"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to valet at the Contemporary even if we don't have dining reservations there? If so, what is the cost? We are hoping to eat a counter service meal there, then walk to the MK and be in line for the party at around 3:00. We hope to walk back to the Contemporary after the party and take a Lyft back to Pop. We're trying to avoid relying on the bus system, especially after the party.

I think you are asking if you can take a rideshare (Uber or Lyft) to the Contemporary even if you don't have dining reservations there. If so, the answer is yes. The Contemporary doesn't charge you to be dropped off. You can use rideguru.com to get an estimate of what the cost would be for an Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary.

If you are asking whether you can valet park your car at the Contemporary (meaning you pay to have your car parked by a person working at the hotel) even if you do not have dining reservations there, that's a different question. But that doesn't make sense with the rest of your comment since you say you want to walk from MK to Contemporary and then take a Lyft from Contemporary to Pop. You wouldn't take a Lyft if you had left your car at the Contemporary.

We go to the Halloween party tomorrow. Still trying to find out if your whole party has to check in to the plaza garden dessert party at one time or if we can check in separate? TIA

I have never personally tried, so I'm not sure. They put a wristband on each member of your party at check-in. I suspect the CM won't just give you the wristbands for the rest of your party for you to put on later, but again, I'm not totally sure about that.

Hope you enjoy your party!

Thanks! Has anyone tried mobile ordering at Pecos Bills around 8 this party season? We used mobile ordering for the first time back in May and it was not much quicker or easier!
We were at the 10/6 party and I mobile ordered them at 7:30pm with no problem.

The rain last night started around 10:30pm and was kind of a bummer. It was off and on and when one of the Hocus Pocus shows got cancelled, we decided at 11pm to walk over to the Contemporary to grab a Lyft back to our resort. Hopefully the 11:15pm parade still happened! The party did not seem as crowded as the VAH event we went to in June, and the weather was actually nice until the rain started. We had just gotten on SDMT and didn’t realize it had started raining. That was interesting to ride at night in the rain! 😄

We were at the 10/6 party and I mobile ordered them at 7:30pm with no problem.
Do you remember if pecos was crowded? We've eaten there before the party started the last couple of years and it's always been a mad house. Thinking about switching it up this year and grabbing our dinner around 7 or 7:30p.

Do you remember if pecos was crowded? We've eaten there before the party started the last couple of years and it's always been a mad house. Thinking about switching it up this year and grabbing our dinner around 7 or 7:30p.
It was busy for sure, but there were still tables available, and thankfully my experience with mobile ordering the Hades nachos was seamless. I also requested some free cups of water when I picked up my order, and they were happy to oblige. I did not visit the toppings bar, so I can’t comment on how clean and/or stocked it was. Have fun at your party!

We were at the 10/6 party and were able to do just about everything on our list.

It started to sprinkle just as the fireworks ended and then started raining in earnest (lucky for us, just when we got to Cruella’s). Then it lightened up and the late parade went on (no horseman), but was super, super slow (didn’t finish at Town Square until about 12:10) and was missing some characters (no hitchhiking ghosts, for example).

I think you are asking if you can take a rideshare (Uber or Lyft) to the Contemporary even if you don't have dining reservations there. If so, the answer is yes. The Contemporary doesn't charge you to be dropped off. You can use rideguru.com to get an estimate of what the cost would be for an Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary.

If you are asking whether you can valet park your car at the Contemporary (meaning you pay to have your car parked by a person working at the hotel) even if you do not have dining reservations there, that's a different question. But that doesn't make sense with the rest of your comment since you say you want to walk from MK to Contemporary and then take a Lyft from Contemporary to Pop. You wouldn't take a Lyft if you had left your car at the Contemporary.

Thanks! I guess I am contemplating either using valet parking or Lyft. It might make more sense to just walk from/to the Contemporary and use Lyft to get back to Pop.

My son and I attended Parties on last Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I left it to him on what we would do. We would arrive around 4 and do rides until 9 and then switch over to T or T until 11-11:30. We would each have a large canvas bag that we would fill and then transfer candy to backpacks. We did this 4 times, at which time the bags and backpacks were full. We would watch the Parade on the way out. He’s not a fan of fireworks. I had brought 4 empty full sized suitcases that I filled with candy, two carryons that got candy and the two backpacks that were full of candy. TSA wasn’t too bad. They didn’t ask us to remove candy. Now that my son is back in school, I go back October 14th through 27th for 9 additional Parties, doing what I want to do. This includes Character meets, rides and fireworks. I’ll still do T or T but not for two hours. Since I’m driving this time, all of the candy can fit in my trunk easily.

I have never personally tried, so I'm not sure. They put a wristband on each member of your party at check-in. I suspect the CM won't just give you the wristbands for the rest of your party for you to put on later, but again, I'm not totally sure about that.

Hope you enjoy your party!

In the past they've just marked our party as checked in and notated how many wristbands were out standing. As other members of our party arrived they checked in with our name.and got their wristbands. This was last year.

Matt

I wanted to chime in with our thoughts from attending the parties on 10/3 (Thurs), 10/4 (Friday) and 10/6 (Sunday). We (2 adults) also attended 3 parties last year, 1 of which was sold out (Columbus Day weekend I believe). By far, the least crowded day was Thursday and each party increased in crowds. With that being said, we found all three to be very manageable and we accomplished the things we wanted with ease w/o much hassle. We arrived each day at about 3:45 and stayed until midnight each night. We went to Cruella's on Thurs and Sunday, and had a lovely time on both evenings. Plenty of places to sit, Cruella was AMAZING and very entertaining, food was tasty and drinks were plentiful. We checked in Super early (about 8 pm) for Cruella's, which allowed us to avoid the crush of check-ins we encountered the first night around 9 pm. We only used the reserved parade viewing on Thursday, which was well policed by CMs and had plenty of room with lots of great views. We also did a dessert party from the Terrace on Friday, which was nice and we were allowed in and seated at 8:00 pm (!!) which surprised us and was a great bonus for us. We chose these parties carefully, based on previous experience with Free Dining, Cast Member Discounts, Columbus Day, Rosh Hashana, etc. and it seemed to work out great for us! By the time Sunday came, we had accomplished everything we wanted plus, and were surprised to find the line for Jack/Sally was only about 45 minutes when we got in line around 7:30ish. They were wonderful (we've met them before and got in line just for fun!). We also met Mickey in his costume w/ a 15 minute wait around 8:45pm. Another suprise for us was that we went to check out the 7 Dwarfs on Friday evening b/c of their new home in the A/C :) To our shock, the wait was only 20 minutes, so we decided we'd give it a go (last year we couldn't stand the heat of the outdoor line and bailed). We were able to ride HM multiple times each party, plus Pooh, Peter, Small World, Little Mermaid, People Mover and Pirates every night. All in all, we had a great time. Maybe even a little more fun than the parties last year. Hope those of you going the rest of the month have a great time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter