• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that after I posted, sorry! My husband said he checked, but that must've been earlier in the week and not last night! Will have to weigh if we should do a full park day and the Halloween party on Thursday (10/3) or not. Our three year old is a night owl so maybe she can make it.

No worries. I asked which site because there are a few third party sellers and someone else wanted tickets that night too. :hug:

However, according to Vinotinto, it’s not the Party Passes, because Party Passes are exempt from sellouts, so sellouts are entirely based on individual party tickets, which makes sense. And now UT is stating that Disney is “overselling” the parties, so no wonder it’s crowded.
I'm optimistically hoping that Disney is holding back tickets because of the party pass people unpredictability. :rolleyes:

We are going in two weeks and have a large family gathering at the party. Not everyone has their tickets yet and I'm half tempted to call UT and ask about it and what the deal is with the sell outs and Disney overselling tickets.

I just checked UT and they have October 1 listed as sold out. ???
https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-ticket/

I'm getting really confused with all these sell outs. I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere else on the thread. I'm behind on posts!

Ok, I called UT to see what the story is and because we have two, possibly 3 family members who don't have their tickets yet. She told me that what was happening is that Disney was selling tickets that they had available for 3rd party sellers. I'm probably not wording that right, but basically they sold the inventory that the 3rd party sellers had available to them, which is what led to people ordering tickets through UT for the next few parties and having to have them cancelled. She also said that October 1 is close to selling out, so rather than keep the date available and have Disney do the same thing again....over sell the tix, they took it off preemptively. I really like UT and have used them a lot over the years for all kinds of tickets and I'm really disappointed that Disney is putting them in the position of having to cancel on their customers.
She also said if you want tickets, don't wait on it. I'm passing that on to the rest of my family ASAP.

Okay so sorry if this question has already been answered, but.. are the party-exclusive snacks available before 7pm? We will be MK by at least 4pm, and I want to eat dinner (specifically a Lotso burger!) before the party actually starts. We are going to the party on this Friday the 27th, and I am doing my last minute plans. Thanks guys!!

We got Lot-so burgers between 6 and 6:30pm at 2 different parties.

Ok, I called UT to see what the story is and because we have two, possibly 3 family members who don't have their tickets yet. She told me that what was happening is that Disney was selling tickets that they had available for 3rd party sellers. I'm probably not wording that right, but basically they sold the inventory that the 3rd party sellers had available to them, which is what led to people ordering tickets through UT for the next few parties and having to have them cancelled. She also said that October 1 is close to selling out, so rather than keep the date available and have Disney do the same thing again....over sell the tix, they took it off preemptively. I really like UT and have used them a lot over the years for all kinds of tickets and I'm really disappointed that Disney is putting them in the position of having to cancel on their customers.
She also said if you want tickets, don't wait on it. I'm passing that on to the rest of my family ASAP.

So Disney is tapping into 3rd party inventory. It would’ve been nice for them to let UT know that instead of forcing them to cancel orders and issue refunds. Or maybe that’s the way it’s always been. I don’t know, what a pain.

Got tix for Friday, Oct 11. I was waiting to see how the weather would be. Two years ago we went to a party that had major disruptions due to rain, including cancelled shows, cancelled parade elements, delayed parades, delayed fireworks (with no updates on if and / or when they would take place; we wasted a lot of time waiting and then went to do other stuff and missed part of some our must do’s). But, it is unprecedented this year how parties have sold out days in advance. So, taking the risk on the weather and hoping for the best!

I read a blog post today which said that ticket sales for MNSSHP have been considered slow enough that Disney added kiosks at the monorail hotels to sell more tickets. The article said it is a limited time pilot program. I follow many Disney bloggers on Twitter and only read about this once.

I read a blog post today which said that ticket sales for MNSSHP have been considered slow enough that Disney added kiosks at the monorail hotels to sell more tickets. The article said it is a limited time pilot program. I follow many Disney bloggers on Twitter and only read about this once.
The 3 recent sell-outs indicate that if they were slow earlier in the season, they are picking up. Maybe guests are not exactly thinking Halloween in August. But they are thinking Halloween now.

Thank you so much for the advice!! Did you happen to try and ride Pirates, Splash, or BTMRR before securing your parade spot? What time did the headless horseman come through near CBJ? I was going to let the kids ToT at CBJ while we held the parade spot so your story is super helpful!! If all goes according to plan we will be in Adventureland around 7:30 so I am trying to decide what all we can squeeze in before getting a parade spot somewhere near CBJ.

We were in Adventureland from 7-7:45 or so. We were dressed as Aladdin characters so wanted to meet both sets of characters we took turns riding the carpets and trick or treating. Pirates was about a 30 min wait at 7:45 so we went to Splash and it was walk on. Obviously it’s a long ride, so the whole experience took about 25 min. BTMRR was a 20 min wait I think. We were actually wanting to watch the parade from MainStreet so cut through the shortcut by CBJ (and TOT’d there at probably 8:40. For reference, most of the front row parade spots were full by 8:40 in Frontierland. I’m not going to say you couldn’t find something but there weren’t obvious spots. It took us about 10-15 min to get through the line and we hightailed it to meet my DH right at 9 on Mainstreet. He had got there about 8:50 and grabbed one of the last remaining curbside spots across from Starbucks. The headless horseman came by at 9:14 according to my phone pics but that was on Mainstreet not Frontierland! Hope this helps and I’m happy to answer anything else that I can! It so overwhelming trying to plan. I feel as though We could have done Pirates, Splash and BTMRR before the parade if we hadn’t done the character meets, but I would do Splash last as it was mostly walk-in all night. For the record, we completely avoided Liberty square area until the very end of the night. We went to the 9/20 party which although crowded was by no means sold out.

Let me know if this isn’t allowed- Is anyone on this thread at WDW this week? I’m looking for a MNSSHP party map and blank wilderness explorers book to fancy up a gift card present.
If you have one or wouldn’t mind grabbing an extra this week PM me! Happy to PayPal for shipping and your time.

My son is going as the dog catcher from 101 Dalmatians. We were thinking about a fish net for the dog catcher accessory. Would this be allowed through the gate? On Amazon it's listed as...

RESTCLOUD Fishing Landing Net with Telescoping Pole Handle Extends to 50 Inches

Thanks!

My son is going as the dog catcher from 101 Dalmatians. We were thinking about a fish net for the dog catcher accessory. Would this be allowed through the gate? On Amazon it's listed as...

RESTCLOUD Fishing Landing Net with Telescoping Pole Handle Extends to 50 Inches

Thanks!

Yes, absolutely acceptable! Good thing it's extendable as that makes it easier to store in a backpack or bag during rides and/or when he's tired of holding onto it. FYI - It's okay to copy & paste a link.

I also wanted to add for anyone wanting BOG during the party...

There was a CM with a sign taking same day reservations. This was at the RH entrance tunnel. I’m not saying this is available at every party, but the party was sold out, and they were accepting entering guests at 5 pm.

So we were originally going to go to the 9/29 party but since hearing it is sold out we opted to change nights.
We were able to go to the Disney Guest Services desk at the Dolphin and had no problem switching to this Tuesday, 10/1 party.
Funny thing is, this was the party we originally were gonna do, but touring plans made us decide on Sunday because TP said it would "probably" be less crowded. I guess with the party pass being offered this year it has really changed the trend of previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter