"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here for tonight’s party. MK crowds were super low when I arrived around 2:30 pm. Hope it stays that way!

Any word on if the snake eye treat is available yet? I walked by storybook treats but didn’t see any signage. It’s not listed on the map either so I’m thinking no.

It’s super hot, hoping it cools down once the sun sets. If anyone else is here tonight, have fun!
If it’s a party exclusive treat, which I believe it is, don’t expect to see signs before 7 PM. I don’t expect that they will re-print the maps to add it once it’s available, so I wouldn’t go by that. They’ll likely put out a new batch of maps once the showtimes change in October, and may add it then. Have fun!!!

1) YES - you want to do SWGE. I’m not a SW person at all and can barely spell Batuu - but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Take advantage of the crazy long EEMHs if possible or go at night. Beautiful.

2) I did a group of 12 this summer, 8 adults and 4 children, ages 2-70’s. All of my prior travels had been just my family of four or just me and the kids, so this was WAY out of my comfort zone. I was the unofficial “planner” of the group. On our MK day, any thoughts I had on “staying together” quickly vanished - it just isn’t possible. I eventually took the attitude of “y’all are all adults and can figure this out.... we’ll meet at XX for fireworks or to eat... but otherwise you’re on your own!” We ended up split up quite a bit. Didn’t make for great group/family together time, but did make for keeping me sane. :-)

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for your input on SWGE! I was getting a little blah about it but I still have the Oga's reservation. It's for 5pm so we would be there closer to evening and I did hear it looks really cool at night.

Re: large family WDW trips.... we have done them a few times over the years and we usually do split up and do our own thing and meet up for certain parks or times. This time the "meet up" is the MNSSHP where everyone will be together. Unfortunately I'm the one with the most knowledge of the party, but I'm hoping to share some of that with them on Friday. At least a rundown of the times for shows and parade and where we most likely will be watching them from and leave it at that and NOT volunteer to organize more. The only ones from my immediate family will be one of my DD's and her DH and I can see us 4 being together most of the night. One good thing for them is that most of them are staying DVC at BLT so they can walk over and will probably go early for the DVC entry. We're offsite again and will Uber or Lyft again to BLT or CR for the party.

Fingers crossed it goes well! You're absolutely right about needing space and splitting up for sanity!

If it’s a party exclusive treat, which I believe it is, don’t expect to see signs before 7 PM. I don’t expect that they will re-print the maps to add it once it’s available, so I wouldn’t go by that. They’ll likely put out a new batch of maps once the showtimes change in October, and may add it then. Have fun!!!
I believe it is party exclusive. I swing by again tonight to see if it’s available and report back.

Pirates is 30 minutes which is higher than I’d like but seems everywhere is crowded right at 7 Pm.

Went last night and it seemed like the low crowds at the beginning of the month are done. Very crowded. Lines for candy were quite long, but orderly and fast. Rides, characters, food stands and photo ops also had very long lines. The hub for fireworks felt like a regular fireworks sized crowd. I definitely saw the Hocous Pocus jersey but I didn’t really shop so not sure about the rest of the merch. I got the sleepy hallow pumpkin ice cream sundae and it lived up to my expectations. Overall a good night despite crowds.

I also felt it was crowded for a Tuesday night. I did not ToT until after 9pm and yes some spots were more generous than others. Pirates and Dwarfs ride was busy all night at least 30 minutes or more. After the fireworks it was impossible to get in line for characters. One more party then time for home. I will update later this week.

I was just informed from our bus driver that the party was sold out last night cast members received a text message about it?? I wonder if true?

I was just informed from our bus driver that the party was sold out last night cast members received a text message about it?? I wonder if true?
I will be there on Friday also. From what I heard the party was sold out but I'm not sure how true that statement is since it was not from Disney directly. I watched a live stream (I have watched almost every party lol) and this one seems very crowed. Also I have heard that Tuesday parties seem to be more crowed this year than weekend parties. Not sure if people arriving on Saturday or Sunday want to do it during the week thinking that the weekend will be crowded or everyone is following tips about the Tuesday parties but we shall see.

Last edited:
Tried the search function but not working. The thread does move fast, haven’t checked in since end of august, wow lol

Still on fence whether to keep res @ tony’s For Cruella. Initial reviews were dismal considering the price IMO.

has anyone here visited after the opening night that can give any input?
I really enjoyed Cruella’s. It felt like an oasis from the hectic Halloween party. Cruella was amazing. She made us feel like we were special guests at her party but she still yelled in a funny Cruella-like manner. There were more savory items at this party than the fireworks dessert party. I especially liked the meatballs, fried mozzarella, pizza flatbread, & cold cuts. There were small rolls so I made cold cut sandwiches b/c that’s how I roll lol. I had a few glasses of Prosecco as well from the bar. For me, I was already tired so I really enjoyed having a place to sit down & relax for a little while. I also liked not having to stalk a parade spot. The parade view from the flagpole area is awesome. I would definitely do this party again. It was just a really good time.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but it certainly felt like it. I was so fed up with the crowds that I left early. This was the last time that I do MNSSHP. While the Halloween Extras were a nice touch, the crowds just made it difficult to enjoy being there.

I will be there on Friday also. From what I heard the party was sold out but I'm not sure how true that statement is since it was not from Disney directly.

I was at the first party last year. As I recall, there was a big sign out front stating that the party had sold out.

It appears the magical first two weeks of September have come and gone, so now back to our regularly scheduled 'too crowded' programming, for better or worse. (That's more meant as a joke, not meant to downplay anyone's experiences or reports)

I went to the Friday 9/21 party last year and was barking about that one similar to some of the posts above, vs prior years where I had been able to go during the first 1-2 weeks of Sept.

Will be interesting to watch as the season continues to unfold.

We took my elderly mom last night. It was her first party in many years. I think my oldest was in 2nd grade the last time she went and he's 25 years old now.

It was the most crowded party I've been to this year. We accomplished the least.

Right around 7pm, the ToT line at Cosmic Rays extended out to Auntie Gravities. It moved fast though.

We rented a wheelchair for Mom. Skooters were all sold out before 6pm. They were taking names for a waiting list. We rented a regular wheel chair, which was available. My mom is very small and frail so she was easy to push. She's glad she had it since she can't stand in one place long, or sit on the curb.

We decided to hit the main things with her. Castle show, fireworks, and parade. In addition, we got 3 trick or treat stops and rode potc.

There were no candy meisers last night. Our bags were filled at those 3 stops. Handfuls of candy!

The only thing I wished there had been more time for is Photopass stops. Ds (15) and my mom stopped at one while we held their place for the parade.

I had a Lot-so burger for dinner. It was my 2nd time having one. 1st time, there was the strawberry bacon sauce oozing out of the bun. And it was messy, but phenomenal. Tasted like a gormet burger you'd find at a better restaurant. Last night's burger disappointed a bit. The brie fondue was oozing out the time, but it had very little strawberry bacon sauce. A good balance between the brie and strawberry bacon sauce is needed. The 2 flavors really complement each other.

We stayed the entire length of the party to accomplish what we did.

Only waited a few minutes for a ferry back to the TTC. That surprised me. 2 ferries were running.

It appears the magical first two weeks of September have come and gone, so now back to our regularly scheduled 'too crowded' programming, for better or worse. (That's more meant as a joke, not meant to downplay anyone's experiences or reports)

I went to the Friday 9/21 party last year and was barking about that one similar to some of the posts above, vs prior years where I had been able to go during the first 1-2 weeks of Sept.

Will be interesting to watch as the season continues to unfold.
I was at 9/21 party last year too! As I recall it was pretty crowded also. We shall see this Friday (wishful thinking) crowds will be lighter than Tuesday. Lol

Last night at the party was miserable - never again! This had been our favorite party last year. It felt like they over-sold it this year. The crowds were insane. We waited 10-20 minutes at treat stops and they gave out very little. Our bags were 1/4 filled after 4 stops and we refused to wait in line all night after that for a few pieces of candy. If you need allergy chips, forget it. We received only one per stop and they gave out one little piece of Wurther's or one little bag of gummies, etc. per chip. That bag was literally empty after turning in our chips. We asked for a "craft" item at the allergy stand and was told no - they were only for someone who couldn't eat anything at all. We waited over 20 minutes for a photo with the black iron wagon after riding Haunted Mansion. We skipped the first parade as people were saving spots from 6 pm on and we couldn't handle fighting the crowds. Waited in line another 15-20 minutes to purchase a snack. After the fireworks we went to ride Space Mountain....so did the rest of the park. We rode the People Mover instead. Was able to ride Space with only a 10 min wait at 11pm though. Then tried to see last parade - we were 5 rows back and had very obstructed view. Please note we were in the park by 4pm. At that time there were no crowds but most party things didn't start until 7pm so didn't do us much good. We ever made it to POTC nor did we do any character meet and greets. We limped out in huge crowds just before midnight. And for this we paid $168 for 2 people with tax. DONE with this party. BTW the fireworks and parade were very good - loved the new fireworks show - and Space Mountain in complete darkness was the best. Beyond that though, the rest was not enjoyable due to the immense crowds and gridlock it created. :(

We took my elderly mom last night. It was her first party in many years. I think my oldest was in 2nd grade the last time she went and he's 25 years old now.

That's awesome you took your mom. What did she think of the party, did she enjoy herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter