• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do they do this? The party really starts at 7 but early entry at 4 and DVC at 2? When we did the Christmas party they vacated the whole park around 4 and then a reentry for the party. How is this done with all the early entry times to make sure everyone there has a party ticket?
You will get a party wristband at whatever time you enter to designate you have a party ticket for that night. There is no vacating of the entire park, but at 7 there are CMs stationed all over the park checking for wristbands to enter each land, at rides, even to shop and dine. They do a great job of sweeping the park of day guests, IMO.

So how do they do this? The party really starts at 7 but early entry at 4 and DVC at 2? When we did the Christmas party they vacated the whole park around 4 and then a reentry for the party. How is this done with all the early entry times to make sure everyone there has a party ticket?

Castmembers check for party wristbands.

Last night might be our last party. It was ok, it noticeably busier than the other two parties we have done. We watched the first parade in Frontierland, then headed to the Hub for fireworks. We got a spot just behind a railing, right by Walt. It was perfect-great view of projections and Jack. Then we headed to meet Elvis Stitch (top character priority), then Space Mountain. SM was fun in the dark, but the wait at that point was still pretty long - posted at 20 minutes and may have been a bit longer. We left after that - second parade had not yet hit Main Street and we wanted to get through before that.

All in all, it was fun, but I am not sure we will do it again. Crowds seemed the same or worse than an average park day. But for this short trip (we flew down for two nights - one at Hoop De Doo, one at MNSSHP), it was fine.

Tuesday is October 1 and sold out. October 3 is a Thursday and listed as still open. Do you have your dates or days mixed up?

I wouldn't count on being able to get a ticket to the party if it's sold out. I don't believe there are "cancellations", since it's not a reservation type of ticket. If you meant your wife has a ticket for tomorrow, October 1 which is sold out, I would try to change it to October 3 and you both can go.

Typo on my part. She has a ticket for Tuesday, October 1st. Unfortunately, October 3rd isn't an option for us.😒

How many parties sold out last year?

I feel like it’s way more this year that are selling out

How many parties sold out last year?

I feel like it’s way more this year that are selling out

And if we break it down to just the month of Sept party dates, as that may be more interesting:

2019: 3 out of 12 (25%)
2018: 1 out of 12 (8%)
2017: 2 out of 11 (18%)
2016: 1 out of 11 (9%)
2015: 4 out of 6 (67%)
2014: 1 out of 10 (10%)

Reading these reports is also getting me worried. We are going on Oct 24 and hopefully the crowds are not too bad. We just wanted to do some ToT, the ride overlays watch the parade, fireworks and hocus pocus show. It's just going to be DH and I and we're not too fussed, I just wanted to experience Halloween here as Halloween isn't as huge in Australia. We can't really change our ticket times either so fingers crossed its not too crowded :(

The other option would be attempt to get a refund on MNSSHP and spend the day in Epcot instead but as Disney specified that MNSSHP is non refundable I'm not sure how lucky we would be in attempting to refund.

It never hurts to ask and Disney has always been accommodating.

So, now that we are seeing some of the effects of the party pass I am wondering what you guys think would be a better choice for a party night. I am there on Halloween week and thought that Oct 29 would be a better choice since it is a Tuesday and NOT Halloween night, but now I am wondering if we are better off just going on Oct 31 since it will almost certainly be sold out, but won't have party pass holders to add to the crowd. What do you think? Do you think that the party pass exclusion may actually keep some locals away on Halloween night?

So, now that we are seeing some of the effects of the party pass I am wondering what you guys think would be a better choice for a party night. I am there on Halloween week and thought that Oct 29 would be a better choice since it is a Tuesday and NOT Halloween night, but now I am wondering if we are better off just going on Oct 31 since it will almost certainly be sold out, but won't have party pass holders to add to the crowd. What do you think? Do you think that the party pass exclusion may actually keep some locals away on Halloween night?

I would definitely go when party passholders are blocked. Sold out is sold out and the only difference is whether you have party holders added in on top of it. And even if the 29th isn’t sold out, it’s going be close to a sellout.

We've attended two parties during the last week of October for years and one party has always been on Oct 31st. With a good plan we've never had issues getting around. Many have toured the entire park on Halloween night dedicating 2+ hours per section avoiding backtracking with success.

With two parties we divided the park in half one night we focused on Fantasyland / Tomorrowland / Main Street and on the second party Liberty Square / Frontierland / Adventureland.

It all depends on your wish list, obviously you cannot not get everything done in one night so you need to prioritize.

We went last night and while it seemed crowded we managed to do everything I wanted. I think if you go with a great attitude and a plan as far as your priorities you will have a great time.

We are APs so riding the rides were not as important to us and wanted to focus on the all the Halloween festivities!

Got to Jack and Sally at 3 and were given the party wristband. They came right out at 4:30 and we were done by 4:50. Had FastPass for Minnie and Mickey until 5:30. Saw them at 5. Then grabbed food at Pinocchio’s and took a little while for my food allergy but was happy for the ac. Went back up front to get TOT bags and photos in the bypass. Then headed to people mover and rode that until party officially began at 7.

At 7, we went to Monsters Inc overlay and TOT. It was pretty cute and fun. Then went back to Main Street to get photos taken and magic shots. We went TOT by Jungle Cruise and then rode Pirates at about 8 and wait said 30 minutes but only 20. I really liked the cast members and our boat clapped at them for their participation so they seemed to enjoy it. We then grabbed some snacks and drinks at Pecos and headed to my favorite spot for the parade at about 8:45 in front of the Frontier Trading Post (a big wood block you can sit and stand over crowds). After parade, we cut through Adventureland to stake our fireworks spot. After watching the new fireworks, I truly miss Hallowishes, the music just is a little cheesy for me.

After the fireworks, the ride waits were way down with a few exceptions. We headed to Haunted Mansion to get more photos and do the ride. Wait said 35 minutes but was only 15. Enjoyed seeing my favorite lawn guest there as always. Then for the remainder 30 minutes we hit all the TOT stations and hit the mother lode of candy.

We had a great time and this was a sold out party!

We were at the MNSSHP Friday night 9/27 and it was absolutely miserable. We've done these parties in the past and never, and I mean NEVER was it this crowded. We had heard tickets were limited to 30,000, but with the selling of the passes for residents (or very frequent visitors) to go to every party (even allowing access to sold out parties) it made this really unpleasant. We will not be repeating any of these seasonal events in the future if Disney wants to continue to sell those passes. To say something is " a limited ticket event" but then allow masses of extra people in when it is already considered "sold out" makes it no longer "limited". I don't believe any comments regarding them "selling less tickets in order to accommodate the passes" or any of that propaganda based on what we experienced either.

We've been to MK during all different times of year and this party was more crowded than even regular busy days at MK. They were making announcements asking for volunteers with the passes to leave (yeah right!!) due to it being so crowded. It wasn't even so much the wait times as just trying to make your way across the park, enjoy the parade, get candy, or be in the hub. People were frustrated, nasty, and it was hot so that didn't help the overall mood of the guests. We really felt that the difference was likely all the people that had purchased the passes and were granted admission even with the party being sold out. Even the cast members were commenting on this being an issue and seemed frustrated. Long, long, long, lines at the treat stations. HM had a 50 min wait at 9pm which was right before the parade so the masses sitting and waiting for the parade and watching the shows in the hub didn't even help ease the lines. Needless to say it was very disappointing for us and we ended up just leaving at about 10pm, total waste of money. Additionally, people were still entering the party when we were leaving at 10, and clearly those are not people that paid for a one time event. We had originally planned on waiting for the people with the young kids to leave and ease the crowds a bit, but after seeing all the people still heading in, we were glad we didn't.

Not that it will do any good, but I plan to write Disney and let them know that calling this event a "limited ticket event" is false advertising. Going forward we will use our Extra Magic Hours (we were able to do everything using these!) or splurge for one of the actual limited ticket events rather than do any of the seasonal parties. If anyone is planning on doing the MVMCP this year I would wait to see if they announce a similar unlimited party pass again before spending money on the tickets.

No blame at all placed on the people that have the tickets, it's an awesome deal for them and if I lived there I would buy it too, but this is just a warning for anyone that is only getting one opportunity for the party, especially anyone that is using the party as the only visit to MK during their trip, or thinking of saving a day's ticket cost by buying the party ticket. I'm sure there were many who enjoyed the party and don't agree with my assessment (though I have no idea how you could argue it), and that's fine, but this party is not what it has been in the past. IYou can see it for yourself if you go on youtube and search for MNSSHP crowd levels, or view any of the live streams listed on the sold out dates.

Same exact day, experience and thoughts going forward. Disappointed.

I'm hoping you might share input for our upcoming party plans. I'm flying down to spend a few days with my daughter, who goes to school about 40 minutes away from WDW. It will be my only visit down to see her this semester. Our only park plans this trip were to go to the party on the 29th. I already bought the tickets. But now, I am considering buying tickets on the 27th as well, as an insurance policy/backup.

We went to the party two years ago and had fun, but it rained most of the evening and wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been without rain. We tried a do-over last year, but DD became very ill on the party night. We made it all the way into the MK parking lot, turned around, and drove straight to the hospital. She spent the rest of the visit in the hotel room, heavily medicated and sleeping. I was told by the docs to take care of her, but stay away from her as much as possible as she was contagious. Disney was nice enough to refund our park tickets with the hospital report, though.

So we're trying a do-over... again. I would hate to come all the way down for a rainy party. And now the crowds have us concerned. Should I just buy the tickets for the 27th to be on the safe side? Do you think both parties will be sell-outs? Which party might be more crowded?

TIA for any advice. :)

Last edited:
Took all day but I was able to work everything out with Disney regarding our MNSSHP and hotel night. I told them about my son and my disability and they gave us a one time complimentary refund for the party tickets. I pushed my hotel reservation out 2 weeks and then cancelled it completely.
I'm happy it all worked out in the end because the icing on the cake is my daughter woke up sick this morning and went to the doctor.
Thanks for all the great advice you guys!
Those of you going to the parties, enjoy!

We dined and dashed at the dessert party and got a spot to see the parade on Main Street next to the ice cream parlor, great view. So far we are having a great time!
I hadn't thought of that. I have a Plaza Garden dessert party for the 10th. Was planning to wait for the 2nd parade, but I don't need a front row view, maybe fitting the first in between dessert and fireworks would work. Plus I think I read somewhere they let you take desserts with you from the party?

I hadn't thought of that. I have a Plaza Garden dessert party for the 10th. Was planning to wait for the 2nd parade, but I don't need a front row view, maybe fitting the first in between dessert and fireworks would work. Plus I think I read somewhere they let you take desserts with you from the party?

We were one of the first groups to check in at 8:25 and were at our table within moments. We don’t like WDW desserts at all so I only book for the reserved viewing. We did have a couple beverages and tried a couple of the desserts and had some cheeseburger egg rolls. We figured we didn’t care if we got a great parade spot but would try because we didn’t want to be out too late while my husband is hurt. We ended up in a fantastic spot in the second row with the family in the first row sitting the whole time so our view was completely unobstructed. We saw people with desserts in the fireworks area when we got back there so it seemed ok to take some to go! Good luck, I hope you have a great party!!!!

Totally random question...I'll post my review when I'm home (Tues) but did anyone who went tonight (Sunday) get a White Twix? Its the ONE candy I wanted to try from previous reports and DH and I got TONS of candy and not one! I'm wondering if they weren't handed out then? I saw a random one laying on the floor of Country Bears..I was tempted, but I didn't! lol...
They are in the Mars pack from the bypass ToT stop. Unless they were somewhere else, that’s the only one I received.
View attachment 440111View attachment 440112
Ahh thanks for the info! I didnt open it yet...that makes sense! Crisis averted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter