in the Dumbo tent last night. It all depends on the CM- just like trick or treating at home lol. Some give a little some give a lot.

Went to the part last night (25th) and it was crazy crowded. Only ever been to one other party last year but this was much more crowded in comparison (at least that’s how it felt).

We have tickets for Sunday (27th) so I’m hoping that’s quieter

We used our party pass for the final time last night with our fourth party of the week and fifth overall. We went to the very first party in August and then Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday this week.

We had an amazing time at every party and are huge fans of the party pass. Here’s hoping they offer it again next year. We really felt no pressure to do everything at every party. But we were able to do far more than we ever have - tons of photos, character greets, TOT and rides. We watched the parade three times in total and the fireworks twice (not a fan of the new show).

We’re now on the plane headed home with a full-size carry on suitcase filled with nothing but candy, in addition to two more full treat bags. We’re going to make some kids at our church trunk or treat very happy!

We’ll be back in six weeks or so for MVMCP. And while we’ll have a great time, there’s nothing better than Halloween at Disney!
5D288350-C2B2-4746-BBC9-C13A6376DB62.jpeg4DE2877D-9153-4CA3-9C5C-3CE0E97C2E66.jpegCE598039-7ABC-4BDC-AFA6-DA2147BEA72C.jpegB7438269-D3BC-4E72-B2C7-EB2C7E8C2B62.jpeg

Last edited:
Can we talk about rain?! UGH! I'm looking at the weather for our party day Sunday the 27th (and our whole 4 day weekend trip) and it looks like they are calling for thunderstorms all afternoon and evening. Not excited about the idea of it being a very wet soggy evening and wondering how this effects things?

We are going Sunday too. Looks like the weather will be more favorable in the evening.

Am second in line for Jack and Sally. If anyone needs an extra ticket to tonight's MNSSHP or Sunday, PM me my brother that lives in Ft Lauterdale came up for a party last week but was too sick to use the ticket. The ticket is free.
If no one took you up on the offer for the ticket, it should still have value. This happened to my brother two years ago. We just used the value towards a current party ticket the next year.

We went to the party last night 10/25. I had no idea it was sold out, until I was reading up on this thread. It also rained off and on throughout the night delaying the parade and shows. I thought maybe people didn’t come or left early because of it. It didn’t feel sold out/crowded to me, but maybe I had low expectations to begin with. So I was pleasantly surprised.

We had to abandon our plan to do the character meet, because our group arrived later than we hoped. But we were able to do everything else that we wanted to do. We also ended up eating supper during the party time, which we didn’t intend to do originally. The 2nd parade was delayed about 15 minutes because of the rain. Plus the final Hocus Pocus show was delayed about 15 minutes as well. Then after it got started, it unexpectedly stopped during Dr. Facilier’s part. Although there was nothing happening with the weather, an announcement was made the show was stopping because of inclement weather. Shortly afterwards, the characters ended the show performing “I Put a Spell on You.” Considering this is the best part of the show, it was worth the wait. So we were on the bus back to Pop around 1:00. This is what we were able to accomplish after 6:00...

Mine Train
Space Mountain-Halloween version
Haunted Mansion-no live actors on the lawn...maybe because of rain
Splash
Fireworks- towards back of Hub, but got a glimpse of Jack
Jafar meet/greet
2nd parade-Frontierland-no headless horseman
Pirates
last Hocus Pocus show
TOT all throughout the park

We thought the live actors on Pirates were much better than the Villians After Hours this summer. We could understand them and found them funny! But we didn’t get the gold coins at the end. Maybe because we got on at the end of the night? We got lots of candy everywhere else though. It was a great night despite the rain. I felt very prepared for the party, no doubt because of this thread! We’re going back to Sunday’s party 10/27 and hope to catch some of the characters on this round.

Hi everyone! This may have been asked already, but I have a question about DVC early entry. My parents and I are all members, but my sister is not. Will she be allowed early entry at 2 with the three of us? Headed to the party today! Thanks!

Hi everyone! This may have been asked already, but I have a question about DVC early entry. My parents and I are all members, but my sister is not. Will she be allowed early entry at 2 with the three of us? Headed to the party today! Thanks!

From the DVC member website:
Early Entry to the Park
When attending this event, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!
Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people.
Check In for the Event
Beginning at 4:00 PM, be sure to stop by the in-park check-in station in Tomorrowland—located between Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and Monster’s, Inc. Laugh Floor—to pick up your starter bag of candy. Be sure to show your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card.

Fine print at the bottom of the page:
Important Information about Membership Extras:
Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective September 17, 2019, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 100 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/ticket-tour/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter