"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight’s party is very crowded. The mics stopped working for the first Hocus Pocus show, so the actors left the stage and they just did the finale. Space Mountain has been down the entire party so far.

35 minute wait for Pirates and 30 minute wait for Haunted Mansion.

Tonight’s party is very crowded. The mics stopped working for the first Hocus Pocus show, so the actors left the stage and they just did the finale. Space Mountain has been down the entire party so far.

35 minute wait for Pirates and 30 minute wait for Haunted Mansion.
I'm at the party too and can also say the party is very crowded. Pirates line not even moving. Waited 40 min for Jasmine/genie. Skipped some long ToT lines. Was hoping for smaller crowds but not happening. Got most of the magic shots done before 7 so that's a plus. Also was able to get the Lotso burger at 5.

OP, people who have gone this year will be able to give you very specific information about when the line starts and what the process is. I think they just haven't seen your question yet. People are getting there much earlier than 4:30.
Most nights the line is forming around 3, and CMs will distribute party wristbands to those in line prior to 4. If you cannot be in the park prior to 4 (DVC, AP or with a day ticket) make sure you are front of the line to enter and proceed directly to Town Square Theater. The line forms rapidly once party guests are allowed to enter.

Yeah, I went to tonight's party, too (it was a last minute decision).
I went on two rides (Mad Tea Party and PotC--I think the ride had a brief malfunction, cause the line stopped moving for 20 - 30 minutes), visited six trick-or-treat spots, saw the parade, made a quick trip to the Emporium, and bailed by 10. I thought the parade was disappointing, compared to the last time I went (2017). Where was the Headless Horseman? Why were there fewer villains? It also didn't help that there was a group of people behind me that kept pushing into me--both people and their stroller--repeatedly.

I'm going again later this week and have some different stuff planned for that night.

I doubt I''ll be coming back for the party after this year, unless they convert the entire park into Halloween Town or something (which I know won't happen).

Just back from our second party in a row. Tonight was definitely more crowded than last night, but we focused on riding rides and had a grand time. Did most of our trick or treating after 10 pm and left with bags full. Also got a fun photo with Lotso - jumped in line right as the first parade began. We’re going to two more parties this week (Thursday and Friday), so we’ll see how they compare. I know Thursday is sold out. We are loving the Party Pass - able to enjoy everything at a much more relaxed pace.

I think this is definitely a one and done for me.

The party was more crowded than any of the times I’ve been in any park during my current trip. I was pretty disappointed that the actors just left when a mic went down during Hocus Pocus and I didn’t get a chance to see it again.

I fell down some steps that were dark and a little slick. I didn’t break anything, but my new shoes are a bit scuffed and I lost my favorite Ariel Magic Band. I did go to guest services to report it lost and they ended up giving me a pink one to match my Steven Universe costume. Which was pretty nice of them. I didn’t ask, so I appreciated it. I know they like the fog effects, but they really should keep the steps lighted.

I did get to do a lot, even if I wasn’t able to get any character pictures.I’m not mad that I did it, but I wouldn’t do it again.

Reading back, I guess we got really lucky for Sunday the 20th's party. We are FL res AP holders, were staying at Ft Wilderness this weekend and decided on a whim on Friday to buy the tickets for Sunday. We don't usually spend extra money on hard ticket events and have never attended the party. I already had FPs for MK on Sunday from 10:15-12:15, so we went in, used our FPs and were back to the camper around 1:30 . Had a nap, late lunch/early dinner and back to the party around 5. I will say, the park was not very crowded during the day either on Sunday, in comparison to a lot of weekends we usually experience. We didn't do any character pictures, but hit all the ToT trails and we had very short waits for all the rides we went on. Saw the parade, fireworks and Hocus Pocus. Back to the camper around 11:30. We did get the sorcerer cards, but have never played the game so that's a new thing for us next time we come over for the day. We had fun, but it's probably not something I need to experience every year. I do want to stay at the Fort for Halloween one year, the decorations at the camp sites were so much fun.

Will the MNSSHP Merch find it's way to the character outlet store after the last party, or should I not risk being cheap and just buy stuff full price at the party? 🙃

Weird. I didn’t think last night was crowded, but I didn’t do characters.

Filled my ToT bag to the brim with completely walk through lines. No waiting.

Started the party with two ToT lines in fantasy land, rode haunted mansion with a 5 minute wait and watched lady carlotta for about 20 minutes. Then went over to pirates, but it was too long so we got a Carmel pretzel (gross) and ToT in the area. Then went on big thunder with a 10 minute wait, ToT by big thunder. Went on splash with a 10 minute wait. Headed over to get the hades nachos right when the first parade started. They were good. Then jumped on pirates with a 5-10 minute wait. Headed to the hub and got an unobstructed middle view for the fireworks about 25 minutes ahead of time.We then did the laugh floor treat line as a walk through. Walked back over to the hub and got a spot right on the curb near the castle as the Sanderson show was supposed to start (it was modified). We hung out and watched the parade. The headless horseman was great. From there we walked over to space mountain and got a ride in within 5 minutes to end the night.

I enjoyed it.

We chickened out. I changed our party date from the sold out party on Thursday to the party on Sunday. We added one night at the CR after we bought the party tickets, so now the Sunday party would be more convenient.

Do you enter the bypass immediately after getting your wristbands? My DD really wants the SOTMK card and I am trying to figure out if we need to take a trip down Main St during the night for it or if it is a stop on the way in anyways since I am not familiar with the bypass but planned our first FP at Space by 4:30 so we plan on taking the bypass in. We plan on getting in SDMT line right before 12 am so Im not sure if on the way out would even be an option?

Also wondering if anyone has seen the Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets in Disney Springs? It would be great not to have to carry it all night at the party!

Do you enter the bypass immediately after getting your wristbands? My DD really wants the SOTMK card and I am trying to figure out if we need to take a trip down Main St during the night for it or if it is a stop on the way in anyways since I am not familiar with the bypass but planned our first FP at Space by 4:30 so we plan on taking the bypass in. We plan on getting in SDMT line right before 12 am so Im not sure if on the way out would even be an option?
No, you walk into MK under the bridge on the right and the CMs may encourage you to go through the bypass to get your candy sampler and ease traffic flow, but you can go anyway you like. It may honestly be easiest to pickup the card 1st and then go through the bypass and cut over to Tomorrowland.

We purchased tickets for the party on the 29th on the day of release. Had I known about the party pass at the time I would have purchased them for the 31st. I have a really bad feeling that 29th is going to be a hot mess because it's the final party pass event. We had a nightmare experience at MVMCP last year that wound us up with a refund (and you know those NEVER happen) so now I'm a wreck we're going to experience a repeat. Wish me luck! =\

We went to the Monday 10/21 party. It was not sold out, but based on the crowds we saw, we can' t imagine being at a sold out party. Lines for Haunted Mansion, last we saw them, were right out into the main walkway.....much longer than when day guests were still in the park. We left at 10:15.....the first time we have ever not stayed until the very end of the party.

We have been faithfully attending the parties since 2015 (some years, more than one each season) and I'm afraid this year was our last. The party itself offers some great highlights, but the fun is sucked out of this excellent event when its oversold. Such a shame.

We are sincerely hoping that Disney keeps their After Hours events, and doesn't allow greed to poison the good thing they have going. We LOVED the MK After Hours that we attended in the spring, and will definitely stick to those going forward when we feel the need for a Disney fix.

I'll be at the one on the 29th celebrating my birthday - woot! I went to the very first party this year in August and I'm curious if the sold out/crowded ones are more crowded than that one - I'm guessing not. It would be interesting to know if they've upped the number they let in since they're selling the party pass this year. If I lived in Orlando or could go more often, I'd have bought one in a heartbeat!

We purchased tickets for the party on the 29th on the day of release. Had I known about the party pass at the time I would have purchased them for the 31st. I have a really bad feeling that 29th is going to be a hot mess because it's the final party pass event. We had a nightmare experience at MVMCP last year that wound us up with a refund (and you know those NEVER happen) so now I'm a wreck we're going to experience a repeat. Wish me luck! =\

We bought ours shortly after they went on sale. I'm also worried about the crowds HOWEVER, we have a plan for the most important things we want to do...and it's not that our expectations are low but we are going in realistically that it will probably be crowed if not sold out by next week...
We will be wearing the same shirts as we have on in my avatar so if you see us, say hi!

Can Monsters be done as just a ToT line walk through or do you need to allow extra time for the whole show? I'm trying to finalize the plan for Sunday and I'm not sure how much time to allow. My kids are older so we want to peek at it but not spend much of our precious party time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter