"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to two parties this year, (the 20th and the 22). Friday the 20th was a fantastic party as the crowds were not bad at all. The 22nd was terrible and was a sold out party. For the sold out party around 11:00 the crowds were drastically reduced. Candy lines and ride waits were way shorter after 11:00pm. I will say for the money, we had way more fun at the DAH MK and Animal Kingdom this time. It was like a ghost town in the parks.

People, people, everywhere and not a spot to think!

At the party. It’s worse than I expected and I knew it was sold out going into it. Got here at 5:30 and it took 25 min just to get through the turnstiles and get our bands. We rode peoplemover and then attempted buzz and space but bailed as the wait time doubled as we were standing there. We got in line for Pirates at 6:50 and made it through in 30 min. The live pirates did nothing to enhance the experience, IMO.

Luckily did mobile ordering for Peco Bill’s and Columbia Harbor House and pick up was quick and easy. We were able to find a table at Columbia House. In fact, it was pretty empty downstairs.

We will see Cadaver Dans and do a few photo passes but I think that’s it for us. The line for TOT is insane for a few pieces of candy and the ride waits on the app don’t seem to be letting up. So disappointed.

Oh and the announcement I heard was offering guests to go to City Hall to exchange tonight’s tickets for another night. 🤷🏻‍♀️

People have been experiencing that the posted wait times are not accurate. If a ride is a priority for you, I suggest trying it regardless of the posted wait time period most people for most rides are experiencing much less weight times then are posted. We found that to be the case for both of the parties we attended on 9/15 and 9/17

At the party. It’s worse than I expected and I knew it was sold out going into it. Got here at 5:30 and it took 25 min just to get through the turnstiles and get our bands. We rode peoplemover and then attempted buzz and space but bailed as the wait time doubled as we were standing there. We got in line for Pirates at 6:50 and made it through in 30 min. The live pirates did nothing to enhance the experience, IMO.

Luckily did mobile ordering for Peco Bill’s and Columbia Harbor House and pick up was quick and easy. We were able to find a table at Columbia House. In fact, it was pretty empty downstairs.

We will see Cadaver Dans and do a few photo passes but I think that’s it for us. The line for TOT is insane for a few pieces of candy and the ride waits on the app don’t seem to be letting up. So disappointed.

Oh and the announcement I heard was offering guests to go to City Hall to exchange tonight’s tickets for another night. 🤷🏻‍♀️

So sorry that you are experiencing the same things we did Friday night. I agree with the live pirates not really adding much to the experience. We also waited about 30 min. Same exact experience for us arriving at 5:30 as well. I hope you do as I plan to do and notify Disney of your disappointment. Hope the rest of your trip is magical!

I'm sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland. Plenty of open space with no people.

It is a little after 8 now. We ate at Pecos Bills which took much longer than normal just because we were being indecisive and walking in circles trying to figure out if we wanted to ride something or eat and by the time we decided it was too late to mobile order. It didn’t take us long to order or eat. We rode Splash, wait said 15 we were on the log in about 7 minutes. We rode up front so I got pretty water logged! Had to readjust my headpiece then we were off to Tomorrowland. In line for Buzz, says 20 and is likely that given our progress thus far. Definitely more crowded than last year’s party at this time, but we are still doing well and mostly avoiding the crowds. Have been sticking to the perimeter so I have no clue what the castle area looks like.

Reading these reports is also getting me worried. We are going on Oct 24 and hopefully the crowds are not too bad. We just wanted to do some ToT, the ride overlays watch the parade, fireworks and hocus pocus show. It's just going to be DH and I and we're not too fussed, I just wanted to experience Halloween here as Halloween isn't as huge in Australia. We can't really change our ticket times either so fingers crossed its not too crowded :(

The other option would be attempt to get a refund on MNSSHP and spend the day in Epcot instead but as Disney specified that MNSSHP is non refundable I'm not sure how lucky we would be in attempting to refund.

It is a little after 8 now. We ate at Pecos Bills which took much longer than normal just because we were being indecisive and walking in circles trying to figure out if we wanted to ride something or eat and by the time we decided it was too late to mobile order. It didn’t take us long to order or eat. We rode Splash, wait said 15 we were on the log in about 7 minutes. We rode up front so I got pretty water logged! Had to readjust my headpiece then we were off to Tomorrowland. In line for Buzz, says 20 and is likely that given our progress thus far. Definitely more crowded than last year’s party at this time, but we are still doing well and mostly avoiding the crowds. Have been sticking to the perimeter so I have no clue what the castle area looks like.

Awesome! We're avoiding the hub tonight. Trick or treat and attractions are what we're doing.

Lights went on when we were on People Mover going through Space Mt.

Definitely busy here - since official party start, we have done Mad Tea Party, DescenDance party, a little ToT, now sitting alongside Frontierland parade area while DH/DD are off riding BTMR. It is busy.

We're here at the party tonight, taking a break at the dessert party. So far we've found it to be crowded, but not nearly as bad as the party we went to last year. Maybe we've been lucky and are just missing the crowds, but we've gone through a few ToT lines with hardly anyone in them, rode space, HM, thunder, buzz and pirates, and stopped at a handful of photopass photographers. Definitely need a break now! Hopefully the rest of the night goes as smoothly!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. These reports are making me worried. :( I do hope all of you with bad experiences are communicating with Disney.

I absolutely will email them just like I did when we went last October when it was just as bad. I have no hopes writing will do a thing though. Until we talk with our wallets, they aren’t going to listen. And I’m just as guilty of not doing that as anyone else- but no more.

I'm sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland. Plenty of open space with no people.

We just said that the party is great if you just sit down and don’t try and do anything. We sat thru 1 hocus pocus show, inched up afterwards to the street in front of the stage now, sat through another show and waiting for the parade. Then we’ll watch the fireworks and work our way up to the front so my grandson can actually see the next show. Then maybe at that point we’ll have a little time to run him through a few tot lines.

Back in my room at the Poly by 11pm. After the parade we went to the Plaza fireworks viewing area, so glad we did the package, we had a great spot and were even able to see Jack well.

We left right after fireworks through the bypass, my husband is recovering from a back injury so we didn’t want to overdo it. We tried to take the TTC ferry back first but it was going to be a while because the boat was at the TTC and the water pageant was coming through. We walked over to the resort monorail and were able to board immediately.

We had a great night, the fireworks were fantastic, we had no complaints.

I think one of my number one complaints with the party is the inconsistent ride times stated at the beginning of the ride! It aggravates me when they do it at the end of the night on a normal night, but If that’s my last ride, I don’t really care anyway. BUT when I’m at a party and wondering if I can ride BTMRR before seeing the first parade and deciding no 25 min or whatever isn’t enough time, only to find out it’s 10 min or something after the fact is super frustrating!!! There’s so much planning involved in the first place, just be honest about the wait time Disney. I didn’t quote it, but a PP said Rapunzel was a 40 min wait but in reality was walk-in...there is absolutely no reason for Disney not to advertise correct waits! I don’t see how it gains them anything other than a bad rap for wait times that aren’t even true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter