• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went last night and yes it was sold out and crowded but we were able to accomplish what we wanted. This was my first MNSSHP and the only ticketed event I have been to was Villians after dark.

Spent the morning in Epcot so only had one fast pass to use for the party. Arrived around 5ish and was surprised how fast we got through bag check and lines to get in. Epcot was a long wait in the morning. We didn’t do the mountains or 7DMT because my husband isn’t a fan.

Little Mermaid - FP
Winnie the Pooh - 15 min wait
Pirates- 10 minute wait but felt quicker
Ate at Peco Bills
Haunted Mansion X2 the sign said 55 minutes but the first tine was about 15 and the second was a couple of minutes
Tomorrowland Speedway
Peoplemover
Buzz light year
Lunching pad for cream cheese pretzel
Peter Pan- the longest wait close to 40 minutes
I may have missed a ride

We watched fireworks and left around 10:40.
Overall a great time but compared to Villians it was extremely busy and hard to move around.

Is the Oogie Boogie popcorn still available anywhere? Our party isnt until the 27th so its probably too early to ask, but my DD REALLY wants one!
I bought one last night at the stand in front of the castle. They were selling one at America in Epcot too which looked the same. It’s not a party exclusive thing.

Last edited:
I had a good party also, though I was at MK from 8 AM till midnight, Had FP for Space 8:40, Splash 9:40, Jungle Cruise 10:50. Arrived at 8 AM, rode Peter Pan (20 min wait) and SDMT (30 min). Did my Space FP, rode Buzz (10 min). Headed over toward Splash, noticed people going up the BTMRR ramp (app had it closed ), so walked on that first, then did Splash. Did Tiki Room, then JC FP. 4th FP for Small World. Lunch break, Philharmagic, FP for Pooh, FP for teacups, then Laugh Floor. Got some food at Starbucks, watched the parade near town square, it started out hot and ended up raining.

Went in to wait for Jack & Sally after parade, was a nice break and I ate my food. After that collected my bag, rode Peoplemover, went to wait for Pooh and friends. I was enjoying watching everyone in their costumes. After Pooh I got in the Space line (said 35, was maybe 30 min). ToT at Laugh Floor, watched first Hocus Pocus, then headed with the crowd to Pirates, 20-25 min wait. ToT at CountrybBears, checked in for Plaza dessert party about 8:50 (no line) ate some desserts, then found a spot to watch first parade between Plaza and Starbucks.

Went to Plaza garden, sat down and scrolled the dis, realized cluelyss and family were sitting right next to me from her picture. After fireworks, went to HM, then BTMRR, a little more ToT, rode Carousel and Teacups, headed out around midnight. Basically did everything I wanted.Slept in today and relaxed at Typhoon Lagoon.

Georgina,
Sounds like you had an amazing day! Hope you a wonderful time. You got so much done!
How in the world did you last that long! I would have been exhausted!

I’d say that was a fun night. Really no complaints at all for how we do the parties - which is mainly TOT, a few rides, parades, and fireworks. This was party #2 for me, prior one was a Friday late August. I also did the Friday of Columbus Day weekend party last year. This one was busier than August, but it didn’t really impact anything or my overall perception of the event.

Like always, crowds felt lumpy, but we managed to zig/zag at key times and made quick adjustments when needed.

Sooo many more costumes tonight vs August, which definitely adds to the fun factor.

Perfect weather.

I do have some other thoughts that I’ll share later.

Hope those that went tonight enjoyed themselves.

C276A51B-6637-4065-8457-0EB157F135BF.jpeg

8E383C90-6BC2-4598-BA2A-84B85EE6CAF6.jpeg

Had a great time at the Oct 8th party. As mentioned it was busy but we have attended for several years so had no trouble maneuvering the crowds.

Our family enjoyed the Lotso burger and it was available starting at 5pm. The Jack slppers were at Cosmic Ray's. Pretty sure we saw them other places, I just don't remember where.

Got in line to meet Stitch at 5:50 with 4 groups in front of us. His meet did not start until 6:45. We were let inside about 6:35 and the photopass photographer invited individuals to take magic shots. She did the flaming pumpkin for my daughter. Saw her take the poison apple and other shots as well.

Finished the meet before 7 and headed to Space. It was about a 25 minute wait. Loved it and glad we took the time to ride.

We hit all the ToT stations and as reported they were giving out handfuls. Lines were long at first but moved quickly. By 930-10pm the lines were much lower.

We watched the first parade in Frontierland and the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show. Hit a few rides and met Minnie, Donald & Daisy with a 25 minute wait after the 1st parade.

Glad to hear the Thursday and Friday parties went well too!

I experienced both of your questions at our party this past Tuesday.

When you enter the Jack and Sally line they will give you a wristband after they scan your party ticket (magic band). We entered the line at 3:30 and got our party wristbands.

Yes, they all meet together in the Dumbo circus tent that houses the Dumbo playground. You meet Minnie first then Donald with Daisy.
How is the line for Donald/Daisy & Minnie?

How is the line for Donald/Daisy & Minnie?
It was one line in the Dumbo tent. We met Minnie first then Donald/Daisy together. As mentioned, the meet isn't obvious because there are cast members outside the dumbo ride just holding a sign. Once inside the CM told us a 25 minute wait and it was accurate.

It was one line in the Dumbo tent. We met Minnie first then Donald/Daisy together. As mentioned, the meet isn't obvious because there are cast members outside the dumbo ride just holding a sign. Once inside the CM told us a 25 minute wait and it was accurate.
Sorry one last question. Is the playground open?

For those who have been to MNSSHP this year. How do the wait times seem for the different character meet and greets???? Specifically Jack and Sally. I know they are probably at the top of the list. Whens the best time to see them??? How do you know to get in line for when they first start greeting?? Thanks!!

Happy to report that we had a great time at the sold out party last night! We stayed out of the hub completely and everywhere else we went the crowds were shockingly manageable. Having a plan definitely helped but I was really surprised by how little we waited. This is what we got done:

• Had Amuck Amuck Amuck cupcake at Main St Bakery
  • Went straight to Adventureland where we rode Pirates almost walk on (this was before the actors were out)
  • Proceeded to Frontierland and rode BTMR twice back to back
  • Caught a bit of the Cadaver Dans show and did some pin shopping
  • Had Constance’s Wedding Cake, Mickey Halloween sundae and Headless Horseman Pumpkin Cheesecake in Liberty Square
  • Shopped at the Christmas store
  • Went to Fantasyland and got in line for 7DMT—at 35 min this was our longest wait of the night
  • Rode Teacups, Pooh and Barnstormer and did a tiny bit of ToT in Fantasyland
  • Did Astro Orbiter and Peoplemover then headed out—we caught a bit of the fireworks as we were walking and beat the crowds existing to the buses
As you can see we did not catch any shows or parades, nor do any character meets, but that wasn’t our priority. We pretty much accomplished everything we wanted except for riding HM, which was very crowded when we passed it and we ended up too tired to double back at the end of the evening.

Georgina,
Sounds like you had an amazing day! Hope you a wonderful time. You got so much done!
How in the world did you last that long! I would have been exhausted!
The 2 hour sit for Jack and Sally was perfect, then I sat and waited for Pooh. It was my only MK day and I have a lot of energy for a 57 year old!

I bought one last night at the stand in front of the castle. They were selling one at America in Epcot too which looked the same. It’s not a party exclusive thing.

Thanks! Has anyone seen the Oogie Boogie buckets in Disney Springs recently? We will not be in any parks besides MK for the party but if we could get one in DS and not have to carry it all night of the party--that would be great!
Had Amuck Amuck Amuck cupcake at Main St Bakery
How was it? It is on our list of specialty foods but I'm not sure if we will have the time to backtrack to Starbucks to get it or if it is even worth entering the hub and Main St for :)

We went to the 10/8 party and although sold out, we had a great time. Got there around 3(AP), only had 1 FP preplanned but was apple to ride Buzz,Dumbo, PP, tea cups, rand Winnie the Pooh all by 5:20ish. Also got out candy bag and wristband at monsters inc about 10 mins til 4. Got in line for Stitch about 5:35(hey, @LES91, we were one of the groups right ahead of you!), and like Les said, he came out at 6:45. Done before 7, rode buzz again, met Lotso, did a few tot stops were they gave out handfuls at a time! Stopped about 8 at Pecos to grab hades nachos. Went toward Main Street for parade as we had plaza garden party. I grabbed ya a second row spot right by the plaza garden while DH and DS checked in for dessert patty and got some desserts. They gave DH my band(this was a surprise), so I ran and got some snacks and carried them to our parade spot. First row were all sitting and made room for my 4 yr old, so great view getting there at 8:45-8:50. After parade, grabbed our firework spot and sat and relaxed until time(this was great, with a young one would happily do dessert party again for the rest time!). After, did more TOT, rode buzz AGAIN(son’s favorite), people watched, met Mickey. Got headless horseman shot in early out at 11:45(although turns out, we have another family’s photo). We did all that we really wanted and although seemed crowded at times, lines we were in moved fast and we had a great time!

Last edited:
Can anyone who's been recently confirm if they've seen Anastasia and Drizella out during party hours? I know they're listed on the first page here but i havn't seen them listed on the WDW app so just want to double check

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter